friends of Bill W meetings

norah34

Hello I will be sailing on the priness ruby in sept to the med in europe and was wondering if anyone knows if there are meeting of friends of Bill W on the ship and if yes what time is the meeting . Thanks :p

Sorry for the double post. It's Groundhog Day.

I wasn't trying to put down the question about what Bill W means, I just have

a lot of respect for the members and try to give them the discretion they deserve.

It is not a secret, but some just do not know that friends of Bill W is A.A. and family of Alcoholics meetings, Friends of Dr Bob is for folks who used drugs and Friends of Dorothy is for Gay/Lesbian people, they are support groups.

It is not a secret, but some just do not know that friends of Bill W is A.A. and family of Alcoholics meetings, Friends of Dr Bob is for folks who used drugs and Friends of Dorothy is for Gay/Lesbian people, they are support groups.

Actually the Friends of Dorothy is more a social group than a "support" group.....

Actually the Friends of Dorothy is more a social group than a "support" group.....

As they all are .. and having family in one of these groups, I'm confident if you wanted to go to one of these get-to-gethers and show your support and understanding, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)The meeting times can vary - so check the Patter. If a meeting time is difficult for most members to attend, just request a change with the cruise director. On one cruise the meeting was scheduled for 8AM, and that was a problem for most of us. One person requested a change, and the next day the time was adjusted.

I have enjoyed attending meetings on cruises - meeting so many varied people!

Enjoy your cruise - Mary

From the American Heritage Dictionary;

SYNONYMS:

support, uphold, back1, advocate, champion

These verbs mean to give aid or encouragement to a person or cause. Support is the most general: :D

From the American Heritage Dictionary;

SYNONYMS:

support, uphold, back1, advocate, champion

These verbs mean to give aid or encouragement to a person or cause. Support is the most general: :D

Friend of Bill and Friends of Dr. Bob tend to "support" people who are "recovering" alcoholics or drug abusers...

people who are gay/lesbian/transgender aren't "recovering" from anything.. except perhaps discrimination from those who think they should be, or think they are "sick" to begin with...

Actually Dr Bob and Bill W started AA/Alcoholics Anonymous ;)

NA (Narcotics Anonymous came along later) and had nothing to do with Dr Bob :o

Depending on where you live in the world, AA is open to both folks with alcohol and drug problems....a drug is a drug is a drug :D

Al-Anon was started by Lois, Bill W's wife which is for families/friends of alcoholics.

Later on, Nar-anon was started for families/friends of people with drug addictions.

So now the mystery is demystified :)

Oh yeah, it's Anonymous for a reason ;) (stigma still abounds in society) but the group itself is known worlwide.

On the Coral, the AA meetings were held during cocktail hour . . .

I have a relative that attends (on land) gay AA meetings. Considering the timesaving aspects of this, Princess should consider it as a way to maximize people's scarce vacation hours. I'm also thinking there are other combination possibilities:

motorcycle riders' needlework groups

Sunday mass and martini demonstration

veterans' Race for the Cure

• 5 years later...

Because of the anonymous nature of the meeting, and the groups as a whole, another way to continue this question on a more personal level would be to post your email. Then people who can offer experience, strength, and hope could respond directly to you without breaking their anonymity.

JFT, TL

Hello I will be sailing on the priness ruby in sept to the med in europe and was wondering if anyone knows if there are meeting of friends of Bill W on the ship and if yes what time is the meeting . Thanks :p

Certainly there.

Certainly every day.

In the patter

Time seems to vary to fit the itinerary.

Good luck.