Soda card for one person

Belease

I wondered whether there was any reason why two people on a cruise couldn't buy an unlimited soda sticker for one card and then share it? Other than the obvious problem of not being able to buy two drinks with it at the same time, is there another reason? I'm just thinking of getting a ultimate kids package for one person and a plain soda card for the other, as I don't think either of us will make full use of the UKP! Are you required to get the same as your cabinmate or something? Do other people do this, or would that just be super cheap of us? :D

The reason is called ethics.

The unlimited soda sticker is intended for the use of one person...that's why it is unlimited.

That's how the soda sticker is different from the coffee card. The coffee card is for so many set punches, so it doesn't matter how many people use it since it is for a set number. That is different for the soda card, which is per person, and not a set limited number of drinks.

If people keep using one soda card for 2 people the result will be that the cost of the card will go up, thus making it more expensive for all, due to the abuse by a few.

Cheap...I agree with the previous poster...it would be dishonest and unethical. You may get away with it, but what does that teach the kids...you can do something dishonest, and if you get away with it then its okay...(NOT).

Well, I'll make sure not to do that, then! I just wondered whether they ever checked up on these things because I'm sure people must do it. You only save a few dollars a day by having one person have a kids package and one a soda card so I don't think it would be worth it in the long run. I wonder if they keep tabs on how many you drink and then cross reference it with whether you're sharing with someone in your cabin who has or hasn't got a package like this? Seems like it would be a lot of trouble, but then I know they need to make money from extra sales like this!

Frankly, saving the few bucks just isn't worth the stress. After all, this is supposed to be your vacation, a time to relax.

Not to mention what you are modeling for the kids.

I agree, I didn't think I would do this to begin with but now I'm sure I won't. But I don't have kids, and I certainly wouldn't do this if I would. It's one thing to do it yourself, but blimey, something else to get your kids to do it!

Although many people on CC disagree with the practice there are more people than you can imagine that do exactly that. Princess already realizes that there are a certain percentage of people who share 1 card as is evident by the price they charge. Just be a little discreet after you order the drink & you'll be fine.

With the Ultimate card (well, sticker) they often do use it to record a receipt. It's not that you are going to get charged for your drink, they are just trying to track what is being used/bought type thing. For example, when we ordered mocktails in the buffet area, the server took our card and brought it back to us with the drink. We signed the slip and that was it.

And, yes, you can buy a different card then your cabin mate.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I am sure there are people who do. Now, if its one soda over a 14 day cruise, do I see a problem sending the kid up there to get one for dad? No, not so much. But as a regular practice, no, not at all..

I have never purchased a soda card for myself but have for my daughter and have never used her card. Sometimes if she didnt finish her soda I might of had a sip of it but that is all.

hi guys

So do all princess cruises sell soda cards? I'm going on my maiden cruise in september, and when I called customer services to enquire whether they had any 'all inclusive' drinks deals I was told no. Maybe that was because I gave specific mention to alcohol.

So how much would a soda card cost for a 12 day cruise? I'm thinking it might be a worthwhile purchase if the price isn't over-inflated....

Thanks!

Although many people on CC disagree with the practice there are more people than you can imagine that do exactly that. Princess already realizes that there are a certain percentage of people who share 1 card as is evident by the price they charge. Just be a little discreet after you order the drink & you'll be fine.
The reason it's inflated, and continues to go up, is that there are so many people who are cheap/dishonest and "get away" with it.

I believe the cost is $4.25/day plus 15% service charge. It used to be a bargain but I don't think that's the case any more. You'd have to drink an average of three cans a day to break even. Yes, the soda card is available on all Princess ship's.

The reason it's inflated, and continues to go up, is that there are so many people who are cheap/dishonest and "get away" with it.

I believe the cost is $4.25/day plus 15% service charge. It used to be a bargain but I don't think that's the case any more. You'd have to drink an average of three cans a day to break even. Yes, the soda card is available on all Princess ship's.

There's no argument from me but when they charge $35 for a 7 day cruise per person they're only inviting people to circumvent their exorbitant prices & only purchase 1 card per family. They should actually include soft drinks with the basic cruise price considering what they pay for it.

There's no argument from me but when they charge $35 for a 7 day cruise per person they're only inviting people to circumvent their exorbitant prices & only purchase 1 card per family. They should actually include soft drinks with the basic cruise price considering what they pay for it.
They should probably include everything with the cost of the cruise but then you'd pay a heck of a lot more. Many people don't drink soda, or get a coffee card, or even drink liquor. Most dont go to the spa or get their hair done either. That's why these costs are optional. Hence, the soda card.

FYI, go to any restaurant and get three sodas a day for seven days and total that up. Chances are that the soda card would look like a bargain in comparison.

There is free ice tea and lemonade in the Horizon court. If you think the soda card is expensive, then why not buy a case or two of soda of your choice, and/or bottled water and stick a luggage tag on it and have it delivered to your cabin (In Fort Lauderdale and Seattle there are supermarkets nearby and if you drive to the port and park it is even easier.) You can also do the same thing with wine.

When on a cruise I rarely drink soda and the card does not make sense for me. Please don't raise the costs for others and myself by abusing the soda card.

hi guys

So do all princess cruises sell soda cards? I'm going on my maiden cruise in september, and when I called customer services to enquire whether they had any 'all inclusive' drinks deals I was told no. Maybe that was because I gave specific mention to alcohol.

So how much would a soda card cost for a 12 day cruise? I'm thinking it might be a worthwhile purchase if the price isn't over-inflated....

Thanks!

I believe the cost is $4.25 a day plus 15% tip...so for a 12 day cruise that's a little less than $60. It's worth it if you drink much soda. I always get the soda sticker...it's worth it to me.

I am a huge diet coke drinker so this is near and dear to my heart. I do not get the soda card even though I'm addicted to DC. First of all, I only drink soda from a can. The soda card only gives you soda from the fountain mix which never tastes the same to me. I try to buy at least a 12 pack and bring it on the ship. There is usually a 7-11 or something near the pier or hotel. If not, I will buy a few cans to get me to the 1st port and just get it in port. Coke/Diet coke is an international brand - it's all over!

Thanks for the replies. Just to give me an idea of prices on board the ship, would someone be kind enough to give me the approximate price of (1) a class of coke (2) a pint/bottle of regular beer (3) a spirit & mixer

Having not been on a cruise before, it's quite hard to know what to budget for drinks, so this info would certainly assist me!

Thanks!

Lee

Thanks for the replies. Just to give me an idea of prices on board the ship, would someone be kind enough to give me the approximate price of (1) a class of coke (2) a pint/bottle of regular beer (3) a spirit & mixer

Having not been on a cruise before, it's quite hard to know what to budget for drinks, so this info would certainly assist me!

Thanks!

Lee

Cokes (sodas) are $1.95 plus 15% grat.

$4-$6 beer

$4-$6 for alcoholic drinks.

what if my wife is lounging by the pool, in the room or whereever and asks me to get her a soda. Can i grab her card and grab one for her.

We are gonna get one unlimited card for her, but not for myself. (I dont drink coke as much - unless its mixed in with some goodies :) - its all about the coffee for me! :)

Cokes (sodas) are $1.95 plus 15% grat.

$4-$6 beer

$4-$6 for alcoholic drinks.

Thanks!

I've just had a search on the princess website and i can't find any mention of the soda deal. Perhaps they don't like to advertise it too much as they stand to make more money by selling soft drinks as and when?

Of course, if I'm just being blind and someone knows of a link, that'd be great!

what if my wife is lounging by the pool, in the room or whereever and asks me to get her a soda. Can i grab her card and grab one for her.

We are gonna get one unlimited card for her, but not for myself. (I dont drink coke as much - unless its mixed in with some goodies :) - its all about the coffee for me! :)

Yes.

Archived