Check your final payment due dates

dzcruisers

This is very interesting, since I transferred our December 4, Constellation cruise, for a Dec. 17 Christmas cruise; and, the final payment date for the former was September 25, whereas that date for the latter is September 13. However, this may be due to the fact that the latter is a holiday cruise.

[quote name='jackdiamond']This is very interesting, since I transferred our December 4, Constellation cruise, for a Dec. 17 Christmas cruise; and, the final payment date for the former was September 25, whereas that date for the latter is September 13. However, this may be due to the fact that the latter is a holiday cruise.[/quote]

Yep, holiday cruises have a 90 day due date. This should be unaffected by the new 75 day window for most other cruises. Also, for cruises of 5 nights or less, the due date remains 60 days.

[I]Side note, someone just posted about a huge price drop for Solstice in January. Everybody, check your prices!
[/I]
PartyAllDaTyme,
Wow, thanks for this info!!! And it is Eclipse also in January. These boards are so terrific. And too funny, but I had just received in the mail a sweet Hallmark card from Celebrity [awwww] wondering where I'd been and what could they do to entice me back, etc. Said to myself..reduce prices. Then I read your post, and found out they had :D

Our final payment dates have been shortened by 5 days on each of our 2 booked cruises as per the" my res. page "--

also no e-mail from Celebrity alerting us to the changes....

seems like an odd length of time to shorten the payment due date--5 days??????
I assume it also lengthens the penalty period as well...

we booked both of these cruises before the changes started in the policy so any reductions come back to us in shipbd credit which if not spent is refunded...

[quote name='Janet987'][I]Side note, someone just posted about a huge price drop for Solstice in January. Everybody, check your prices!
[/I]
PartyAllDaTyme,
Wow, thanks for this info!!! And it is Eclipse also in January. These boards are so terrific. And too funny, but I had just received in the mail a sweet Hallmark card from Celebrity [awwww] wondering where I'd been and what could they do to entice me back, etc. Said to myself..reduce prices. Then I read your post, and found out they had :D[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Magenta"]THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU[/COLOR]!!!
I love cruise critic... I was feeling lazyabout checking prices today but aftre reading this post I did anyhow-&...................

we got a great resident rate deal-- we moved from 1 A to AQ & got a slight price reduction-- had to give up a nice angled hump 1 A but felt moving into AQ was truly worth it--& it's a nice cabin! think of all the perks!!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]BLU--[/COLOR]here we come!!!

Having read this thread I knew what to expect and was quite willing to pay the 5 days early, no problem. However, we received an email today and, just on principal, I called Captains Club to question the change in date and was told in an extremely rude manner that my final payment is August 17th, not the 22nd and THERE IS NO WAY I'M CHANGING IT. All-inclusives are looking better and better!

Having read this thread I knew what to expect and was quite willing to pay the 5 days early, no problem. However, we received an email today and, just on principal, I called Captains Club to question the change in date and was told in an extremely rude manner that my final payment is August 17th, not the 22nd and THERE IS NO WAY I'M CHANGING IT. All-inclusives are looking better and better!

Wow! Are they intentionally trying to lose their customer base?

I have read of so many people receiving emails about this change from Celebrity, but I have yet to get one. I wouldn't have known about the due date change if it hadn't been for the boards. I wrote to my TA and she confirmed that the change was made and will not be changed back even though I booked last March. And she didn't know about it until I mentioned it and she confirmed it. So how was I supposed to know my payment was due five days earlier and then make it on time if no notification was given?

I also had to pay my final 5 days early, even though I booked in March! While the rest of my group doest have to pay till today???:confused: We didnt use same TA. My TA was upset because she received nothin from Celebrity:mad:!

From what I've been able to glean, it was a software problem that they did not anticipate (well, if they anticipated it, they wouldn't have had the problem, right;)?) that changed the date on all reservations. It was only supposed to take effect with new bookings as of 8/1, but went whacko. Complicating the problem is that they are able to change some dates back in the system, but not others. For those (including yours truly), all they could do was add a note to the account that the true due date is 70 days, not 75. Apparently, reservations do not automatically cancel. It has to be done manually, so they have some control.

That's the story I was given, one CSR to another, and it made sense. However, since then, I've seen many reports of their outright refusal to change the date (keep in mind they may not be able to) or to at least add a note the the account, which is disturbing. I'm not taking chances, I'm paying early. In the long run, it's not a huge issue, but as Little Johnny said when he was asked why he hated school, "It's the principal of the thing.":D

If it's important to you to get the date changed back, keep trying. Call Captain's Club if you're a member, not the regular reservations number. Clarify if their refusal to change the date is due to a software glitch. If so, ask that the account be noted that the true date is 70 days. Call at different times of the day so you speak to a different supervisor. They may not all be on the same page yet. It depends on who you talk to. Get names and employee ID numbers. If you get an email saying payment is due in 75 days, follow up. Be prepared for the worst still happening.

Just curious

Has anyone from X explained why they changed this on existing res.. seem to create a bit of chaos-- I think many people are going to blow the date!

Oh, yeah. Forgot to answer hcat's question. All the other major lines use 75 days as the standard due date, Celebrity/RCCL is just trying to get in line with the others. That's what I've been told, anyway, and a quick check of Carnival, HAL, NCL, Disney, Princess confirmed that they all do use the 75 day date. It does give them the added advantages of holding our money for a little longer and widening the window a bit where they can do price drops without having to honor a fare reduction under the new policy. It also lets them forecast with a smidge more accuracy how well a cruise is truly selling a bit farther out.

Call Captain's Club if you're a member, not the regular reservations number.

My "THERE'S NO WAY I'M CHANGING IT" came directly from Captain's Club. I said, "so after over 25 Celebrity Cruises (and 3 RCL), a document that gives August 22nd as my final payment date, that's it?. She then said I could speak to a supervisor if I wished but "I AM NOT CHANGING THE DATE".

My "THERE'S NO WAY I'M CHANGING IT" came directly from Captain's Club. I said, "so after over 25 Celebrity Cruises (and 3 RCL), a document that gives August 22nd as my final payment date, that's it?. She then said I could speak to a supervisor if I wished but "I AM NOT CHANGING THE DATE".

It's sad, but I'm hearing more and more reports like this. I still think, overall, you'll have better luck calling CC instead of the regular line, but it seems to be luck of the draw.

Anyone know if Captain's Club agents are completely separate from the regular reservation agents? I'm guessing they have one call center, and the more experienced agents get assigned to take Captain's Club calls. If so, it's likely the same supervisor on duty for both, which is not necessarily a good thing.:(

It's sad, but I'm hearing more and more reports like this. I still think, overall, you'll have better luck calling CC instead of the regular line, but it seems to be luck of the draw.

Anyone know if Captain's Club agents are completely separate from the regular reservation agents? I'm guessing they have one call center, and the more experienced agents get assigned to take Captain's Club calls. If so, it's likely the same supervisor on duty for both, which is not necessarily a good thing.:(

Hi Steve:), yes, Captain's Club is definitely separate. They are located

in a different building~in a different city~in a different state~......

Capt's Club is in Kansas.

Regular reservations? Part of them are in South Florida....and I

believe in some other places too.

Haven't read the whole thread here, but when it first showed up, I checked my Nov 10 reservation that had final payment due 11 Sep and it seemed to have been changed to 06 Sep. But I just got a statement from 'X' and it still referenced the original 11 Sep date. I called CC, which I do find better handling from, and they confirmed it was still 11 Sep.

So not sure what the situation is - not impacting all the reservations. And as to the CC Office location, yup, Lois is right (as usual), it is located in Kansas. And a regular 'X' reservationist I'd worked with was out of Miami. I asked CC why the office was in Kansas and she wasn't sure. I'd seem to remember reading in some other context, a company had moved it's phone response system to Kansas because that area was more reliable and the lines were more available. Not sure if that's true, but sounds plausable.

Denny

Hi Steve:), yes, Captain's Club is definitely separate. They are located

in a different building~in a different city~in a different state~......

Capt's Club is in Kansas.

Regular reservations? Part of them are in South Florida....and I

believe in some other places too.

Kansas? That's about as far from the ocean as you can get! LOL! LMAO! ROTFLMAO! All them there acronyms!

Thanks for the information-- Maybe RCCL/X has a call center near me in Wisconsin I could go work at-- I'm currently commuting 60 miles a day since we moved to be closer to DW's job. I'm looking for work closer to home, but with the economy, things are still tight.

Still considering going on Summit on 2/5?

Denny, you posted as I was. It could be that they are able to utilize a cheaper workforce there, as well. It's the reason many companies have call centers in Asia-- the cheaper labor offsets the additional costs involved in sending calls halfway around the planet.

Kansas? That's about as far from the ocean as you can get! LOL! LMAO! ROTFLMAO! All them there acronyms!

Thanks for the information-- Maybe RCCL/X has a call center near me in Wisconsin I could go work at-- I'm currently commuting 60 miles a day since we moved to be closer to DW's job. I'm looking for work closer to home, but with the economy, things are still tight.

Still considering going on Summit on 2/5?

Denny, you posted as I was. It could be that they are able to utilize a cheaper workforce there, as well. It's the reason many companies have call centers in Asia-- the cheaper labor offsets the additional costs involved in sending calls halfway around the planet.

Hi Steve,:) I know it is a bit ironic:eek:...many of the Capt's Club folks

have never set foot on a ship and neither have regular customer service.

I have been pretty lucky with Capt's Club. I was connected to a guy

named Jerry and he was so helpful and pleasant. It made the

call so much nicer:)

Yes, I am definitely considering your cruise. I am on Solstice in 3

weeks and will go see the Future Cruise Consultant while I am on

board.

Archived