Princess Syrup Coffee

hughdm

What do you think about the syrup coffee?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the syrup coffee?

• Hate it
    • Tolerate it. Won't walk too far to avoid it.
    • Don't mind it, or can't really tell the difference.

It works for me. But I dislike the stuff at Starbucks, which I think tastes burnt. I'd rather have Princess coffee anyday.

Interesting point. I too, don't care for Starbucks (will drink it if its the only thing available, but even then, I'll drink a soda first) and have no issue with the Princess coffee. I also notice that the people most adamant about not liking the regular coffee say they use VIA packets. I wonder if there is a connection?

It works for me. But I dislike the stuff at Starbucks, which I think tastes burnt. I'd rather have Princess coffee anyday.
Same for me. I've tried Starbucks several times and had to throw it out every time. A waste of money (for me.)

Lincoln, huh? My daughter taught in Littleton for ten years before moving here to SoCal last year. To me Lincoln and that region is god's country. Gorgeous.

It's terrible stuff, hate it! And we've tried the brewed, the dining room, the espresso, all of it, it's all awful!! I drink it with sugar, DH drinks it black. We always bring a 4 cup Mr. Coffee with us for our morning cup. Haven't had it taken away yet, thank you Princess.:) But now we are going on Celebrity and I hear tell that they will take electrical appliances away. :mad: So, I am getting an AeroPress coffee maker, it's like a french press but a little fancier. Just have to order hot water in the morning. Should work out okay. FYI, Celebrity coffee isn't alot better than Princess, it's the same syrup stuff.

It's terrible stuff, hate it! And we've tried the brewed, the dining room, the espresso, all of it, it's all awful!! I drink it with sugar, DH drinks it black. We always bring a 4 cup Mr. Coffee with us for our morning cup. Haven't had it taken away yet, thank you Princess.:) But now we are going on Celebrity and I hear tell that they will take electrical appliances away. :mad: So, I am getting an AeroPress coffee maker, it's like a french press but a little fancier. Just have to order hot water in the morning. Should work out okay. FYI, Celebrity coffee isn't alot better than Princess, it's the same syrup stuff.

We used the aeropress on our Celebrity Cruise. We asked our room steward to have a couple of pots of hot water delivered to our room first thing every morning and it was always there on time and hot. It worked very well.

We actually use the AeroPress at home and work instead of a french press now. The coffee tastes better from the AeroPress.

Kind of a skewed poll, there is no response for "I like it". :rolleyes:
I guess I figured nobody would really say they prefer syrup coffee. I figured the ultimate compliment to it would be "can't tell the difference" although I guess that could be a testament to the palate and not the coffee. Sorry about that!

I guess I figured nobody would really say they prefer syrup coffee. I figured the ultimate compliment to it would be "can't tell the difference" although I guess that could be a testament to the palate and not the coffee. Sorry about that!

I did not say I prefer it but I do like it.

More then tolerate. ;)

Not so bad...it comes from coffee after all...and with

some 1/2 & 1/2...it does the job.

I bought coffee card for those times when I am near the IC.

BTW, once, I had some brewed coffee at the IC that was way to strong.

A poll should never "assume" an answer based on the creator's opinion. That renders it useless because it's not offering opposing options. :( As for a testament to the palate, that is a subjective opinion.

A poll should never "assume" an answer based on the creator's opinion. That renders it useless because it's not offering opposing options. :( As for a testament to the palate, that is a subjective opinion.
Sorry. It's my first one. I almost didn't do it, because I'm a "junior" compared to many of you. I was genuinely curious, didn't see a poll on this after searching, and really was not trying to skew the results.

Sorry. It's my first one. I almost didn't do it, because I'm a "junior" compared to many of you. I was genuinely curious, didn't see a poll on this after searching, and really was not trying to skew the results.
Don't feel badly. I didn't mean to do that. You're in good company; seems to me that half the so-called "polls" on the web, even those on major websites, are poorly done and designed to return a result in line with the author's opinion. I take poll results with a big grain of salt.

I am a big coffee drinker and I can drink pretty much anything except Starbucks. I would switch to tea or I would bring instant coffee if Princess started serving that stuff. Is the regular brewed coffee in the IC like Starbucks? I have never tried it because whenever I am in that area I am usually drinking a cocktail.

The dining room coffee is fantastic :) however the coffee on the horizon court is CRAP!! Princess needs to take note of customer dissatisfaction! Cut out some of the fatty pastries in favour of better coffee!

I voted "Don't mind it". I actually really don't like the taste of coffee...any coffee, but I absolutely LOVE the stuff that goes in it along with the coffee taste, lol. So usually any coffee will do. I sometimes like stronger coffee with my "stuff" and sometimes weaker. :D

I usually buy the coffee card for the lattes...I sometimes drink a cup in the MDR or HC if I'm cold and want something hot, but again, I put in cream and sugar, so don't need the good stuff.

Even with an overabundance of cream and sugar, it's still awful. It ranks close to the top of my "worst coffee experiences".

It is second only to Hardees drive thru - which definitely takes #1. :D

Interesting point. I too, don't care for Starbucks (will drink it if its the only thing available, but even then, I'll drink a soda first) and have no issue with the Princess coffee. I also notice that the people most adamant about not liking the regular coffee say they use VIA packets. I wonder if there is a connection?

Add a vote for Starbucks being undrinkable.

The coffee on Princess was fine, I was expecting it to be bad based on the comments on CC but I thoughts it was as good as any restaurant coffee on land. I especially like the room service delivered pot each morning with breakfast.

Archived