Where's Berwyn Gone?

ekco

Forced day off today, after doing 13 days straight doing 12 hr shifts at the power plant, feel worse for it...like a bloody zombie here now.

Done all the little jobs around the house as she is still..yes still decorating :mad: it's the bedrooms now..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr put up 3 new curtain rails today plus cut the grass after finding the lawn mower in "in the long grass" :D

Went round a girlfriends house to repair her pc..just sitting here chilling :p

Now about to watch a dvd and fall asleep ;)

Back to the top..just to keep this topic alive ;)

Indeed!! Surely must be some way of finding out what's happened. :confused: Glad you got your gardening done. The rain came on here about 13.30 after some glorious weather. I'm on the North East coast of N.Ireland.

Regards Mo.

Forced day off today, after doing 13 days straight doing 12 hr shifts at the power plant, feel worse for it...like a bloody zombie here now.

Done all the little jobs around the house as she is still..yes still decorating it's the bedrooms now..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr put up 3 new curtain rails today plus cut the grass after finding the lawn mower in "in the long grass"

Went round a girlfriends house to repair her pc..just sitting here chilling :p

Now about to watch a dvd and fall asleep ;)

Are you insane?:D

Girlfriend? how do you get away with that?:D:D

Jan

Indeed!! Surely must be some way of finding out what's happened. :confused: Glad you got your gardening done. The rain came on here about 13.30 after some glorious weather. I'm on the North East coast of N.Ireland.

Regards Mo.

Hi Mo

If Berwyn doesn't put his Mexico photos on Photobucket after the holiday then we'll know something's really wrong. He's due to go tomorrow.:confused:

Weather nice this morning but gradually going now, shame!

Jan

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mo

If Berwyn doesn't put his Mexico photos on Photobucket after the holiday then we'll know something's really wrong. He's due to go tomorrow.:confused:

Weather nice this morning but gradually going now, shame!

Jan

Not that I know Berwyn personally but like all of you I am wondering if there is any news. So bumping this topic up again.

Susan

Not that I know Berwyn personally but like all of you I am wondering if there is any news. So bumping this topic up again.

Susan

Hi Susan

Funny you doing that. Infoqueen just did the same thing on Thomson forum. As I said over there I don't think he's back from Mexico until the weekend (If he's gone that is). So fingers crossed as he's not even logged in since 13th July, quite a long time now.:confused::confused:

Jan

Hi Jan, I have been trying to catch you on here. We have to cancel our trip next week as our daughter is so ill. Her kidneys have failed and so added to her liver not working, they have told us she will not recover.

She seemed a bit better on Sunday, so we felt a bit optimistic, but today she is much worse.

Linda

Hi Jan, I have been trying to catch you on here. We have to cancel our trip next week as our daughter is so ill. Her kidneys have failed and so added to her liver not working, they have told us she will not recover.

She seemed a bit better on Sunday, so we felt a bit optimistic, but today she is much worse.

Linda

Oh Linda! I'm really sorry to hear that. That's the trouble, it's like dominos when one organ fails the rest follow on. So close to your 40th as well, remind me was it the 18th? I wondered where you'd got to recently and I'll be thinking of you, you're going to need to be strong as only a mother can be.:):)

Weddingcakegate continues. I had the marizpan rolled out for the 12" one but when I picked up the cake to put it on, DISASTER!!:eek: A large earthquake type crack appeared because it was too fresh and I didn't support the bottom enough. You should have seen me trying to glue it back together with jam, lol.:eek: I got the marzipan on and I ordered cake boards from ebay but how I'm going to get it on the board I don't know.

Did you see the storm ship video RR put on last week, have a look it'll cheer you up.:):)

Jan

Thanks Jan, I am just going up to see her. Her partner is with her, he looks terrible and won't eat anything.

Perhaps you should have gone to M&S and bought some cakes. I think you can buy just the cakes decorate them yourself.

I did see the video, it was very funny, but glad I was not on the ship.

Anniversary on 19th! Hoping to celebrate it later and perhaps go away at Christmas - if we can claim on the insurance and they don't find a way of getting out of paying!

Surely they wouldn't deny you on the insurance in the circumstances?

I can make the cakes ok, it's getting the royal icing smooth. Christmas cakes are easy as I just do the old snow drift method, lol. I've had a look on YouTube and I think with a bit of patience it should be fine, trouble is I hate fondant icing even though it's easier.:):)

Jan

I wonder if anyone has experience of cancelling a holiday and claiming insurance. My other daughter has a friend who's Dad died and they would not pay out because they said it was a pre-existing condition. They could ask for her notes and see she had been hospitalized several times in the last 3 years.

I don't understand that Linda (your daughters friend). I mean if you have an ongoing illness and take out travel insurance they won't cover you for that but they don't ask you if all your family members are ill. Does it mean that they will only pay if there's a sudden death because how are you supposed to know the date and time if you have a relative with an ongoing problem. With a degenerative condition it could go on for years without any sudden deterioration. You need to read the small print and ask a few questions of your insurers, pretend to be someone else taking out insurance if you have to without giving anything away and don't take any nonsense from them or you'll be in touch with Watchdog. That won't be easy as all your energies are going to be elsewhere and you might not have any fight left. You might need to get a letter from the hospital about the circumstances. What did the travel company say when you cancelled or haven't you cancelled yet? Am I making any sense as I'm thinking aloud? lol.

Why not put a question on the Thomson forum as it's a bit busier over there at the moment and I'm sure you'll get some advice. Or, there must be forums about travel insurance on the net.

Now I'm babbling because I don't know what I'm talking about, lol.:):)

Jan

Regards Mo.

My boss is at his house in Newcastle south of Belfast this week can you keep him there for me for a couple of months Ta

RR, trust me, you don't want to be on a stag do with your son. What you don't know can't hurt you.:eek:

AND as for the yakking, pots and kettles, ha, ha.:p

Are you still doing 12 hour shifts?:eek:

Jan

Thanks for your good wishes. Nikki died this morning. The hospital phoned to say she had died. We thought they were going to call us before, but they didn't. Her partner had been a complete a***e in the night and was thrown out by security!

I am still trying to get a letter to send to the insurance company. I expect I am just jumping the gun and they will pay out with no trouble. OH got a new copy of the policy from Lloyds who are our insurers and it does not mention a pre-existing condition, just says serious illness or death of a close relative.

I feel guilty being on here tonight, but just trying to keep my mind occupied.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Linda. What a shame they didn't phone you from the hospital. Don't feel guilty, you've had a long hard road to travel and when that's the case you often do your grieving beforehand, especially in your circumstances. The best thing to do, I've found, is just to keep busy all the time and then you don't dwell on things. I was thinking about you today and hoping things would improve.

Thinking about it I'm sure the insurance will be ok when they know the circumstances. If not let me know and I'll go and get them for you.:):)

Jan

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Linda. What a shame they didn't phone you from the hospital. Don't feel guilty, you've had a long hard road to travel and when that's the case you often do your grieving beforehand, especially in your circumstances. The best thing to do, I've found, is just to keep busy all the time and then you don't dwell on things. I was thinking about you today and hoping things would improve.

Thinking about it I'm sure the insurance will be ok when they know the circumstances. If not let me know and I'll go and get them for you.:):)

Jan

Thanks Jan

You must be shattered. Hope you can get some sleep tonight.:)

Jan

I went to bed about midnight and slept 'til 4ish then dozed off again until 6.30. Just sitting in bed with the netbook and a cuppa:) Lots to do today. We have to wait until the bereavement officer phones from the hospital with an appointment. Then lots of paperwork I suppose:(

Because of what has happened to us, I have often wondered if something

has happened to Berwyn's son, but surely he would have come on here and told us:confused:

Hi Linda

Glad you got some sleep. You will be very busy running about everywhere, up to the hospital, into town to register, calling in at Social Services to cancel any pensions (take the death cert.), benefits etc., funeral directors. Get at least 3 original copies of the death certificate, I'm assuming that's all this is your responsibility, make a list as you'll definitely need it. We never stopped when my mother-in-law died, especially as sister-in-law threw a wobbler and got put into a psychiatric ward for 3 weeks after she had the stroke. Strangely, the day after the funeral and after the house had been cleared and handed back to the council she make a miraculous recovery!! We, on the other hand, were absolutely exhausted. :eek::eek:

I don't think Berwyn's son's condition was life threatening (Crohns I think). After going into hospital for treatment it seem it could be controlled through medication. My husbands cousin suffered from this when he was younger and was in hospital a few times but as he has got older it seem to have waned a lot.:):)

Jan

Archived