How Many Days Do You Like To Cruise

vickie_bernie

How Many Days Do You Like Your Cruise To Be?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Days Do You Like Your Cruise To Be?

It really depends on itinerary.

We usually cruise twice per year 7-9 days each, but our next is 10 dayer.

I would like to cruise 12 days, but only with an adequate ports of call. Let's say for this length there should be at least 9.

Seven is enough for us at this point in our lives.

It is difficult for both of us to be away from our jobs for much more than a week and we are usually ready to come home by then anyway to see our babies (a greyhound and 3 cats). We also do land vacations since we prefer to stay in some locales for several days or a week at a time rather than a port stop.

Mike:)

Seven is enough for us at this point in our lives.

It is difficult for both of us to be away from our jobs for much more than a week and we are usually ready to come home by then anyway to see our babies (a greyhound and 3 cats). We also do land vacations since we prefer to stay in some locales for several days or a week at a time rather than a port stop.

Mike:)

I know Mike! Its hard to leave those pups. :(

Short cruises are just that... too short. I've found I need at 7 days to get comfortable, learn my way around the ship and truly relax. I think I'd like a back to back, haven't tried it yet, and I haven't done any longer than 10 days, so I'm just going to check "as long as I can get" as well. I'm also very limited in the time off I can get, so... hence my ability to take a longer cruise is null right now in my career. But that's what my 401k is for, right?

We just came off a 9-day cruise....all of our previous cruises have been 7 days. I would say that I couldn't continue eating that way for any more days! lol Seriously, I would probably love a 14 day cruise or longer, but my traveling companions (husband and teenagers) feel that 7-10 days is long enough. Anyway, my husband cannot get more than one week plus a day or two of the following/preceeding week off from work at a time (he gets 5+ weeks vacation time, but has to take it in small portions.)

Most of our cruises have been 10 - 14 days. One was 18 and we weren't ready to get off.

We are booked for 28 days next October on the Sapphire. Looking forward to a long leisurely cruise.

Not seeing our grandkids for 4 weeks is going to be the tough part.

Cheers, Denise

I like the 12 day European ones. We go a few days early and are away from home 17 days at the most. The longest we've been on the ship is 14 days. We would like to go longer but have cats that stay in the house while we are gone. We have a kitty sitter come once a day but I worry about them. Besides they kind of get a bit angry at us for leaving them and if we stayed away too long they would scratch the house to shreds and there would be nothing left to come home to.

Done 7,10,11,12,14,17...only hate the 7 day ones,never again .Too short.

My DW has 4-5 years left to work until she retires from her second job,first one was 30 years,if i can wait that long and she will only be 52 and i unfortunately will be 62.Yuk.I hate waiting for the yungins to catch up cuz i'm getting older faster than her!!!:eek::eek:

Archived