Another Upgrade Fairy Sighting

cindep

Well, low and behold, the upgrade fairy is alive and well. We booked an AC minisuite for our 14-day transatlantic on the Crown. Just got the notification ... we've been upgraded to a VS (vista suite). When I called the lady at Princess this is what I was told:

They ARE looking at Captain Circle standing (we're both Elite) and how early you booked as considerations for these upgrades.

The only other upgrade we've ever gotten was back in 1999 on our honeymoon when we were upgraded from an outside to a balcony.

So don't give up hope ... the upgrade fairy is still alive and well at Princess!

What an awesome upgrade for a 2 week cruise. I'm glad the upgrade fairy paid you a visit. If they look at when the cruise was booked maybe I will get lucky on our cruise in 2012, I booked the first day they opened bookings! ;)

I'm so excited for you! We were scheduled for that cruise as well and were booked in a suite and I'm so wishing we were still going. Have fun, sounds like the roll call group is a good one. Bon Voyage!

Congratulations!!! Did you book a guarantee or a specific cabin? I have a guarantee for our May Sapphire cruise and I'm torn about whether to pick a "better" category F or just keep it a guarantee.

We stayed with our BF balcony guarantee and received a BA balcony today for our October 31 cruise on the Caribbean Princess.

That's very interesting what Princess told you about how they choose to give upgrades. Sort of bursts the bubble of those who have always claimed that Princess has no criteria and it's just random. I always figured they had some method to determine who to offer it to (in addition to using the fairy!). ;)

Congrats on the great upgrade!!

That's very interesting what Princess told you about how they choose to give upgrades. Sort of bursts the bubble of those who have always claimed that Princess has no criteria and it's just random. I always figured they had some method to determine who to offer it to (in addition to using the fairy!). ;)

Congrats on the great upgrade!!

Sounds good to me--although there have been any times with first time cruisers getting an upgrade--I hope being elite and booking early will pay off occasionly with a lovely suite.

Nancy:D:D

Did Princess actually TELL you how they upgraded you? Or are you just guessing based on your Elite status. Also, did you book early for this cruise or last minute.

Just trying to learn/understand about these upgrades...

Katherine

Last March my TA called with a fabulous FLASH PROMO for Crown sailing W Carib with Routan's beach for us to enjoy.

Cruise was April, my 60th BD, and we got a BG guarantee for under $1000. Got a comp hotel from Hilton who drive us to the port & back to the airport at the end.

2 weeks later we are CARIBE BA balcony. AFT!

And what a great cruise we had.

Now I get a call from Emerald 10 nt S Carib for $890 PP + taxes, etc. But we renewed our passports 7/12 for the $75 charge & 7/13 it was $115. They cashed the check 7/20 & they tell us 6 weeks from that date. I doubt if we will get it if we get no passports wil 9/1. So I am not excited.

To answer questions:

We had a selected cabin not a guarantee. I was happy with the cabin as we got the last mini on the Dolphin deck that has the extended cabin.

The comments I made came directly from a Princess rep. According to her, we were upgraded based on being Elites and when we booked. I don't know if it made any difference, but we also have the Princess Visa card.

After thinking about it, other than the larger room, most of the benefits you get in a full suite you already have with being Elite. So actually, especially on a long cruise like this, it isn't costing Princess as much to upgrade us as it would someone who doesn't already get the benefits. Just a thought ... but one I think that makes sense.

Thank you all for your good wishes. This is VERY exciting for us on an already much-anticipated trip.

Archived