What is the pizza like on board?

WillW

Can you ask for toppings that are not sausage and pepperoni? I like mushrooms, ham, pineapples, bell peppers, spinach, broccoli, and chicken (not all at the same time) and, of course, extra cheese. I am spoiled with a local pizza store that lets me choose from many toppings and not pay extra for custom orders, so it would be great if I could get a pizza with my own combination of toppings. But I always love a cheese pizza so I can't complain if my favorite toppings are not available.

Not much on it.

And that's what makes it good. Good pizza does not require ANY extra topping. It stands on its own. As a native NYer, I was raised on plain pies, we never junked it up with anything, especially 1/2 inch of gummy fake cheese. That ain't pizza, believe me. Oh, yeah, and better still if it has some burned bubbles. Go to a Neopolitan pizza parlor and you'll see what I mean. BTW, the pizza on the Pacific stinks.

I'm going on the Caribbean princess soon...and I'm hoping to find out some piece of info I hadn't seen yet. So....how would you describe the pizza? I'm a big time NY style pizza lover....not really a dominos or papa john's fan....nor into the Chicago style. So...is it really a NY style pizza...or a bad imitation? Let me know if you're from NY as opinion seems to vary geographically!

I've been on three Princess cruises to date and on allthree ships the pizza was great.....:):):)

Bob

It's very subjective.

I think everyone has a pizza place in their hometown that makes "the best pizza in the world". I'm originally from Victoria, B.C. and consider Romeo's 'special' the ultimate pizza... so I find Princess' pretty so-so (not nearly enough toppings).

LOL I live about a 4 min drive from the Romeo's Broadmead location and just had it for dinner the other night it was good but I prefer the Princess pizza :)

I always make sure to have it for lunch the very first day and wash it down with a 24 K Rita....OMG YUM :D

LOL I live about a 4 min drive from the Romeo's Broadmead location and just had it for dinner the other night it was good but I prefer the Princess pizza :)

See... each to their own!

I'll tell you Princess' pizza is better than any Korean pizza (corn & sweet potatos are usual toppings)... LOL.

I have liked the pizza on all ships. I enjoy all different types of pizza and Princess makes them fresh all day. I had a spicy one with jalapeno on the Star in May. :)

Give me great NY, Chicago, California - thick, thin. Just be great crust and toppings. No cardboard or frozen:eek:

Have been on 3 different Princess ships and found the pizza to be real good. I'm originally from N. Jersey so I think I know good pizza. Previously a poster said "there's no such thing as bad pizza". Evidently, they have never had pizza on NCL.

The best pizza left us with the departure of the Regal, Dawn, Sea and Sun ships. The pizza they have now is OK, but I have had much better at our local pizzeria..

Can't wait to have a pizza (and maybe a calzone!) on the Sea Princess in a couple of weeks. Great pizzerias on the Sun-class ships. And yes, the best pizza I had was at the Regal Princess' Bravo pizza restaurant. Excellent with a wide selection of different pizzas.

And no, I'm not from New York. Last time we were in New York, a native took us on a pizzeria crawl... 'twas fun and yummy. New York-style is, IMHO, the best.

When I visited my sister in New York, I ordered cheese pizza and was surprised to see no cheese on it. At least one restaurant in Brooklyn, apparently, puts the sauce on top of the cheese. So when people say "New York style" pizza, I think of square pizza that has sauce over the cheese. Is that what everybody means by New York style?

See... each to their own!

I'll tell you Princess' pizza is better than any Korean pizza (corn & sweet potatos are usual toppings)... LOL.

Bill you need to come home and have a proper pizza :D Don't get me wrong we had corn tonight and I love sweet potatos but on pizza?? :(

Just Kidding......my DH likes the Princess Pizza but honestly does not share my passionn for it....that said he loves the grilled hamburgers and smokies and I don't ......:rolleyes:

When I visited my sister in New York, I ordered cheese pizza and was surprised to see no cheese on it. At least one restaurant in Brooklyn, apparently, puts the sauce on top of the cheese. So when people say "New York style" pizza, I think of square pizza that has sauce over the cheese. Is that what everybody means by New York style?

It sounds like you had grandma’s pizza. Not my favorite. The problem is that many places have re-invented the pizza by either eliminating cheese and or replacing it with toppings like pineapple, which IMOP does not belong on Pizza even in the Caribbean. Growing up and still living in the suburbs of N. Y. We judged pizza on the crust which should be crisp not rubber like Florida pizza, It has to have the right amount of tomato sauce, not too much to make it soggy and plenty of cheese. When you fold the slice to eat it some oil should drip in the plate. Princess pizza is the best I have had outside of N.Y. Does anyone want to talk bagels? :D

On one of the nights on our Princess cruise I will take my slice of pizza to the Horizon Court and load the plate up with other food. Once a lady asked me were I got the slice of pizza because she couldn't find it in the buffet.

We loved the pizzerias on the old Sun Class ships. (Ocean, Dawn, Sun and Sea) They were actual sit down restaurants that served individual whole pizzas and a few pasta dishes. My husband would insist that we eat there as soon as we boarded. It was seldom full and I think it's because people thought it was an extra charge restaurant. Are any of them left?

We too loved the pizza and would add it to a salad from the buffet, if it was mealtime. I just didn't care for their "special" pizzas some days - maybe it's just me, but the special tuna pizza might have been o.k. as a substitute for a lunch sandwich, but it wasn't pizza! And I don't think I need to have smoked salmon on a pizza again either. Everything else....bring it on!

I don't know what New York style pizza is, but I haven't been too impressed with the pizza on Princess. It seems very plain, with few toppings. I'm from California, and I like Round Table pizza out here - don't know what kind of pizza that is, "California Style"???:o

Tofu, wheat germ and sprouts on a multi-grain crust. :rolleyes:

I grew up in Brooklyn. The pizza on Princess is very good NY style pizza. Thin crust, fold in the middle style. They have pepperoni and a Pizza of the Day, but I always went for a cheese slice. It's the only way to eat New York pizza! (I wish I could find pizza as good as that here on the West Coast.)

YUP.

Great flavor, thin crust. They got the crust/cheese/oil similar to the

Long Island pizza parlor slices I enjoyed back in the 70's.

By the way, the grilled cheeseburgers were a great snack too.

I'm very picky about my pizza. Don't like a lot of sauce, don't like the crust "too" thin. I'm very happy to tell you the pizza on the CB is delicious. Just right. Nice crispy crust, right amount of cheese & sauce and not floppy! and not that youre asking - but the hot dogs and burgers are equally as good. In fact, I will there in three weeks to confirm this fact. L0L

:)

This is great to hear! Thanks guys.

I know all sorts of people have all different types of pizza....and most of it seems to be geographically specific. I'm born, raised, and live in NY so my type of pizza sounds like the kind I can expect on the ship.

Not to bash any other type of pizza, I love variety....I espically love "authentic" Neapolitan pizza margherita...but I always come back to that thin crust oily goodness I've grown up on....

I still can't eat Domino's, no matter how much they now like to show that they don't fake their pictures...or the commercials where people say "It's good"...like they'd put up a commercial of some guy in Brooklyn or Chicago telling them what they think. :-)

Archived