Main dining waiting list-how to get main seating?

I just booked a cruise 5 months in advanced on the Liberty of the Seas and got put on the wait list for main seating! I love the food in the main dining room. Got stuck eating buffet (which wasn't good) on the last cruise because i had late seating and no one showed up to our table of 8! Does anyone know how to get main seating and get off the wait list??? I'm desperate here!!! :confused:

Do you have ANY medical condition or take ANY medications where you cannot go to bed with a ton of food on your stomach? Sleep disorders,acid reflux,etc.

Some medications must be taken early in the evening with food.

Are you traveling with an elderly person who cannot possibly eat that late?

I agree with your point. We love dining with others & always request early dining, large table. I am a foodaholic & not a late night partier. I could not possibly lay down with all that food on my stomach. Late dining is way to late for me.

I have also heard that diamond people get priorty for seating time. I hope that is true because we will be diamond after our next cruise & would like to know I would just automatically get my choice.

Does anyone know if this is so ???

Do you have ANY medical condition or take ANY medications where you cannot go to bed with a ton of food on your stomach? Sleep disorders,acid reflux,etc.

Some medications must be taken early in the evening with food.

Are you traveling with an elderly person who cannot possibly eat that late?

I agree with your point. We love dining with others & always request early dining, large table. I am a foodaholic & not a late night partier. I could not possibly lay down with all that food on my stomach. Late dining is way to late for me.

I have also heard that diamond people get priorty for seating time. I hope that is true because we will be diamond after our next cruise & would like to know I would just automatically get my choice.

You don't automatically get your choice. You are just in priority listing for the first available.

I would suggest you go directly to the dining room on boarding. There will be many people doing the same thing. You should probably be able to change at that time if you haven't already got what you want.

We booked our Mariner of the Seas cruise for December more than six months out and main seating was already full and we were waiting listed as well. By last month, I got tired of being on the wait list and asked to be moved to my time dining and went online to reserve the dining time at 6:15 every night so that it more or less mimics the main seating.

From what I understand, once you go on board, just go and talk to the MTD desk (deck 5 on the Mariner) and request the same table/same wait staff every night and you effectively have your version of main dining.

You still have five months, so there is a good chance you will clear the waitlist. People cancel all the time, but especially just before final payment. Bet you will be off he waitlist by two months out. If not you could consider my time dining. If that doesn't suit you, see the matreD when you board.

You still have five months, so there is a good chance you will clear the waitlist. People cancel all the time, but especially just before final payment. Bet you will be off he waitlist by two months out. If not you could consider my time dining. If that doesn't suit you, see the matreD when you board.

I'll second this... I would select MTD and then try to make the change once you board.

Worst case scenario, you still get to eat early, just might have different table mates each night unless you choose to eat with just your party.

You must call or email C&A priority wait list for dining room seating, you must call (888) 437-1953, send an e-mail to customair@rccl.com prior to your cruise

We always do late seating (except on Dawn Princess-traveling w/friends) and have had a full table on all 6 other cruises. We prefer late because then we have more time during the day before we have to get ready and there are less kids so we end up sitting with couples usually right around our age and not families who we have a lot less in common with now that our kids are grown. Anyway, point is, early seating always fills up fast and there are lots of people who show up every night for late seatings. Not only that, I wouldn't let the lack of other diners at my table prevent me from eating in the dining room. How is the buffet any better if you're looking for company and prefer the dining room?

I'll second this... I would select MTD and then try to make the change once you board.

Worst case scenario, you still get to eat early, just might have different table mates each night unless you choose to eat with just your party.

I agree MTD, then go to the Maitre D when you board the ship to change it if possible to main.

MTD is an excellent option anyway, that way you can be flexible.

The only downside to MTD is if you want to be at a large table with strangers.

jc

Archived