Equinox - do they provide laundry rooms & specifically, irons?

claiream3

Hi, cruising Equinox 2nd September from Barcelona. On my previous cruises (QM2 & P&O Ventura) a complimentary laundry room has been available on each cabin deck. Having read recent reviews about the Equinox (of which I am very excited to be going on) somebody has mentionned that no irons are provided due to safety reasons. However they did not state if this was in the cabin (no irons in cabins on previous cruises so I dont expect an iron in the cabin [we're a standard inside]) or in the laundry room? Or is there no laundry rooms at all?

These irons and laundry rooms have served me very very well on previous cruises so am I to expect no facility like this on the Equinox?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Claire

Hi, cruising Equinox 2nd September from Barcelona. On my previous cruises (QM2 & P&O Ventura) a complimentary laundry room has been available on each cabin deck. Having read recent reviews about the Equinox (of which I am very excited to be going on) somebody has mentionned that no irons are provided due to safety reasons. However they did not state if this was in the cabin (no irons in cabins on previous cruises so I dont expect an iron in the cabin [we're a standard inside]) or in the laundry room? Or is there no laundry rooms at all?

These irons and laundry rooms have served me very very well on previous cruises so am I to expect no facility like this on the Equinox?

Claire

No laundry rooms fleetwide on Celebrity, irons and steamers are forbidden. Here is a link to the laundry room prices.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000og1GxExkwwETXpbi2OASVLi:12h3rnd1c?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Claire

Since you specifically mention irons...as others said, Equinox has no laundry facilities. That was a first for us, too, but one we ended up liking. We did 5 days in Rome pre/post the 10 day cruise, so we were concerned about the laundry issue. It worked out fine.

re: the irons (or lack of), in case you're not familiar with it, take some Downy Wrinkle Release. Comes in a spray bottle/can. You spray it on clothes, smooth with your hands and the wrinkles come right out. It even works on linen, is you are patient. Works great. We washed out underthings...and sent a few things to the laundry for dry cleaning. We thought prices were reasonable. In reality, we only had two sea days out of 10, and the rest of the days we were in port and returning late to the ship. No time or desire to do laundry on port days and didn't want to waste the two precious sea days with laundry.

We loved Equinox...bet you will, too! Wonderful ship. The best of 13 previous cruises!

• 6 years later...

I was concerned on our first cruise with no laundry facilities but LOVED IT!. When we did a Med cruise with a night in New York, 2 nights in Rome pre-cruise and another night post cruise, we were worried and it worked out just fine...and I didn't miss any of my vacation time doing laundry. I sent out the wash 'n fold bag for things that weren't delicate and didn't shrink and washed a couple of items out in the sink and we were never in dirty clothes and the Wrinkle Release works great. We steamed a few things in the bathroom and that worked too.