Soda card for one person

Belease

I really think that the price of a soda card should be the same price for everyone.
Thank goodness, it is. The thought that it should be per cabin was not a good idea, particularly if you are single in a cabin. Those of us who cruise single get **** with a 200% premium to start with; adding double-cost for a soda card would be just plain wrong (although I'm sure people cruising with four to a cabin would think it's a great idea.)

Personally, I think the Ultimate Beverage Card should be added to the Elite perks.

I don't know that I use it enough to get my "money's worth". I bought the Ultimate Card for my grandson that last two cruises. In the colder weather (coastal to Vancouver) he used it a lot for hot cocoa and he does loves his juice. Not so much cocoa in the Caribbean but lots of juice, but to be honest, I don't buy it totally for the value, I buy it for the convenience of being able to walk by any bar on the ship and get myself a coke if I'm in the mood. Years ago, long before soda cards, I used to lug pop on board for my kids and us because of the cost of buying on board was just too much. I guess I just remember the hassle and think the value is in the convenience, not the product.

We just buy the occassional can of soda...and split it..on our lst 10 day cruise, we purchased 3 cans of soda total for the 2 of us.

Frankly, everyone is so busy, that slurping soda isn't in the front of your mind like it may be at home!

Placing self-serve soda dispensers in the HC (like they are in McD or other fast food venues) may work but the loss in revenue would mean some other prices would need to be raised. And of course the calorie count for many cruisers would go up with "free" soda. Making "Soda Cards" card complimentary (say even for Elites) will be a burden on the bartenders and pax wanting a drink at the bar.

Thanks. It sounds like a hugh savings for me. Debbie

It is a big savings if you drink alot of the included sodas. A serving of Coke, etc is $1.95 plus tip. So if you drink more than 2 fountain sodas a day, the soda card is a good investment. Two sodas or less a day and it is cheaper to pay as you go.

Archived