Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

We have been on 5 Princess cruises and we have always packed a bottle (750ml) of rum each in our suitcases. We have never been questioned about it all. I asked once and the staff member said they are really just concerned with weapons or drugs.

Quick question about the "ashtray for the balcony" - I read somewhere here (on another thread) that you can smoke inside the staterooms on Princess, and the staterooms are not among the prohibited areas listed on the Princess site. But on that other thread, someone else said that whether you can smoke inside your cabin depends on which ship you're on. I'm a smoker with a cruise coming up - and no balcony. I didn't smoke in the room on my prior two cruises because I shared it, but this time I'm going solo, and thinking that I might like an occasional smoke while I'm sipping wine and getting ready for the evening. (I don't normally like to smoke indoors because the smell gets on everything, but whatever, it's vacation.) Can I do this? I'll be on the CB if that makes a difference.

No problem smoking in your room- all the poisonous fumes are sucked out through your door vent into the hallway.

My wife and I have cruised 4 times with another coming up in November. On the second cruise (after reading all the hints from CC), we packed a small roll of duct tape. On that second cruise, my wife broke the little string (fishing line) that goes around the bottom of her glasses. I fashioned a repair using duct tape that held until we got home. We haven't traveled without duct tape since then and have used it several times for various repairs. They say you only need duct tape and WD 40 to fix anything that breaks.

When buying the soft drink card, assuming there are two of you, only buy one. We made the mistake of buying two on our first cruise and then never again.

And this is the reason the sticker is so expensive. The same as the store charging a few cents more per dollar becuse of shoplifting

Somewhere in my cruising research, I heard about Princess' famous Fettuccine Alfredo, but served in a crispy parmesan cheese bowl. Is this still available and if so, where?

While we're on the subject of food, my husband loves creme brulee, but he usually likes the standard vanilla flavored (vs. something unique like mango or rasberry). I didn't see it in the standard menus - is it available; or can I request it in advance?

Also, can anyone tell me what hours Sanctuary is open? If we don't get a cruise-long pass, what time do we need to line up to get a day pass? Can you get an all-day pass or just 1/2day pass?

Thanks so much!

My brother in-law also likes the crème Brulee! On the first night we told our waiter and he put in a special order for the next night. Actually they made us ALL special crème Brulee. And for several more nights they brought us additional flavors... I'm sure if you ask, they will be more than accommodating

Largin;

I am sorry that you reported that Secret. Now the skiing will interfere with the fishing from the back of the ship. :p

Bob

LOL! Seriously, I hope lots of people see Largin's post... I am waiting for the day I see a ditzy passenger approach a crew member and ask, "Where do I go to waterski in back of the ship?" I can totally see it happening! Or... someone heading to the lounge chairs behind the aft pool with a fishing rod? ;) You two are evil!

And this is the reason the sticker is so expensive. The same as the store charging a few cents more per dollar becuse of shoplifting

Mrs. Pablo is a huge coffee lover, so we are often sitting at the

lobby bar worshiping the Franke, and knocking back a few.

A bartender who was really funny was working there on one cruise

on coral princess.

Kids would come up with one card/sticker and ask for two sodas.

She would ask them -- do you have another sticker?

After a few seconds of dumb looks from the kids, she'd

say "just say yes".

...and then give them kids the two drinks. And, remind them

to come back with two stickers the next time.

So, technically you should have one sticker per person.

The same with requesting two cups of fresh-brewed coffee

-- the rule is you need one coffee card for each cup.

But, it's between you, god and the bartender.

I've also noticed that if you introduce the bartender to

Andrew Jackson early in the week, you get whatever you

want, including exceptionally prompt service.

Mrs. Pablo only drinks coffee, and I only drink soda, so we

get a coffee card, and one soda sticker and we are good

for a couple days -- until we need another coffee card.

Which reminds me, I've got a 10-day cruise coming up, so

I should start begging for a couple bogo coupons.

Archived