Tropical Storm Danielle

Rhitson88

Anybody heard anything new? I see its currently over the Atlantic. Does anyone know the chances of it coming to Ft Lauderdale say around...Sunday when I am supposed to leave aboard the Emerald Princess? I bet it will die down by that time but just wondering what you guys have heard on tv. Thanks.

Anybody heard anything new? I see its currently over the Atlantic. Does anyone know the chances of it coming to Ft Lauderdale say around...Sunday when I am supposed to leave aboard the Emerald Princess? I bet it will die down by that time but just wondering what you guys have heard on tv. Thanks.

Yes. The chances of it coming to Florida, specifically Ft lauderdale is 1.24376936239% exactly. Don't wan't to sound rude, but..........cant you just look at the local news yourself or Google "Tropical storm Forecast"...... People on here won't know anymore than you can find out yourself???

I am kind of worried about it myself. We set sail out of New York on Sept 4th for a Canada New England Cruise and it looks like it is going to hit the east coast in about little over a week. Last year Hurricane Bill hit Peggys Cove 1 year ago tomorrow. I guess we will have to play the waiting game. I have seen them turn one way and then another real quick. Hopefully it will be gone and out of the way by the 4th and you don't have any problems this weekend. Happy Cruising. :)

Not to be gloomy, but I have heard that this huricane season is expected to be a doozy, with maybe twice the number of named storms as average. However, 1.24376936239% is incorrect. It's 3.488892%.

Good luck.

I guess it is kind of like having a guaranteed stateroom. You are never sure what you will get sometimes till you get to the port but even if it does come to New York while we are there, I AM STILL ON VACATION AND AWAY FROM WORK!!!!! 12 days to go. Woooo Hoooo:)

weatherunderground.com is a great site to follow the hurricanes and stormcarib.com is another great site to follow what is happening on the Caribbean islands prior, during and after hurricanes. More pictures made it on stormcarib after Hurricane Wilma before they even hit the newswires.

Looking at the predicted path of Danielle on the official noaa site: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?5day?large#contents, it indicates a path moving northward and being east of Bermuda through next Saturday.

Unless this storm makes a very sharp westward track at the end of this week, it should stay well east of any location on the U.S. sea coast and blow itself out over the North Atlantic.

Certainly it, like any ocean storm, may take an unpredictable path, but the current forecast would have it far from any cruise line path, except an Atlantic crossing.

Forget the websites. I checked with my lucky eight ball(remember those?) and it said "not a chance". So prepare yourself for a wonderful vacation.

PS: You may want to pack a raincoat!

Already done.:) Afraid the New England Coast may get a little wet in a week and a half.

We are getting pretty wet right now. :)

Uh Oh Janetz. Could you have that sun ready say around Septmber 7th?

Can't wait to see your lovely state.:) We were in Kennebunkport, ME

and it was such a pretty place three years ago. Anything is better than

being in 95 degree heat which is what we have had alot this summer in Indiana. When it rains here it is like a steam bath.:eek:

I am very sad . My friend and her family went on her very first cruise (after 2 years of deciding). 5 days on Carnival to Canada out of NYC. It looks like it's going to be rainy and cold whole cruise. :(

Certainly it, like any ocean storm, may take an unpredictable path, but the current forecast would have it far from any cruise line path, except an Atlantic crossing.

Well, that's exactly where we're cruising in 11 days!!

We fly from NYC to London on Sept. 1, then cruise England, Ireland, N. Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, and Canada before heading back to NYC. So not only are our flights in jeopardy, but the entire TA cruise. And if the next hurricane arrives on our way - oh my, I don't even want to think of it.

I'm afraid to fly in good weather, but in bad weather I'm a basket case. :(

They will make the necessary adjustments on the cruise.

But I doubt the airplane can! It has to go from NYC to Reykjavik, Iceland. Pretty much just one route to there - over the Northern Atlantic. :( The cruise will be after that and probably not affected.

Don't worry about Danielle. The one behind it (Earl) is the one to worry about. They don't know where Earl might go.

Really? I will have to lookin to that one. As long as we can get out and on the ocean I am good. Just being on the cruise is a vacation for me so its all good.

It's starting to pick up out there so just keep an eye out on the systems and there may be adjustments to cruises.

TD 7 has formed and Invest 96 is out there. They are saying that TD 7 will be a hurricane by Saturday.

We are definitely in the height of hurricane season now.

It's starting to pick up out there so just keep an eye out on the systems and there may be adjustments to cruises.

TD 7 has formed and Invest 96 is out there. They are saying that TD 7 will be a hurricane by Saturday.

We are definitely in the height of hurricane season now.

Yeah but I have read some stuff recently as of this morning where they say that none of the approaching storms are expected to make landfall anywhere on the US. So I guess we will see. The path definitely has Danielle looking like it is going to be going north.

Archived