Taking snacks in carry-on???

I don't post very often, but I do read the boards almost dailly. I have been on 3 previous RCCL cruises, but I have never tried to take any kind of food/drinks with me. I was wondering if it would be possible to take a bag of pretzel or goldfish on board with me? I'm trying to think of ways to get away from eating a piece of pizza at night before going to bed! ;)

Anybody taken food with them on board? I know fruit is a not allowed, but what about anything pre-packaged?

Thanks!

Ewwww, ChipLondon! Reminds me of A Fish called Wanda! :D

I actually thought the OP was going to take a bag of real goldfish onboard for a moment; the type you used to win at the funfair! :eek:

Love the extra-spicy flavour. Mmm - yummy. Actually, we bring a variety of snacks onboard to much on the balcony, some mixed nuts and a bag of almonds.

Ewwww, ChipLondon! Reminds me of A Fish called Wanda! :D

I actually thought the OP was going to take a bag of real goldfish onboard for a moment; the type you used to win at the funfair! :eek:

:rolleyes:Just a thought .. I'd like to see a small "general store" onboard that sold small bags of snacks (chips, candy, etc.) .. also personal items (whatever) .. magazines .. goodies that we can't do without ...

IMO .. this would generate more "revenue" and satisfy some of my needs ..(chips are a bad habit & I love 'em) ...

I don't recall whether Goldfish are sold there, but the store that sells liquor has snacks. On our first cruise, My Mother insisted on bringing snacks for fear that one of the children would get hungry. When we left the ship, the snacks were still in the bag. If you have an addiction to a specific snack then bring it with you. There are no rules that would prevent your goldfish, but we've never had a need/desire in the snack department. We do, however, bring canned drinks. We like to be able to have a soft drink without having to wait on room service; use the expensive ones in the frig; going to Promenade. We buy the soda cards, but still want to have one just for convenience.

We used to be able to get some like these, they were fish and chips snack, some fish shaped and some chips.:)

Oh, yes!!!! I seem to remember those now! They probably went the same way as proper-sized Wagon Wheels (those new ones are a pathetic excuse for a wagon wheel) and Golden Nuggets cereal (which you can still get but in the olden days I swear they were so big you could only get two on a spoon)! :D

Oh, yes!!!! I seem to remember those now! They probably went the same way as proper-sized Wagon Wheels (those new ones are a pathetic excuse for a wagon wheel) and Golden Nuggets cereal (which you can still get but in the olden days I swear they were so big you could only get two on a spoon)! :D

Yes!! tiny wagon wheels and my peeve is the Special K now, it big and hard where as the original was easy to eat, small and light and I loved it and you felt like you would lose weight on it, LOL.

And what about Marathons............. they used to be huge!

Yes!! tiny wagon wheels and my peeve is the Special K now, it big and hard where as the original was easy to eat, small and light and I loved it and you felt like you would lose weight on it, LOL.

And what about Marathons............. they used to be huge!

Yes, I liked the old Special K too! I reckon they did away with half the weight of Marathons when they became Snickers :(

lol! Nothing like a nice nostalgia-fest :D

I don't post very often, but I do read the boards almost dailly. I have been on 3 previous RCCL cruises, but I have never tried to take any kind of food/drinks with me. I was wondering if it would be possible to take a bag of pretzel or goldfish on board with me? I'm trying to think of ways to get away from eating a piece of pizza at night before going to bed! ;)

Anybody taken food with them on board? I know fruit is a not allowed, but what about anything pre-packaged?

Thanks!

I take snacks on all the time...they do have a little general store (gift shop0 on board...quite expensive though...I've taken soft drinks and water too....

Yes, I liked the old Special K too! I reckon they did away with half the weight of Marathons when they became Snickers :(

lol! Nothing like a nice nostalgia-fest :D

Its amazing how many things that have shrunk in size ;) unfortunately I didnt shrink with them. LOL:)

I usually bring a few packs of peanut butter crackers or 100 calorie snacks (like goldfish or equivalent). They are handy for the plane and also shore excursions if I want something small to eat and do not want to spend $$ for a meal in port. Some cruises I eat none others I eat all that I bring ... but I don't think I've ever actually eaten any of my snacks on the ship, always on the plane / shore excursion.

:rolleyes:Just a thought .. I'd like to see a small "general store" onboard that sold small bags of snacks (chips, candy, etc.) .. also personal items (whatever) .. magazines .. goodies that we can't do without ...

IMO .. this would generate more "revenue" and satisfy some of my needs ..(chips are a bad habit & I love 'em) ...

Most of RCI's ships do have such a shop,but considering the prices that they charge,one would be better off bringing those items with them when they board, or purchasing them at a store in their ports of call.:)

I am a chocoholic so on last cruise I brought little candy bars I got from Walmart. They come in 8 packs for $1, lots of varieties..Snickers, Peppermint Patties, Almond Joy, Twix, Reese's PB cups etc. Perfect size for purse, fanny pack. Satisfies the craving but not eating too much at one time.

Nina

Glad to hear that there is no issue bringing them onboard. I went into horrible chip withdrawal on my first cruise. There are desserts and sweets everywhere you turn, but nothing salty and crunchy. I think the only alternative I had was spending $5 on a package of Pringles. :eek: I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Archived