Self service Laundry on Quest

carrots

Works just fine although you still have to act like the washing machine still takes quarters. t can get very backed up particularly on at sea days. The soap they provide is too harsh so we bring our own.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with the self service laundry on the Quest??

Deck 7, port, aft.

I don't do laundry. My DH does all the laundry. He would do the laundry early at 6:00am or so to beat the crowds.

@carrots

We have used the laundry on Quest and Journey. It is on Deck 7, port side, a little forward of the fwd elevators. Check out our pix at smugmug. We had nothing but sea days, but never any problem with unavailability.

Deck 7, port, aft.

I don't do laundry. My DH does all the laundry. He would do the laundry early at 6:00am or so to beat the crowds.

I bet your DH was one of those people who woke us up. We had the cabin across from the laundry and the hours are posted as 7:00 am. But people who think they are special would show up as early as 5:30, banging the door, talking loudly. I sure wish AZ would enforce the times or that people would figure out that the rules apply to everyone, including them.

I sure wish AZ would enforce the times or that people would figure out that the rules apply to everyone, including them.

Even though the door was locked and a sign was posted that it didn't open till 7, a staff member would unlock the door for early birds? Did you have any luck with complaining about the practice? I guess your location of cabin will be different in the future.:)

Laundry room does not open early. There are many cabins that adjoin the room. Laundry room is noisy and the lines in the hallway can get long. On my first cruise I tried several times to get a machine and failed. Best time is late afternoon on port days. Also, for some weird reason, many people avoid Sunday. I also use the regular send out laundry service and wash things out in the cabin. Use the hairdryer to dry or let them dry naturally on the cord (bring clothespins) or on the veranda.

Even though the door was locked and a sign was posted that it didn't open till 7, a staff member would unlock the door for early birds? Did you have any luck with complaining about the practice? I guess your location of cabin will be different in the future.:)

Mentioned it a few times to the Hotel Director and he did send someone to police it once. Luckily for us, our cabin was two doors down. Could get very noisy.

But you know what's really funny? That people think it's OK to ignore posted rules. It always amazes me when they see a room that says it isn't supposed to be used until 7:00 am and they enter it because it is open. Or they go and coerce a crew member into opening it for them. What the heck? People, if it says 7:00 am, that means for everyone. You aren't special? If you were that special, you would be on your own private yacht with a maid to do your laundry. Just because you are an early bird that thinks you can do your laundry at 5:45, doesn't mean that the people just across the hall who hear you go in and come out or talking or the opening and closing the machines are. Rules apply to everyone. If the hours on the door say 7:00 am to 9:00 pm then that's what they mean. For everyone. Really.

On our Best of Italy cruise this past May we were able to do laundry probably four different times without hitting crowds. The keys: avoid sea days and other "down time" periods of the cruise. Also, don't go expecting to grab more than one machine at a time. We were successful in getting laundry done both at dinner time (particularly early-ish, as it seems many people perfer to eat around the six o'clock hour) and immediately upon returning from port tours.

I bet your DH was one of those people who woke us up. We had the cabin across from the laundry and the hours are posted as 7:00 am. But people who think they are special would show up as early as 5:30, banging the door, talking loudly. I sure wish AZ would enforce the times or that people would figure out that the rules apply to everyone, including them.

Sorry, not us. We weren't on your cruise. :rolleyes: I'm not sure about rules as he only used the laundry when it was open (by Azamara by the way). I think people probably complained because they could not do their laundry so maybe Azamara changed the times. My DH wouldn't be banging on doors either nor talking to anyone. He would have put laundry in prior to going for his run.

Mentioned it a few times to the Hotel Director and he did send someone to police it once. Luckily for us, our cabin was two doors down. Could get very noisy.

But you know what's really funny? That people think it's OK to ignore posted rules. It always amazes me when they see a room that says it isn't supposed to be used until 7:00 am and they enter it because it is open. Or they go and coerce a crew member into opening it for them. What the heck? People, if it says 7:00 am, that means for everyone. You aren't special? If you were that special, you would be on your own private yacht with a maid to do your laundry. Just because you are an early bird that thinks you can do your laundry at 5:45, doesn't mean that the people just across the hall who hear you go in and come out or talking or the opening and closing the machines are. Rules apply to everyone. If the hours on the door say 7:00 am to 9:00 pm then that's what they mean. For everyone. Really.

Jim,

If you had a problem you needed to complain to Azamara, not on a message board. If Azamara opened the doors early than they changed the times.

Jim,

If you had a problem you needed to complain to Azamara, not on a message board. If Azamara opened the doors early than they changed the times.

I can pretty much complain wherever I darn well feel like complaining. I am sure (after talking to the hotel director) that Azamara didn't change any times. What probably happened is some poor cabin steward was walking by and was asked (or begged, or bullied) by a pax to open the door. What's the steward going to do? Reprimand them for even asking? I doubt it. Can you imagine the posts if someone from Azamara came down at 5:30 AM and told those people to go back to their cabin.

There would be nothing to complain about if people would just follow the posted rules. This is the same thing that happens day in and day out everywhere. People who think the rules apply to everyone but them. Chair saving by the pool, dress codes at dinner, going into the gym early, smoking on a verandah or just about anything. We are becoming a world full of self-entitled people and I for one am tired of it.

Now that I got that off my chest, the real message here is, do unto other as you would have them do unto you. Do you want someone outside your cabin (and they don't have to talk or do anything, just opening the door may be enough) when you are trying to sleep.

Thanks Carol. Since we were in your cabin, we have first hand experience. During the day we did hear some loud discussions, but early in the morning, most people were pretty considerate. Of course we were awake early to get a head start for the wonderful tours we took. Being right across from the laundry was convenient for checking to see if there were washers/dryers available. Don't wait till the last sea day to wash. Way too many people think they can do that and it is a challenge.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with the self service laundry on the Quest??

How is the send out laundry service on the Quest? Is it possible for you to tell me something about the rates?

Hi Mike,

I mean't to say, we are in cabin 7070, which is probably a few doors down from the laundry. Did you ever send laundry out?? If so, can you use the Elite coupons??

Sorry, I can't help on that, since we never had to send out any laundry.

Archived