What is your favorite snack to bring on a cruise?

I know there is food onboard, but during a long cruise (7+ days), I start craving some junk food - usually chips. When we did our Med cruise, I discovered paprika Pringles in Venice. I ended up buying a couple small cans to bring onboard. Those are tasty but I haven't found them around Houston. :(

On our last cruise we brought a snack on board for the first time ever. It was a can of Planters Mixed Nuts. It was nice having something salty and crunchy to munch on. Off topic, but question about taking food off the ship. If my daughter brings a bag of goldfish for the little one, is it the rule that if the bag is not yet opened she can take it off the ship, but once it is opened, she can no longer take it off the ship???

On our last cruise we brought a snack on board for the first time ever. It was a can of Planters Mixed Nuts. It was nice having something salty and crunchy to munch on. Off topic, but question about taking food off the ship. If my daughter brings a bag of goldfish for the little one, is it the rule that if the bag is not yet opened she can take it off the ship, but once it is opened, she can no longer take it off the ship???

You can buy snack size (1.5 ounce) packages of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish.

Hershey's kisses and Pringles...

To those who have posted in shocked disbelief that people would actually "waste" good suitcase space on a chocolaty treat, I have a challenge for you.

Buy a small bag of chocolate and a can of nuts or Pringles and see how much space it takes up. Hmmm... :rolleyes: I think my expert packing skills more than make up for the small hole I fill with my Hershey's and Pringles. Perhaps one fewer pair of shoes would also do the job!

More power to the snacking masses!

~Lisa :p

I probably will bring peanuts on my next cruise since that is my absolute favorite all natural snack that works best for me. However, when we were on the EOS I didn't think to bring a snack but wanted something to throw in my backpack to get off on the islands instead of paying $8 for a 'conch' sandwich or whatever and I found it right on the ship, little boxes of cereal at the buffet. They light weight, portable, don't melt and perfect for when your running out of gas and there's no snack vendors around.

Somebody didnt read all the previous posts HAHAHAHAHA !

To those who have posted in shocked disbelief that people would actually "waste" good suitcase space on a chocolaty treat, I have a challenge for you.

Buy a small bag of chocolate and a can of nuts or Pringles and see how much space it takes up. Hmmm... :rolleyes: I think my expert packing skills more than make up for the small hole I fill with my Hershey's and Pringles. Perhaps one fewer pair of shoes would also do the job!

oh no......NOT THE SHOES !!!!! Just bring less underwear or anything else but not the shoes !!!!!! :D

I bring my own homemade spiced nuts with wasabi peas mix. It's a great snack to have on the balcony along with a martini after a long day ashore. Bet you won't find it on any cruise ship. YUMMY! :)

Can someone please provide the link to this thread? I can't seem to find it. :confused:

Thanks!

If you were really smart, you would put the bag of chocolates in the shoes and then have room for both.

I always bring snacks for the plane ride. But after reading this thread, I like the idea of individual pretzels and nuts as a nice salty treat with my drink on the balcony.!!

Great thread OP!!

Our cruise last year was a honeymoon cruise. We packed 2 pieces of wedding cake and took it with us since we didn't really have time to enjoy it the night of the wedding. You pay 2 grand for cake and you will do whatever it takes to get some.

Our cruise last year was a honeymoon cruise. We packed 2 pieces of wedding cake and took it with us since we didn't really have time to enjoy it the night of the wedding. You pay 2 grand for cake and you will do whatever it takes to get some.

I think I paid $ 200.00 for my wedding cake :D Actually I don't think my whole wedding cost 2 grand :eek:

Land or sea the only 2 snacks since I was young I would ever crave was yellow cheese popcorn and Brachs Malted Milk Balls (cannot be Whoppers). Started this tradition in junior high school in the 60s when I would spend the night at girlfriend's houses. We would all go down to the corner store get some magazines, pop, and our own goodies...and those were mine. (BTW I think the magazines were True Confessions..:D)

Rarely bring anything but water and few Pepsis on a cruise though. Usually too full from meals to want snacks. Oh unless I bring something to put out for Cabin Crawls.

There...you know some of the most personal details about me.

Laura

I'm like serious people actually pack food to bring on a cruise:eek::eek::eek: I am finding that point more fun anything. Guess I have never thought of wanting something else , buffets , pizza , ice cream ,room service with just about anything I want. But as they say to each his own. :)

When we took our granddaughter, I brought little juice boxes for her and the small bags of chips etc . I had never thought to bring stuff when my husband and I cruise. I thought with her snacks could come in handy in the room. Well, let me tell you when she brought our turkey sandwich to the room... there was nothing like a bag of potato chips to go with it. Can't find chips on the ship for some reason.

I think I paid $ 200.00 for my wedding cake :D Actually I don't think my whole wedding cost 2 grand :eek:

Same here. Mine was pretty low budget. Of course it was 1979, too.
I doubt that I spent much more than $2K on my wedding in 1995. My dad made me an offer that, being a planner, I couldn't refuse. I could either have a large wedding or he would give me the money that he budgeted for the wedding to use later and I could pay for the wedding myself. I went for a cheap wedding with family and close friends and splurged a little on the honeymoon - a week in St. Maarten at the Divi Little Bay. A year later, we used my "wedding fund" as a down payment for a house.

I have a friend who spent over $20K on his daughter's wedding. The wedding was gorgeous. The only problem is the couple got divorced within 6 months. :eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Archived