Miami hotel...cheap?

Hi everyone!

I can book the Hilton airport for $76! Great price but I'm interested in a place with free shuttle to port and breakfast. We stayed at a place like this in Fll years ago. Can't remember which hotel it was though and doesn't matter cause we're flying into MIA.

Any suggestions??

I decided on Holiday Inn Port of Miami.... we'll see how that goes. Total price for 2 rooms w/ 3 people each was ~ $250. I read one review about the Hilton airport where the person said they woke up to beg bugs biting them.:eek: No price is worth that!!

I decided on Holiday Inn Port of Miami.... we'll see how that goes. Total price for 2 rooms w/ 3 people each was ~ $250. I read one review about the Hilton airport where the person said they woke up to beg bugs biting them.:eek: No price is worth that!!

You are correct but bedbugs while rare, do not confine themselves to any particular hotel or location and are usually introduced by previous guests. Frankly, I think that the person who booked Marriott Biscayne Bay got a much better deal and the cost of transfers from either the Holiday Inn or the Marriott will be approximately the same and is negligible when the total cost of your stay at either hotel is considered.

The Holiday Inn is a great choice. It's right across from Bayside Marketplace where you'll find many great stores and restaurants. When you check in ask for a room with a view of the port.

$250 for 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn seems kind of pricy to me. I got the Hyatt for $89 and the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $99 and I know lots of people get even better rates.

Hi everyone!

I can book the Hilton airport for $76! Great price but I'm interested in a place with free shuttle to port and breakfast. We stayed at a place like this in Fll years ago. Can't remember which hotel it was though and doesn't matter cause we're flying into MIA.

Any suggestions??

Try the La Quinta Inn Miami Airport EAST, we have stayed there twice. About the same price as you quote but they have a free breakfast and free transport to the port of Miami

Try the La Quinta Inn Miami Airport EAST, we have stayed there twice. About the same price as you quote but they have a free breakfast and free transport to the port of Miami

The downside is that you are out by the airport with its attendant noise. Also not many options if you want to dine out or be entertained the evening before you sail. Free breakfast and transportation to the port are pluses but the cost of transport from Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt or Holiday Inn is pretty reasonable.

I reserved the Biscayne Bay Marriott yesterday for $99 for mid September. Of course, I hope to get either the Hyatt or Marriott on Priceline nearer my cruise date for around $55. I got the Hyatt last Oct. for that on Priceline.

the extra cost is due to an extra person charge per room (there are 6 of us). I was afraid to do priceline because they can't guarantee a room with 2 beds that will accommodate 3 people. May not be a bargain but I have peace of mind which is also priceless to me :)

As previously mentioned, the LaQuinta Miami East (Airport), is cheap, has free continentatl breakfast, and a free shuttle from the airport and to the pier. Upon checkin, just make sure to give the from desk your name, and the names of everyone in your party to secure your space on the shuttle. The rates before taxes is usually around $65-$70.

the extra cost is due to an extra person charge per room (there are 6 of us). I was afraid to do priceline because they can't guarantee a room with 2 beds that will accommodate 3 people. May not be a bargain but I have peace of mind which is also priceless to me :)

While Priceline can't make that guarantee, anytime we have been in that situation, including once at the Hyatt when we needed a room for three adults and two children, contacting the hotel directly after making the Priceline reservation worked out quite well. Extra person charges are not something that I have encountered with most major hotel chains unless I was booking through the cruiseline itself.

I've seen the 5-star Intercontinental(next to Bayside Marketplace) for $83 on lastminutetraveldotcom...it's the unknown 34-floor hotel.

I've been able to get in the Intercontinental twice for under $100/night and once for $109 through priceline. It's also right across the park from Bayside and is my very favorite hotel when cruising out of Miami.

Aubie

While Priceline can't make that guarantee, anytime we have been in that situation, including once at the Hyatt when we needed a room for three adults and two children, contacting the hotel directly after making the Priceline reservation worked out quite well. Extra person charges are not something that I have encountered with most major hotel chains unless I was booking through the cruiseline itself.

Lucky you!! I have always had the 3rd person issue. I will try the priceline route next time when just DH and I travel. Maybe I'll get lucky too :)

Wow.. and I thought I got a deal at the Embassy Suites Miami - $134.00 includes shuttle from airport, managers reception, king bed, balcony and a hot breakfast. The shuttle to the port is $10 pp.. but now I am thinking a cab might be better?? My reservation is in October.. so I still have time to change my mind.. (its the balcony that sucks me ... I had a hard time finding a room with one..)

Wow.. and I thought I got a deal at the Embassy Suites Miami - $134.00 includes shuttle from airport, managers reception, king bed, balcony and a hot breakfast. The shuttle to the port is $10 pp.. but now I am thinking a cab might be better?? My reservation is in October.. so I still have time to change my mind.. (its the balcony that sucks me ... I had a hard time finding a room with one..)

Just so you know the Embassy Suites Miami is near the airport in an industrial part of town and there isn't much to see from a balcony. Now, if you were staying at the Biscayne Marriott, the Intercontinental (great choice!) and even the Holiday Inn by Bayside or any of the Brickell Avenue hotels if would be worth having a balcony.

Archived