Solstice 1552 or 1610 - Which would you choose?

chamima

The title says it all. Right now we have a choice between Aqua class cabins 1552 and 1610.

From all the reading I've done the pros on 1552 are that the balcony faces the aft of the ship (no wind) and it's forward of the pool deck so no noise from chairs being moved around. The cons are bed near the balcony (which I like but my husband doesn't want) and the window washing equipment next door.

The pros on 1610 are bed near the bath and the cons might be noise from above and wind from forward facing balcony.

I know it's a tough choice ( ;) ) between two wonderful cabins but just wondered if anyone had any advice.

The title says it all. Right now we have a choice between Aqua class cabins 1552 and 1610.

From all the reading I've done the pros on 1552 are that the balcony faces the aft of the ship (no wind) and it's forward of the pool deck so no noise from chairs being moved around. The cons are bed near the balcony (which I like but my husband doesn't want) and the window washing equipment next door.

The pros on 1610 are bed near the bath and the cons might be noise from above and wind from forward facing balcony.

I know it's a tough choice ( ;) ) between two wonderful cabins but just wondered if anyone had any advice.

Without question, 1610. We were in 1606 which is an identical cabin and huge balcony. It's centrally located near the mid-ship's elevators. I think it's the most convenient location on the ship. Wind was not a problem - we did a 15-day transatlantic.

Go with 1610. I did extensive research on this issue and had booked 1610 for Solstice cruise. We switched to Summit due to attractive pricing on suites. However, I would still book 1610 anytime over 1552. i know people say the window washing equipment didn't bother them, but at AQ prices, why have any obstruction.

1610 and similar hump cabins are heavily represented in the S-Class cabin spreadsheet; if you check that out you will see you have the chance at a great cabin! Enjoy AQ and your hump cabin!

Thanks all. We are in 1610 and I will post after the cruise to let future cruisers how it was.

I think you made an excellent decision that you won't regret. Enjoy your cruise and Blu. :)

We also have 1610 on Eclipse for Sept, really looking forward to a great stateroom. Anyone know how many rooms each steward has to take care of?

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Edited by juneday

• 3 months later...

we are staying in the same cabin on 2/6. I did Allot of research and that looked like the best AQ cabin you could choose! Good job! As long as you arent on the same sailing and cant somehow steal it from me! lol :D

Hi Lee,

Have missed your posts on X board!!

Thanks. Life got busy and I took a step from the boards. There was a mean-ness for a while on some of the boards and it wasn't fun anymore. I'm back and so I hope things have improved.

Thanks. Life got busy and I took a step from the boards. There was a mean-ness for a while on some of the boards and it wasn't fun anymore. I'm back and so I hope things have improved.

Since there is no "block" button these boards.... I just use my own ignore button for those posters that annoy the heck out of me:p

CC

Life is too short to let the meanies win. We need more nice guys around. :D Welcome back! I have missed your posts as well.

Nancy

Interesting, since I have detected no mean-ness on the boards. Therefore, to what do you refer.

Since there is no "block" button these boards.... I just use my own ignore button for those posters that annoy the heck out of me:p

CC

Life is too short to let the meanies win. We need more nice guys around. :D Welcome back! I have missed your posts as well.

Nancy

Thanks.

Interesting, since I have detected no mean-ness on the boards. Therefore, to what do you refer.

Sorry Jack. The only thing more pointless than suffering the meanness of people you don't know is reliving it. If you've not detected it, I certainly am not willing to foist it on you or debate it.

Hi Schplinky:

Welcome back, I have missed you too! But I have bookmarked your website and check it out frequently.

I have sailed in both AQ 1605 (portside equivalent of 1610) and AQ 1552.

The rooms and balconies are identical, but the location of 1605 and 1610 is marginally better as it is midship. However, I didn't mind the location of 1552 because I tell myself that the extra walk is good for me.

The home of the window-washing equipment is in front of 1554. You don't notice it when you are further back on your balcony in 1552, but it does interfere with the "panoramic" view when you are at or near the balcony. However, when we were in 1552, it wasn't always parked in front of 1554. It must either have been gone for most of the cruise, or else I got used to it, because I don't remember it after the second day.

Here are detailed pictures of Solstice AQ 1552. AQ 1605 was identical, except for being on the port side, with a balcony that is angled forward, as opposed to 1552, where the balcony is angled aft. However, you have a full 180 degree view from both.

The photos look darker than the room actually is. It was so bright that I forgot to turn the lights on when I took the photographs, and the room looks darker in the pictures.

http://leftcoasters.smugmug.com/Travel/Cruise-Ships/Celebrity-Solstice-Aquaclass/7051726_Pzoiv#451751605_oZ5t3

• 7 years later...

I realize this is a revival of an ancient thread - but! I have the same question 8 years later, #1552 or #1610.

My googling / searching has led me to the following:

#1552 and #1610 are both the same size / layout of the balcony

#1552 bed is by the balcony

#1552 is beneath the corner of the solarium; reported as being very quiet for the most part; also close to Spa amenities

#1552 has partial obstruction (10% ish) because of the window washing equipment (WWE) parked next door (1554)

#1610 bed is by the bath

#1610 is beneath the pool deck; reported as being quiet to very noisy (depending on reviewer opinion/experience).

Minor acceptable noise complaints were deck chairs being repositioned by staff; major noise issues reported were from late-night pool parties, bands playing during the day, and thumping from exercise / dance classes.

#1610 has no obstructions and potentially has more sun than #1552; although both are deep balconies (same size)

#1610 serviced by same room attendant as Higher Suites (good!); but one person reported bath water splashing over from Royal Suite next door (tub is near balcony divider)

Question of the day (or should I say decade, since this question was posed 8 years ago) ...

Has anyone stayed in both? and if you were to book again (having experienced both); which one would you choose and why?

I currently have #1552 booked and #1610 “just” came available and I have a courtesy hold on it, until I decide if I want to make the A1 switch. I’m not bothered by the WWE (noted above); but loud parties / noise would be troublesome for DH.

Thank you in advance, apologies for dredging up an ancient thread, but curious never-the-less.

I am the OP.

We ended up in 1610.

I haven't stayed in 1552 so can't compare for you.

However, we didn't really love 1610 (sorry to all those who love it). The balcony is very deep and totally covered which made the cabin pretty dark.

We did hear some furniture moved in the mornings - don't remember ever hearing any loud parties at night.

We've also come to the conclusion that we prefer bed near the balcony.

So now we stay much closer to the front where the balcony is only partially covered and we get some sun. We also try to stay under the beauty shop because they don't open until well after we're already awake.

I hope this was a little help.

I am the OP.

We ended up in 1610.

I haven't stayed in 1552 so can't compare for you.

However, we didn't really love 1610 (sorry to all those who love it). The balcony is very deep and totally covered which made the cabin pretty dark.

We did hear some furniture moved in the mornings - don't remember ever hearing any loud parties at night.

We've also come to the conclusion that we prefer bed near the balcony.

So now we stay much closer to the front where the balcony is only partially covered and we get some sun. We also try to stay under the beauty shop because they don't open until well after we're already awake.

I hope this was a little help.

Thank you very much for the reply - I do very much appreciate the feedback and it is most helpful.