Favourite songs played on the cruise ship?

adm9148

What are your favourite songs played on your cruise ship which provide you with so many memories when you listen to them again?

My favourite 2 have to be:

Earth wind and fire- let's groove, as this was played so many times before the shows in the theatre and fills me with so many memories.

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, as this was played so many times throughout my cruise on millie around the mediterranean in 2004. And fills me with so many emotions when i listen to it, as it is such a beautiful song :)

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, as this was played so many times throughout my cruise on millie around the mediterranean in 2004. And fills me with so many emotions when i listen to it, as it is such a beautiful song :)

I quoted this because I think everyone who is not familiar with this version should stop what they are doing and immediately access it online or however they have to in order to hear just how good this version is. Israel was an extremely talented guy (RIP) and this version gives me chills every time I hear it.

As for me, I've been a record collector for almost 40 years, so it's hard for me to answer your question. One song I can do without is the famous "Dollar Song." If I ever hear "dolla, dolla, dolla, dolla" again it will be too soon!

The Iz song for us is synonymous with X--they should bring it back!!!

and of course the "dollar song" when they actually had genuine reggae bands on board--our favorite was Opus!

I couldn't work out why every time I heard Earth, Wind and Fire's Fantasy I felt quite ecstatic until I remembered that I heard it on various X cruises. It was often used for the shows. If I want something to pick me up - that's it!

Also, SOTR by the fab Iz - it just speaks X

Lynne:)

1st cruise we ever took, we boarded the ship, got into the elevator and were greeted with "The Morning After" by Maureen McGovern from the movie the "Poseidon Adventure". We laughed like heck hoping it wasn't a bad omen. The music must have been on a loop as we heard it many times that cruise. Jinglette and I still chuckle about it when we are reminiscing.

Jingle

Anything Bob Marley. That music is really only appropriate for Caribbean cruises, but no matter what ship I'm on and no matter where I go, I still smile every time I hear a Bob Marley song.

Couldn't agree more here, whilst cruising the Caribbean Bob Marley always brings a huge smile to my face!

Hi, Sweet! Do I remember correctly that you are going on a cruise in December?

My fave cruise song is "One Love" by Bob Marley, played at the pool by the reggae band (Opus was my favorite, too!) When I hear that or "Red Wine," then I know that I am really on vacation!

I agree 100%!!! Whenever I hear this song it takes me back to our wonderful cruises on Celebrity Constellation. I'm smiling just thinking about it.... :)

Joe

I heard Iz for the first time on our Hawaii Cruise a few years back. We were on Mercury. I love his work and his sound. Its such a shame that he passed so young. His "N Dis Life" album and "Facing Future" album are both fantastic.

When Iz sings "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" it reminds me of cruising the Hawaiian Islands where rainbows occur almost everyday.

Agree anything by Bob Marley in particular , don't worry...bout a thing...cuz every little thing is gonna be alright...another special moment on a Panama Canal cruise we were on the aft bar deck and an acoustic guitar player was playing Sweet Home Chicago under a full moon off the coast of Mexico.My DH took my hand and said Hon it doesn't get any better than this.He was so right!

Archived