A VIP perk Carnival doesn't have that would be nice

ManyMore

That's what I thought but I stood waiting for my turn while another passenger was literally laid out across the Conceir desk while, I assume, a friend beside her talked with the Carnivl rep. at the other desk.

I would like to see better benefits for Milestone guests. The 25% onboard credit for our 25th cruise was nice but now nothing better until our 50th cruise. The gifts need to be changed more often. I have so many bags, silver thermoses, and picture frames. We have three in our family and two of us milestone and 12yo will be milestone on Thanksgiving cruise. Still waiting for the swap shop site to unload some of this stuff.

My 10th cruise is next week, so I will get to experience the platinum level for the first time then. What exactly is the laundry thing? Is it just one bag or can I do that multiple times all week? Do they know I am platinum or do i have to tell the laundry people or the room steward that?

Also, you get a free entry to the blackjack tournament- has anyone here taken advantage of that?

I agree about the canapes. The stationary is useless.

Like the free admission to blackjack tourney. Also nice that we get the early dining that we prefer and do not have to wait for a tender.

Would like to see a special lunch or breakfast with senior officers. Also would cost them nothing.

50% of the people on the ship may be newbies but they know the platinums keep coming back so we are valuable customers for them.

If they will not give us anything more, a section of seating at the past guest party would be nice.....maybe our own server. Last cruise, there were so many past guests, we couldn't even get a seat. They should have a separate party for Platinum guests.

My 10th cruise is next week, so I will get to experience the platinum level for the first time then. What exactly is the laundry thing? Is it just one bag or can I do that multiple times all week? Do they know I am platinum or do i have to tell the laundry people or the room steward that?

Also, you get a free entry to the blackjack tournament- has anyone here taken advantage of that?

It is a free entry into the blackjack tournament OR the slot tournament. On a 7 day cruise, there are usually 2 slot tournaments although you only get 1 entry per cruise so you have to pay for the second. We always use ours for the slot tournament.

They have been talking about changing it for years, but we have yet to see it. The person "working on it" all these years, probably died of old age. In 2006 when we went on our second cruise, we asked about the Platinum and what it took. It was Feb 2006, we were given a list with the verbal disclaimer "This is the current system but it is being changed and it will be announced shortly. The benefits and requirements will all be different"

In Feb it was be 4 years since we were told that. I think we can safely assume, there are no changes actually coming....;)....they are just in perpetual updating....sort of like better, cassette tape players:confused:

They have been talking about changing it for years, but we have yet to see it. The person "working on it" all these years, probably died of old age. In 2006 when we went on our second cruise, we asked about the Platinum and what it took. It was Feb 2006, we were given a list with the verbal disclaimer "This is the current system but it is being changed and it will be announced shortly. The benefits and requirements will all be different"

In Feb it was be 4 years since we were told that. I think we can safely assume, there are no changes actually coming....;)....they are just in perpetual updating....sort of like better, cassette tape players:confused:

For years I have been talking to guest relations(care), commenting on comment cards, and writing to carnival about making some better benefits for platinum and milestone. We do enjoy the black jack or slot tournament and getting our laundry done free. Instead of having the canapes and petit four we would like free drinks or free photo coupons. You can use these.:D

and two robes....

Thanks for checking!

You don't get robes on Royal until your 5th cruise, or something like that.

Repeat customers are nice, but not essential - they don't grow the business. The only way to grow the biz is to attract new customers.

Why should Carnival spend a dime on loyalty programs? That only leads to snobbery and complaints, it seems.

Never had a watered down drink at any of the Past Guest parties on any of the ships here on the West coast. In fact, the Manhattan I got at a PG party on the Paradise in May was in no way watered down. In fact, I think they forgot the mixer totally and gave me straight whiskey.

I used to order Manhattan's and couldn't understand why I got blitzed, but there is no mixer in a Manhattan. It's all booze, lol.

I want to say that on Dream, we only got one bag of laundry for the week. I had read on CC that was only on one special cruise, but I wasn't on that one. I am hoping that on Miracle we will be able to send out more laundry.

As far as the blackjack tourney, sorry I can't answer, but I did get a free slots entry as I only do slots.

[They can keep the canapes (usually dried out by the time I return to my cabin) and the cheap aluminum picture frame. :)[/color]

I know we all don't like the picture frames and I do wish the "gifts" were changed more frequently, but many people b----ed about the same thing on Royal Caribbean and they decided to not give anything to past guests. Please don't suggest the Carnival do the same.

Also, we happen to like the canapés.

I like the suggestions for different Platinum perks and there should be more/different perks for Milestone between 25 and 50 and 75 etc. Seems like the same perks for 26, 40, 87, etc as Platinum isn't right.

I think adding free pressing would be good for Platinum or at least Milestone.

We did get a couple of e-mail surveys a few months ago asking about our preferences for new/different Platinum perks. Maybe something will happen - eventually.

Carnival is my favorite cruise line and I would imagine will remain that way but... why does Carnival call it Concierge Club at the Guest Services desk and the totes they used to give out... when there is no Concierge person? I don't hold much for NCL but for sure their VIP perks are better and they do have a Concierge person. I think it would be nice to actually have a concierge for the concierge club lol

I don't care about concierge service since I'm a self planner, but I would like exclusive Platinum pricing.

I wish Carnival would go back to the thermos' for the gift. I only got one and then they switched to picture frames. I have so many of them, I just give them away. My one thermos is getting a little worn at the lid.

I used to order Manhattan's and couldn't understand why I got blitzed, but there is no mixer in a Manhattan. It's all booze, lol.

Manhattan (from Here's How Mixed Drinks c. 1941)

1/2 Rye Whiskey (1oz)

1/2 Vermouth (1oz)

1 Dash Orange Bitters

Stir well w/ Ice. Strain into Cocktail Glass. Serve w/Maraschino Cherry

I didn't taste any Vermouth (which is a "fortified wine aperitif, infused, macerated or distilled with herbs, spices, alcohol and a blend of other ingredients"), or Bitters (which is a "bitter or bittersweet spirit produced from a blend of herbs, roots and plants").

I had my mom try it because she used to drink them and she agreed that it was straight whiskey with one very drunk maraschino cherry.:D

Basically, put your clothes in the laundry bag provided (I roll my clothes to get the most that I can get in there) and make sure that you mark on the bag that you are Platinum. Try to get it to your steward by 9a.m. to get it back the same day. I had a steward on the Spirit that asked us everyday for our laundry. I think if we didn't give him any laundry, he was going to find our dirty clothes and take them.

If there are a lot of Platinum guests on the ship, then Carnival tries to limit 1 laundry per Platinum guest for the cruise. In theory, you can have your laundry done every day.

I don't know do the BJ tourney, but I do the slot tourney every time. Just go to the cashier and tell them that you are Platinum and that you want to enter the Tourney. They will cross your name off a list and give you an entry card for the Tourney.

I was talking to Carnival yesterday and was told there new things going to happen to their past guest program.

The information will be released later this year. :rolleyes:

A perk they don’t have I think would be nice would be reserved deck chairs. :cool:

I don’t know how it would be handled.

But the question is something I would like to see. :)

Repeat customers are nice, but not essential - they don't grow the business. The only way to grow the biz is to attract new customers.

Why should Carnival spend a dime on loyalty programs? That only leads to snobbery and complaints, it seems.

Repeat customers encourage newbies to cruise. I am not platinum, but I tell every one who will listen about the virtues of cruising and specifically CCL (they are the only line I have tried as of yet). Keeping loyal custmers happy keeps them from jumping ship (pun intended) and cruising another line. Let's face it, most of us are addicted to cruising and will go with the best deal and service within our budget.

I understand your comments about the perceived snobbery, and some suggestions are a little over the top, but when I reach 10 cruises I would like nice benefits too.:)

I like the extra perks from both Royal and CCL for being a frequent cruiser. I don't like/use the things that visibly put me ahead or in a chair specifically reserved for that status. It's a little arrogant.

I like the coupon books from RCCL that offer discounts and suggest enhancing them based on number of cruises.

Things I like are behind the scenes tours, a discussion based party with the captain or senior officer, reduced internet rates, a 10% discount for onboard purchases or cabins dedicated to level of cruise status, etc. The priority boarding feature is really nice, but we often cruise with another family that is not in priority status, so our embarkation photos, shore excursion purchases, early exploration of the ship and other perks are not worth leaving our friends. Last time we cruised from Galveston the staff waived them in our line. I didn't see lasting scars on those that had to wait a little longer.

Alcohol and cocktail parties are not my thing, so I've seen my last DVD showing of the fleet of funnel ships and cheering with the crowd when the one we are sailing comes up. Take my tickets to the past guest party...

Hotels that offer discreet concierge access to lounges with sodas, computers, snacks, etc. are a nice touch for travel. The challenge is so much is abused on RCCL the host of that lounge is often abused when someone brings in a parade of guests.

In fair balance, nothing is "free" on a cruise. Discounts for one passenger are paid by charges to another. I do like being rewarded for my purchases, but don't get a charge out of flaunting it in front of fellow passengers.

I like the extra perks from both Royal and CCL for being a frequent cruiser. I don't like/use the things that visibly put me ahead or in a chair specifically reserved for that status. It's a little arrogant.

I like the coupon books from RCCL that offer discounts and suggest enhancing them based on number of cruises.

Things like behind the scenes tours, a discussion based party with the captain or senior officer, reduced internet rates, a 10% discount for onboard purchases, cabins dedicated to level of cruise status, etc.

Alcohol and cocktail parties are not my thing, so I've seen my last DVD showing of the fleet of funnel ships and cheering with the crowd when the one we are sailing comes up. Take my tickets to the past guest party...

Hotels that offer discreet concierge access to lounges with sodas, computers, snacks, etc. are a nice touch for travel. The challenge is so much is abused on RCCL the host of that lounge is often abused when someone brings in a parade of guests.

In fair balance, nothing is "free" on a cruise. Discounts for one passenger are paid by charges to another. I do like being rewarded for my purchases, but don't get a charge out of flaunting it in front of fellow passengers.

Your post is a great example of why they (Carnival) should overhaul the program. What you think is right and most meaningful, might not apply to me, but we both appreciate "the concept". They have been promising this "update" for two years now, hopefully it will happen soon and when it does it will be like a menu approach, where you can pick those perks you like and I can do the same for what I like.

We do the blackjack tourney.

Get one free admission for me and one for DW.

She generally does not play so I get two.

Last time we got there a little late and they had nobody waiting to play so she had to play.

I told her what to do and she got into finals. Than we came in second and at least I got a T Shirt out of the deal.

Nice perk.

Repeat customers encourage newbies to cruise.

Exactly. Case in point. Some dear friends of mine had only cruised Disney. A few years ago, they wanted to try something different and wanted to cruise out of Miami. I recommended RCI's Navigator of the Seas. Their other choice was a Carnival ship - possibly Valor - I don't remember. They went on the NOS and have only cruised RCI since.

Robes are automatic after 5 cruise credits, not 5 cruises. However, most people who are not in suites or who don't have 5 credits have had success requesting robes from their room attendents.

As for the repeat customers not being essential, I whole heartedly disagree with you.

Your post is a great example of why they (Carnival) should overhaul the program. What you think is right and most meaningful, might not apply to me, but we both appreciate "the concept". They have been promising this "update" for two years now, hopefully it will happen soon and when it does it will be like a menu approach, where you can pick those perks you like and I can do the same for what I like.

I agree with the menu approach so you can pick the perks you like. They could even have it like a points system where you accrue points and could save up for something.

I disagree with those who say Carnival only needs to work on attracting new customers. Loyalty is hugely important for most companies including Carnival. No company wants a high customer churn rate.

Concierge lounge begins with your 25th cruise on RCCL...... who wants to cruise with a bunch of drunk snobs?

The Concierge Lounge is for suites, regardless of how many cruises you have. Diamond plus (24 credits) get complimentary access as a perk. At 10 credits, you get access to the Diamond Lounge, which is the same thing, and also has free drinks and free 24 hr capuccino machine. On older ships that don't have a Diamond Lounge, there is a happy hour every evening in one of the lounges. Beer, wine, and sodas are free. Mixed drinks are 25% off.

These are really good perks, and I really think Carnival cruisers would not consider this snobbish if Carnival were to offer it.

Archived