Which to book first once onboard? Chef's Table, Sanctuary, or Thermal Suite?

BigMattT

[quote name='Coracii']I wasn't sure what a "T" pool was either, I'm guessing it's something along the lines of an endless pool, but just a random guess.[/quote]
Maybe a "training pool" of a "treadmill pool". If that is the case, I think that the Lotus Pool will fit that bill!

[quote name='TracieABD']Maybe a "training pool" of a "treadmill pool". If that is the case, I think that the Lotus Pool will fit that bill![/quote]

T-Pool = Thalassotherapy Pool. Its a mildly-heated or lukewarm pool, most of the time with jets or aeration, sometimes with minerals, sometimes with loungers in it... I don't believe Caribbean Princess has one. Nice surprise if the thermal suite did. We really enjoyed the one on the Norwegian Gem.

[quote name='matthewthompson87']T-Pool = Thalassotherapy Pool. Its a mildly-heated or lukewarm pool, most of the time with jets or aeration, sometimes with minerals, sometimes with loungers in it... I don't believe Caribbean Princess has one. Nice surprise if the thermal suite did. We really enjoyed the one on the Norwegian Gem.[/quote]
Thanks for that!
I have actually been in one, but for the life of me-- I could never pronounce it, let alone spell it!

[quote name='kath00']Is the sanctuary worth in on the Alaska cruises? Is it covered? Is it heated at all or just another location to sit down?

Thanks! Katherine[/quote]
It is outdoors. It does not have a heat source per se. It is covered.

[quote name='Coracii']It's a private area of the ship with reserved lounge chairs (much nicer ones than the open deck areas) and stewards to attend to the people there. It costs about $15 per day if you book length of cruise (we book for the entire length of the cruise, but you can try to get it day-by-day also). Get there early, it only has a set number of spots available for length of cruise. If you're going to book for less than length of cruise, you have to be there early in the morning and hope there's spots open and it's more expensive. Some days, like the Panama Canal crossing, are supposedly much more expensive than the normal rate. Here's the Princess site describing the Sanctuary:

[URL]http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/daytime_activities/day_sanctuary/index.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

The website indicates there are "Refreshing Drinks And Healthy Snacks". Is that included in the 15 bucks?

[quote=;25813990]

Can one book excursions ahead on line ?.. [COLOR=red]You can book excursions on line. [/COLOR][/quote]

Actually, you probably should book excursions online if you want to take Princess excursions.

Popular excursions may sell out before you board the ship, so to avoid disappointment you should book online.

With Princess you do not get charged for the excursions in advance of the cruise (they will be charged to your cabin accoount when you board).

Also, if you change your mind you can cancel up until the personalizer is closed about 5 days before the cruise or onboard before the deadline for each port which will be on a card included with your excursion tickets.
(Some expensive excursions cannot be cancelled once booked, but this is noted in the description before you book them.)

[quote name='Chilkoot']The website indicates there are "Refreshing Drinks And Healthy Snacks". Is that included in the 15 bucks?[/quote]

for free...water with cucumber or water with lemon

for free....some fresh fruit

they also have a spa menu for $$$

if you want food and do not want to pay for it you can go to the buffet and bring it up

[quote name='hansi']I really can't understand all the fuss and rush about the Chef's Table. There's probably too much food and at $75 it's too expensive. I'd rather go to Sabatini's or the Steak House.[/quote]

THe food is outstanding, but it is the whole experience that makes the CT, imho, more than worth the $75.00pp cost.

Bob

Archived