Seattle Hotels ?

jnc411

Gosh, I stayed at both. Just my opinion, but if you have kids, then I'd probably stay at the Silver Cloud. Not only does it have the really nice full breafast buffet and the free shuttle; but at the Hyatt you have to tip bell hops, and doormen, and pay $5 for a glass of orange juice.

If it's just one night, then at the Silver Cloud you can check in and take a nice walk or do the kayaks on Lake Union. Downtown, everything pretty much closes at 5 unless you're going to a show. (They might have some evening tours and maybe someone else knows about them). If you do decide to stay downtown, we walked down to the Market to get some pastries and coffee for breakfast and then walked back up (and I do mean UP) the hill to get packed for the taxi ride to the pier. Bottom line - I think the Hyatt would be worth the extra money for just you and your spouse, but add kids to the mix, and I'd save the $ for the cruise excursions. Bon Voyage!

Thanks for your view on both hotels. When I mentioned kids it's really teens (17 and 16). I heard the EMP (Experience Music Project) near the Space Needle area is open until atleast 8PM and we were thinking of spending some time there. Has anyone been there, is it worth it? We don't get in to Seattle until noon and then by the time we get to the hotel there won't be many hours left to really explore but we've been to Seattle before so we don't need to see the major attractions. Besides, we'll have another day upon our return from the cruise.

Not having a full breakfast won't bother us as we usually don't eat much for that meal anyway. We could always pick up some pastries like you did and some coffee from Starbucks would be fine. I just thought staying at the Hyatt being that it's four stars would be nice. When we're in a room for several days we like the "suite" feature since we're four people but for one night we didn't think it would matter much.

Any others who have stayed at both or one of these hotels and can give there views....We appreciate all suggestions. Thanks. :)

I am so stupid - we are booked at Residence Inn at 800 Fairview Ave. North. (I had looked at Homewood Suites.)

Any info on that location or has anyone stayed there that could offer some tips, etc.?

Never stayed at the Residence Inn on Lake Union, but it is close to many restuarants and you are on a bus line that will take you right into downtown Seattle. You could walk, but it is a few miles, but you would be walking in safe locations.

Hope this helps.

Are there any hotels near the NCL pier or anywhere that will allow you to park for the week while you are on your cruise for free? I know near Portland airport they will allow you to park for the week and they will shuttle you to the airport. I'd rather stay in a hotel and arrive a day early, then pay the $96 for parking for a week.

Are there any hotels near the NCL pier or anywhere that will allow you to park for the week while you are on your cruise for free? I know near Portland airport they will allow you to park for the week and they will shuttle you to the airport. I'd rather stay in a hotel and arrive a day early, then pay the $96 for parking for a week.

I am not aware of any hotel that has free parking. I know some of the hotels do have a stay and park package, but I am not sure of the pricing. Last year the NCL ships docked at the Bell Street Pier which is across the street from The Seattle Waterfront Marriott and a 15 minute walk along the waterfront from The Alexis Hotel. I would check with a TA to see if they know of any parking deals.

Good Luck.

ekerr - We stayed at the Hyatt in July, 2002. It was almost brand new, and we got it on Priceline for about $45. I couldn't believe it. The marble bathroom was almost as big as our cabin on the ship! (lol) It is close to shopping. Our taxi to the pier (for HAL) was $5. They don't have free shuttles or breakfast, but it was probably the nicest hotel we've ever had. Some little things I remember were free internet access on the television, remote control curtains, a little light outside the door instead of a do not disturb sign, and a huge tub with a waterfall spigot. just great.

Works for me - we booked it! I am partial to Hyatt properties in general and once the kids heard about the Cheescake Factory (which is their favorite) we were sold.

If it's going to be just a night we can probably get by with less, but we are going three days "pre-cruise" and I want something nice... sure it's pricey, but seems worth it.

I am one of those who hated AmeriSuites on 17th St. in FLL, so give me a few amenities anyday - even if I have to pay for them. :)

Thanks everyone!

Archived