Seattle Hotels ?

jnc411

We live in Seattle and know a limo service we have used multiple times and can recommend highly. The name is Evergreen Town Car Service. For a party of 1 - 4 between the airport and downtown is $44, which includes a 20% gratuity for the driver. We are a family of four with TONS of luggage when we travel and there has never been a problem fitting us into their town cars. The drivers have always been prompt and polite. The dispatcher will answer any of your questions if you call them.

Here is the link to their web site.

http://www.evergreencar.com/index.htm

One other note - Seattle is a very popular destination in the summer and downtown hotels tend to be very full. Plan to make your reservations well in advance to get the best selection.

Enjoy the city!

SeaGal

Thanks for the link to the limo service. I'll give them a call this week. It's probably cheaper to book a limo with the four of us and all the luggage than to look around at the airport. This way I'll know I have transportation from the airport to the hotel and vice versa on our return.

I stayed there probably 10 years ago, when it was the Olympic and it was 5 star hotel. It has recently been taken over by the Fairmont and I am sure it is still top of the line for Seattle hotels. The location is great, central downtown, walking distance to Pioneer Square, shopping, waterfront and Pike Place Market. Quick taxi ride to the cruiseship terminals. I think if you are getting a good deal you won't go wrong by staying at the Fairmont.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

No one has mentioned a hotel that my company uses quite often when we bring business associates into town for meetings - the Mayflower Park Hotel. We have gotten good reports from our managers and they request we book them there. They especially like the location and say the hotel is like a boutique hotel.

Its location is perfect - right downtown attached to Westlake Center, a shopping mall and food court. This is where the monorail goes between downtown and the Seattle Center. It is only several blocks from Pike Place Market. Many restaurants and stores are steps away.

Here is their web site. http://www.mayflowerpark.com/default.asp

Thanks. I notice the lowest rate for the Ramada Inn Downtown is $119 for 2 Queens. Is this reasonable? The lowest rate for 6th Ave. Inn is $121, but I don't think it's two Queens. La Quinta is $107. It might be two Doubles. Should I wait?

The TA we use for work says that the 6th Ave Inn is a okay place to stay, both the Ramada and 6th Ave Inn are in good downtown locations.

I have a couple more questions....

We are staying for one night after our cruise. Are there any hotel shuttles that will pick you up at the dock?

I was also toying with the idea of staying by the airport. Can anyone tell me about the Kent Hawthorn suites by the airport?

• 2 weeks later...

We are coming in 3 days before our cruise. I have a reservation at Silver Cloud on Union Lake ($149./night lake view)and the Comfort Suites downtown($118 the first night and $139 the next two nights). It is our anniversary and my husbands birthday. Which place would be better to stay? Any must dos while this is our first time to Seattle? Any great reasonable priced restaurants?

go to http://www.tripadvisor.com and then to the Seattle forum.They tell you all the good restaurants and hotels,or any other questions that you might have about Seattle.Im going 2 days before my cruise,and this site as been helpful. The Silver Cloud gets great reviews,although its NOT in the downtown area.A lot of ppl use http://www.Seattlepriceline.com and bid on hotels in downtown and surrounding areas. Dot

I'm pretty sure I can get the Red Lion Hotel (downtown--Pike Place) for $129 through Hotwire the night before our cruise to Alaska in July. Has anyone stayed her before? It's listed as a 3.5 * on Hotwire. I've been trying Priceline for a 4* (to guarantee a hotel in Downtown near Pike Place). So far no luck. I think this Hotwire price might be the best rate I can find for the hotel and location. What do you think? :confused:

Hi!

What is your opinion about the Alexis Hotel? I've seen photos online and some of Dale Chuhuly's artwork and I can't say it's my taste, but that's fine as long as the rooms are nice and the bed is comfy. :p I am familiar with the Kimpton Group hotels from my stays in San Francisco and I know they're usually historical boutique hotels. Not cookie-cutter. That said, I hope the Alexis Hotel is well worth the $112 bid I won on Priceline for July 30!:)

I do believe all of the hotels that I listed are nice. I have only been in the Alexis, Edgewater and Waterfront Marriott and they were nice, but can be pricey depending on the time of year.

Also there is a airport shuttle http://graylineseattle.com/airportexpress.cfm that goes from the Seattle airport to many hotels in the downtown area. One way to downtown is about $8.50, taxis are about $25-$30 to downtown.

I have not heard of hotels shuttling people from hotels at the airport to downtown? I would contact the hotels close to the airport to confirm that. If you have not been to Seattle I would say spend a little bit more and stay in downtown, the Seattle Center is about 1-2 miles to the north and is a nice walk, most of the sights you will want to see are walking distance or a quick bus ride as I have said the bus service is great http://transit.metrokc.gov/ here is their web site.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sailaway...Sailaway

The Red Lion Hotel is a located in the heart of the downtown shopping district. It walking distance to the Pike Place Market, waterfront and about 1-2 miles to the Seattle Center. I have only seen the inside of one of the rooms; a friend stayed there and had no complaints. I know a lot of the airline flight attendants and pilots stay there, I see them heading for the airport in the AM. Great price and location.

The Alexis Hotel as you said is in a refurbished historical older building. The company I work for has corporate rates there and many of our customers stay there and I have never heard any complaints. I have seen the different rooms and they are nice for older hotels, the beds look very comfy. The location is also great, about 1 block to the waterfront, 4 blocks to Pike Place Market to the North and Pioneer Square to the South. About 6 blocks to shopping and a short taxi ride to the cruise ship piers. If you are getting this hotel for $112, you are getting a fabulous price.

Let me know if you have any other questions

We are looking at booking the Grand Hyatt for a pre-cruise stay in August... looks nice and it looks as if there is a Cheesecake Factory on the corner of the property.

Does anyone have any info on this hotel? Is there much within walking distance?

We have a Warwick Hotel here in Denver and while it's OK, it's not great. We are looking for a 4-star plus, but not necessarily a boutique hotel, because you never know what you're going to get when booking a boutique...

I also heard good things about the Fairmont Olympic - we will be sailing on HAL, but don't necessarily need to be close to terminal 30, which is where I believe they sail from.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

The Hyatt is a new hotel and is located in the heart of the downtown shopping district, Nike Town, Nordstroms, Macys, Old Navy, etc the list goes on. Lots of great restuarants close by, yes the Cheesecake Factory and Ruth Chris are in the same building. I have never been in this hotel, I have been in the Fairmont Olympic about 10 years ago and it is a very nice hotel, also a great location, in the heart of downtown.

I hope this helps.

ekerr - We stayed at the Hyatt in July, 2002. It was almost brand new, and we got it on Priceline for about $45. I couldn't believe it. The marble bathroom was almost as big as our cabin on the ship! (lol) It is close to shopping. Our taxi to the pier (for HAL) was $5. They don't have free shuttles or breakfast, but it was probably the nicest hotel we've ever had. Some little things I remember were free internet access on the television, remote control curtains, a little light outside the door instead of a do not disturb sign, and a huge tub with a waterfall spigot. just great.

Was wondering if it's worth the extra $40.00 to stay at the Grand Hyatt vs. the Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union. We are only staying one night (pre-cruise) and the Hyatt like a poster above said doesn't have a free shuttle or breakfast and that would add on even more than the difference in the room cost since we're a family of four. We really don't need a full breakfast the next morning as we'll be stuffing our faces all week on the cruise. Is there a coffee shop in the hotel where we can just pick up something for the kids and coffee for us prior to heading to the port? Also, how much would a taxi be to terminal 30 from there? Since we are four people with a fair amnt. of luggage do they have bigger vans as taxi's?

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated. I heard the Hyatt is a really nice hotel.

Archived