Nieuw Amserdam Aft Cabin Reviews????

mando_cpa

Hello - I am a aft cabin fan so I am not looking to be convinced they are the best. THEY ARE ;) I would like to hear from anyone who has been in a aft cabin on the new Nieuw Amsterdam. There are always slight differences between some of the aft cabins whether it be a even larger balcony because of the curve of the ship or that it is in a poor location because of some design flaw. I am looking for the things you cannot get from a deck plan. So if you know, can you tell me what aft cabins are better than others. We are currently booked in 6177.

Thanks so much!

Hi Mando - check out Joanie's ship info on the HAL Sticky boards - there are pics of an aft cabin and a small review. We have reserved an aft for December....14 glorious days :) will submit review on our return!!

Have a great time!!

We've reserved #7137 on the Nov. 7 sailing so I will let you know what we think when we return. I will also take pics. This will be our first time in an aft cabin and we're looking forward to it.

We're in cabin 7134 on the same sailing.

We really enjoy the aft cabins. Excellent view, less hallway traffic and we both get more exercise!

We're in cabin 7134 on the same sailing.

We really enjoy the aft cabins. Excellent view, less hallway traffic and we both get more exercise!

I'm in 7143 on the same sailing (Nov 7). I guess we now have three of the aft cabins covered! LOL

Ernie

• 2 months later...

my friends were in an aft on the Nieuw Amsterdam. It seemed nice to me. the balcony was not bad, but not as big as i remember in my previous afts in HAL.

Neither they nor I will sail on the NA again. sorry, hope you enjoy her.

I think you will find the cabins smaller, the ship sparse and the art debatable.

Just our thoughts and just back. hopefully they have the ship cleaned enough that you are not under code red as we were.

have a great trip.

We're in 4178 in only 30 days! My husband and I fell in love with our first aft balcony on Oosterdam for the Mexican Riviera a few years ago. That was before she had her butt lift and we had a really deep balcony. We were also in an aft corner wrap around this past May on Zuiderdam for Alaska. AMAZING! I'm sure that the aft balconies on NA will be pretty shallow like on the Eurodam. I don't care. I'll be watching the wake sipping some vino. It doesn't get any better.

Just got off the NA and was in 6164. This is a corner suite. We found the room smaller than other suits we have had on HAL ships. A lot of space was waisted in the desk that could have been drawers or shelves. There was no storage at all in the desk.

The wrap arround balcony was great. The bathroom and dressing area was standard.

• 2 years later...
Just got off the NA and was in 6164. This is a corner suite. We found the room smaller than other suits we have had on HAL ships. A lot of space was waisted in the desk that could have been drawers or shelves. There was no storage at all in the desk.

The wrap arround balcony was great. The bathroom and dressing area was standard.

Do u have any photos of this cabin?

You do realize this thread is coming on three years old? Poster you are asking hasn't posted on the HAL board in almost a year. He may not see your query.

I have photos of SC 6164 here (About 2/3's of the way down the page) http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-6.html

Stateroom was great and I really liked it. If you've been on any of the Vista Class ship[s in a similar stateroom (corner aft wrap) you will notice ethe verandah is much narrower then the Vista class ships. To me that was the only problem with the stateroom, the verandah being to small for me.

Joanie

Archived