Seattle Hotels ?

jnc411

GoBucks04-

If it is the Comfort Suites at 601 Roy Street, you are actually about 4 blocks from the Seattle Center and about 1-2 miles to downtown, but if you like to walk it is a nice and safe walk. The monarail is back up and runny, there was a fire aboard one last September and it was out of commission for awhile. But your hotel is very close to many buses that will take you downtown.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Yes that is the one-Thank you! I have a 5 year old so I doubt he'll walk downtown. I'm sure he'll make the 4 blocks though! Is the monorail easy to figure out and is it right near the needle? Or would buses be easier?ripleysmom-I am going beginning of June and didn't have the minimum stay requirement which is good.

We stayed at the Silver Cloud on Lake Union last summer and loved it! It was reasonably priced, quiet, very clean, and had a fabuolous free breakfast including hot waffles in a nice breakfast area (not just a buffet of coffee and corn flakes set up in the lobby) and free shuttles to anywhere you wanted to go downtown. We also had a nice time walking around the lake, and there are several restaurants there for dinner. I'd absolutley stay at the Silver Cloud again.

The monorail is right inside the Seattle Center, a few steps from the Space Needle. If you have a young child, they would probably enjoy the monorail, it is a little bit rough ride. The buses stop right in front of the EMP and are very easy to use, all of the buses at that stop going south are going to stop downtown. http://transit.metrokc.gov/That is a link to their website.

Glad I could help. If you won't have a car, you can get to the Silver Cloud by using the airport shuttle vans. It's a dollar or two more than the downtown hotels, but just stay on the van and enjoy the trip around town. It's much cheaper than a taxi. The Silver Cloud vans didn't go all the way to the airport.

At the end of your trip, there is a baggage storage area at the pier if you want to stay downtown.

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/terminalspecs.shtml

To Love2cruiseseattle: Saw your post re: your Southern Cruise and that you don't swim. I don't swim either (afraid), but the best excursion I've ever been on was in Barbados--the Catamaran cruise and swim with the Sea Turtles. The cruise was great fun and one of the crew actually took me in the water (with life jacket on) and swam me around with the sea turtles--a little scary but AWESOME!!! The catamaran was the Tiami. We were sailing on the Celebrity Galaxy at the time, but I would guess they may handle the Princess ships as well.

AnnJohn-

Thank you for the suggestion in Barbados, I will keep that excursion in mind :rolleyes:

Both the Lake Union Courtyard and Residence Inn are fairly new properties, within the last 5-10 years. I have never been in either one, but they are Marriott properties, so I am sure they are nice. They are very close to one another on Lake Union which is about 1-2 miles North of downtown. There are restaurants close by and I have heard that the BoneFish is very good, though I have not tried it yet. There is also a place called Julian's which has nice billards and video games (if you have kids), during the day and at night it changes to adults only.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

love2cruiseseattle

Hi, I was wondering if you could help us with a question on transportation to and from the hotel. We'll have to much luggage (as I pack too much to begin with........) plus being four people I don't think a taxi will work. We don't want to take the shuttle bus and drive all over town first as we'll be up real early that day and exhausted from a six hour flight. We were thinking about hiring a limo or is there another service you know of? Also, do you know the name and number of any reliable and reasonable limo companies? Do they have any large vans that will hold four people and a lot of luggage?

Any info you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks again for all your help.

SF

I do not have the number of any limo services, but according to the portseattle website http://www.portseattle.org has the following listed

Taxi Cabs and Limousines

Taxi cabs and limousines meet travelers on the third floor of the Parking Garage. To arrange for a taxi or limo, use one of the curbside phones, Information Boards, or visit the Ground Transportation Center, located on the third floor of the Parking Garage.

Cabs (STITA)

Available on the third floor of the Parking Garage. Sedans, station wagons and large vans are available.

Call (206) 246-9999, or use the curbside phones on Baggage Claim Level.

Limousine (STILA)

Stationed at the Airport, picks up passengers on the third floor of the Parking Garage.

To arrange for a limousine, call (206) 431-5904, use curbside phones, or go to the Ground Transportation Booth, on the third floor of the Parking Garage.

There are also taxi's that are vans. All fares for taxis to and from the airport are set fares, I believe from airport to the city is about $25-30, but pricing is going up before you make it to Seattle.

Hope this helps.

Have a fabulous cruise on the Radiance. Post a message on this thread as to how the Radiance is when you return.

Safe Travels. :cool:

RIDAHOI have never been in the Hyatt, just the Marriott which is a very nice hotel that opened in April 2004. I know they have a small swimming pool and it is located on the waterfront, which cruiseline are you sailing on? It is across the street from the pier that I believe NCL sails out of and about 1-2 miles north of where the other ships sail out of. You would be very close to the Pike Place Market as well as the shopping area, jogging trail and the aquarium. The Hyatt is located in the heart of the shopping district. I think either hotel would be nice, I believe the Hyatt is also new.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any other info.

We have booked the Marriott Waterfront for our pre-cruise in July. We are sailing Celebrity Mercury. We were under the impression that you were within walking distance of the port. Do you know if that is true? Either way, it sounds like a great place to stay!

Becky

BeckyRThere are 2 piers where the ships dock. According to http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/cruiselinesandschedules.shtml

Celebrity is at pier 66 (Bell Street Pier) which is across the street from the Waterfront Marriott. I think you will love this location which is right on the waterfront and a short walk to Pike Place Market and lots of shopping.

Have a great time in Seattle.

Does anyone know where the Silver Cloud on Broadway is located. Is it near downtown or futher out than that. ?Sorry don't know alot about Seattle , was only there for a couple days before. I know where the Silver Cloud Lake Union is , just not sure about the Silver Cloud Broadway. Thank You.

Cori

The Silver Cloud is located about 2 miles from the downtown area. It is close to Seattle University and in an area that is referred to as pill hill (hospitals and doctors offices). It is right on a bus line so it is very easy to get around. If you don't mind doing a little walking and you are getting a good deal, I would go for it. I do know someone that has stayed there and they thought it was a nice hotel.

Here's another question - I really do appreciate all the "advice" you've provided here - nice to "know" a local.

Is there a liquor store anywhere downtown in the Pike Place, Crowne Plaza area where we could pick up a couple of bottles of wine? I hate to bring it from home and we're only looking for a couple bottles to take on board.

Thanks.

Archived