Where's Berwyn Gone?

ekco

Hi Jan, couldn't get death certificate today as Nikki had put her partner down as next of kin and he wouldn't answer his phone! When he finally did answer, it was too late to get an appointment! So have to do that tomorrow. We managed to arrange the funeral, but that was wrong with her partner - he wanted to be there! I said if he wanted to pay for it, he could arrange all he wanted. Going to cost £3000:eek: So looks as if we have to forgo the new windows or a Christmas cruise. Guess which one is going? Well, not the cruise:D

Hi Linda

Was your daughter married to her partner because if not he probably isn't the next of kin legally, I rather think it might be you. It's a bit more complicated than just putting down who you want to be next of kin so check it out. Wow! £3000 is a lot of money, I'll be having a cheap cardboard coffin, lol. I remembered later that you need to put a stop on bank/building society accounts, if any. We did that with mother-in-law's just to be careful because the vultures don't take long to appear, anyway they said that if we presented the bill they would let us have the funeral expenses out of the account. Depends if there's any money.:):)

Jan

Just checking out next of kin and looks like I might be wrong as there is no definition in English law. I always thought there was but maybe I'm getting mixed up with the 'will' side of things. If you leave no will it is a bit more complicated regarding inheritance.:confused:

Jan

It's long story Jan and I expect people are getting fed up with this as we are way "off thread" :o

You said you sent a private email to Berwyn, but I could not see how to do it. Perhaps we could do that, but only if you want to:) I presume we are not allowed to put our email address on here. Actually, the email address that cruise critic have for me is wrong as mine was locked by Hotmail when that hacker got into it last week, so I need to tell them.

How do I do that? Is it on User CP? Oh where is Berwyn??? He knew all these things:(

Hi Linda

I sent a message through the other cruise site and put a receipt on it but it hasn't been opened. I don't actually know his email because the message goes through the third party.

I was looking around my profile page and sent a friend request to you just to see if that enabled private messaging because I can't seen anywhere what the point of befriending is if you can't do that. I'm none the wiser now though, lol. Other forum sites enable private messaging so it's a bit puzzling. Maybe I'm missing something, it wouldn't be the first time.:D:D

I was shocked about the search I did last night for next of kin. I had no idea that you could put anyone on forms at the hospital, say. So what's to stop your spouse putting the bloke up the road down and bypassing you? Seems a bit odd.

Hope you day is a little better.

Jan xxx

Hi Linda

I sent a message through the other cruise site and put a receipt on it but it hasn't been opened. I don't actually know his email because the message goes through the third party.

I was looking around my profile page and sent a friend request to you just to see if that enabled private messaging because I can't seen anywhere what the point of befriending is if you can't do that. I'm none the wiser now though, lol. Other forum sites enable private messaging so it's a bit puzzling. Maybe I'm missing something, it wouldn't be the first time.:D:D

I was shocked about the search I did last night for next of kin. I had no idea that you could put anyone on forms at the hospital, say. So what's to stop your spouse putting the bloke up the road down and bypassing you? Seems a bit odd.

Hope you day is a little better.

Jan xxx

Got the death certificate from the hospital, then went to register it in Oxford. I'm afraid I threw a bit of a wobbly there as her partner was arguing about what surname should be on the certificate:mad: Honestly!!

he is so unpredictable, I'm dreading the funeral.

I accepted you as a friend, but can't see what to do next - oh Berwyn where are you???

Just going out for an hour or so, can't stand being indoors anymore.

Linda xxx

Hi Linda

Sounds like you had a bit of a day. Does this partner have the same problem?

Sounds a right bleep bleep.:):)

How spooky is this, I've had premium bonds for years and won absolutely nothing. So I said "right, that's it, I'm cashing them in if I don't win anything this month". I got a prize the other day, for guess what?, £25, wow!! champagne dinner for us then, lol. Do you think it's a sign not to sell?:eek::eek:

Jan

Hi Linda

Sounds like you had a bit of a day. Does this partner have the same problem?

Sounds a right bleep bleep.:):)

How spooky is this, I've had premium bonds for years and won absolutely nothing. So I said "right, that's it, I'm cashing them in if I don't win anything this month". I got a prize the other day, for guess what?, £25, wow!! champagne dinner for us then, lol. Do you think it's a sign not to sell?:eek::eek:

Jan

Probably :) I had some for a few years in a syndicate where I worked and as soon as I left they won something:eek:

Yes, we think partner has same problem! He was sleeping in his car in the hospital carpark, while she was in hospital and there was a bag of beer cans outside the car on the path. He says it helps!!

Yesterday he came round with a note he says he had just "found" saying what Nikki wanted at her funeral, but I had been warned by my son-in-law, so i hid upstairs, but my wimpy OH and son would not open the door, so he left a message on the phone and went. Haven't heard anymore from him - thank goodness -just been for a meal to "celebrate" our anniversary today.

Hi Linda so sorry to hear about your daughter , hope that the funeral goes smoothly for you all . Congratulations on your anniversary hope your meal was good

mrs.c

Thanks mrs c. :) Everyone has been so kind. Takes a crisis to realise how many friends you have. It is our 40th anniversary today and we should be on the "high seas" heading for the Med on the Celeb. Eclipse,but obviously we had to cancel it. We are still waiting for the documentation from cruise deals so that we can claim from the insurance company. We cancelled the holiday last week, but are still waiting. I don't know how long it should take them?

We are thinking of going on a cruise at Christmas instead, but feel guilty for thinking of holidays.

The meal was good, just me, my husband and son. My other daughter & son in law have taken their little girl to Butlins for the weekend, so hope they can get away from it all for a while. She has been wonderful:)

Happy Ruby Anniversary Linda. Hope you're getting a bit of enjoyment out of you day.

I'm sure your daughter is with you in spirit today and will be close by until the funeral.

We've been out buzzing around today and bought the champagne and rose cava for our anniversary.:):)

Jan

Happy Ruby Anniversary Linda. Hope you're getting a bit of enjoyment out of you day.

I'm sure your daughter is with you in spirit today and will be close by until the funeral.

We've been out buzzing around today and bought the champagne and rose cava for our anniversary.:):)

Jan

When are you going away? Is the cake finished yet???:D

My boss is at his house in Newcastle south of Belfast this week can you keep him there for me for a couple of months Ta

Hi Haven't logged in for a while so missed your post. Don't want you to think I was ignoring you!! :D Always hoping to hear something about Berwyn. :confused: Your boss is probably back by now although N Ireland is difficult to leave!! ;) Kind regards Mo.

Thanks for your good wishes. Nikki died this morning. The hospital phoned to say she had died. We thought they were going to call us before, but they didn't.

Hi Linda. I have not logged in for a while so missed your post. I am so sorry to hear your sad news. This must be a difficult time for you. I hope everything works out for you. Sincere sympathy to you & your family. Kind regards. Mo.

Always hoping to hear something about Berwyn. ;) Kind regards Mo.

Hi Mo

I was in the garden this afternoon and had a brainwave, or so I thought. Berwyn mentioned once that he'd sold cd's/dvd's on ebay. So I had a look at the members list but couldn't puzzle out what his user name might be. Any ideas? tried all the Cymro permutations, you can send a message if you know the username.:):)

Jan

Yeah but? my name on ebay is nothing like on here or real life..needle in a haystack comes to mind

It was worth a try Victor!! You'd be surprised how many people stick to similar usernames so they can remember them, so there!!:p Any ideas smartypants? Thought not!!;)

Hi Linda. I have not logged in for a while so missed your post. I am so sorry to hear your sad news. This must be a difficult time for you. I hope everything works out for you. Sincere sympathy to you & your family. Kind regards. Mo.

Thank you Mo. The funeral is on Friday, not looking forward to it of course, but worse is that her partner is acting very oddly. We want to bury her ashes in the local churchyard, but he says it should be at the Crematorium with my Mum and Dad. He told my other daughter he would dig her up!! That's all I need at a time like this:eek:

Hi Jan, sorry can't help with ebay - don't really use it as don't trust the Paypal thing!! Would Berwyn be back from Mexico yet? Oh, I do wish we knew what had happened to him:(

Is the cake finished?

Hi Linda

I think Berwyn shouild be back now, I had a look on photobucket yesterday but nothing there.

My cake is coming along nicely, I'm putting the second coat of icing on today. All the cake decorations are here from ebay, 6 burgundy roses with tiny pearl insets and matching ribbon. Hopefully they'll cover up any flaws. Just one week to go.

Hope you managed to enjoy your anniversary despite the circumstances and good luck tomorrow.:):)

Jan

I have his address. I had to join 192 to find some addresses when my email got closed down, so have one or two credits left. We can't write to him tho' can we:confused::confused:

Thanks for the good wishes Jan, not looking forward to tomorrow, but it has to be got through and then we can move on (her partner permitting!!)

I call him the lunatic:D

Archived