Maternity Cruisewear - Has anyone cruised while pregnant?

Hi there, I just found out I'm pregnant! :eek: Big surprise but hubby and I are thrilled. My husband has a daughter from his first marriage but this will be my first pregnancy so this is all new for me.

Have any of you cruised while pregnant and do you have any tips for maternity cruisewear? I have no idea how fast I'll gain weight or anything. My weight varies from about 120 to 125 now so I'm guessing in the first 4 or 5 months I'll go up maybe 1 or 2 sizes? Does that sound right? Or will I wear my regular size and the maternity wear accommodates for it? The more I think this through I'm guessing I just need to go into a clothing shop and talk to someone. But any tips are appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance,

Francie

Congratulations! I don't think anyone can predict where and how you will gain weight/expand. If you are purchasing maternity clothes, you usually just buy your regular size, unless of course, you went crazy with the Oreos. Repeat to yourself, "I won't be pregnant forever, and this weight is going to have to come off. Easy to put on, hard to get off" :).

Congratulations! I don't think anyone can predict where and how you will gain weight/expand. If you are purchasing maternity clothes, you usually just buy your regular size, unless of course, you went crazy with the Oreos. Repeat to yourself, "I won't be pregnant forever, and this weight is going to have to come off. Easy to put on, hard to get off" :).

Thanks! No, I don't eat Oreos, so I'll be safe from that. My diet is pretty healthy now and I'll be even more careful now that I'm eating for my baby!! My baby !!!! Love the sound of that. :)

Congrats! Hope you're feeling good, you should wear the same size in maternity wear as in regular, lots of women don't even need the maternity clothes till the last 3 months or so. Of course in my case, at 5'3" I didn't gain a ton of weight, but still managed to produce monstro baby(I mean that lovingly) she weighed almost 10 lbs, I swear people literaly dove out of the way when they saw me (well, my stomach) coming!

I remember crying to the doctor (when I was preg. with my first one) that I wasn't showing yet and nobody believed I was pegnant. He just laughed and explained that everyone is different and that alot of younger moms and first timers don't show as quick becasue if you still have really good muscle tone you won't show as quickly. I was 22 at the time and I was 6 months before any one could tell by looking that I was with child. Unfortunatly months 6 - 9 made up for it :eek:. It took me a year of takeing him for afternoon walks to lose the weight. Now it seems like that was a life time ago as he will be 21 in a few weeks.

Congratulations and enjoy every SECOND of both being pregnant and haveing a baby. Enjoy every sleepless moment becasue they grow up in the blink of an eye.

Luckily now days they have gorgeous maternity clothes. Unlike days gone by when every thing had big bows and teddy bears on it. Even some upscale second hand stores have nice maternity clothes and since you'll only wear them for a short while it's a good place to start.

Congratulations!

To answer the question re: maternity cruise wear - even if you can make do with flowy tops/one size up for a few months, if you do need actual maternity clothes and your cruise is to somewhere warm, I would definitely take advantage of current sales/clearance since most stores (not just maternity) are getting rid of their summer stuff for warmer clothing. If you're not going somewhere warm (eg. Not Alaska or Canada/NE in the fall) than that doesn't matter.

Also, forever 21 has a new maternity line and store like h&m and target along w/ the usual dedicated maternity stores have very fashionable clothing. Old navy and gap and h&m have scaled back their selections - although I don't know how much they carried in the past.

Congrats! Hope you're feeling good, you should wear the same size in maternity wear as in regular, lots of women don't even need the maternity clothes till the last 3 months or so. Of course in my case, at 5'3" I didn't gain a ton of weight, but still managed to produce monstro baby(I mean that lovingly) she weighed almost 10 lbs, I swear people literaly dove out of the way when they saw me (well, my stomach) coming!

Thanks Cruise Kitty!! It's good to know I won't have to worry about new clothes until late in the pregnancy. So I probably won't even need any summer clothes, just winter. Thanks again!

I remember crying to the doctor (when I was preg. with my first one) that I wasn't showing yet and nobody believed I was pegnant. He just laughed and explained that everyone is different and that alot of younger moms and first timers don't show as quick becasue if you still have really good muscle tone you won't show as quickly. I was 22 at the time and I was 6 months before any one could tell by looking that I was with child. Unfortunatly months 6 - 9 made up for it :eek:. It took me a year of takeing him for afternoon walks to lose the weight. Now it seems like that was a life time ago as he will be 21 in a few weeks.

Congratulations and enjoy every SECOND of both being pregnant and haveing a baby. Enjoy every sleepless moment becasue they grow up in the blink of an eye.

Luckily now days they have gorgeous maternity clothes. Unlike days gone by when every thing had big bows and teddy bears on it. Even some upscale second hand stores have nice maternity clothes and since you'll only wear them for a short while it's a good place to start.

Thanks Toxicfairy!!! I'm so excited!! Everyone says the same thing to me, slow down and enjoy every moment because they will grow up so fast.

Congratulations!

To answer the question re: maternity cruise wear - even if you can make do with flowy tops/one size up for a few months, if you do need actual maternity clothes and your cruise is to somewhere warm, I would definitely take advantage of current sales/clearance since most stores (not just maternity) are getting rid of their summer stuff for warmer clothing. If you're not going somewhere warm (eg. Not Alaska or Canada/NE in the fall) than that doesn't matter.

Also, forever 21 has a new maternity line and store like h&m and target along w/ the usual dedicated maternity stores have very fashionable clothing. Old navy and gap and h&m have scaled back their selections - although I don't know how much they carried in the past.

Thanks Mobow07! I hadn't even thought about all the regular stores that have maternity wear. I have stopped and lingered in the kids clothes but have walked by maternity w/o thinking about that part! And thanks for the tip about sales going on now, great idea!

I ballooned when pregnant with my first...went from a 2 to a 10....and kept that weight/mass until almost my 2nd pregnancy, when I finally lost it! (Although, everything was "redistributed!")

Every person is different...and so is every pregnancy!

Archived