Anyone cruise with Regis Philbin on the Infinity last week

bailey616

On this mornings Regis and Kelly, Regis Philbin said he was just back from a week on the Infinity. He said passengers kept waking him up to take his picture! Just wondered if anyone was on the sailing and if he was around much on board?

Bailey

Mardi Gras 1985

Oceanic 1986

Imagination 1995

Destiny 1996

Norway 1997

Grand Princess 1998

Soveriegn of the Seas 1999

Splendour of the Seas 2000

Victory Jan 2001

Victory Feb

Golden Princess Nov.2001

Celebrity Century March 2002

Rccl Explorer June 1,2002

Star Princess Novemebr 2002

Rccl Explorer February 2003, Constellation April 2003

Constealltion February 2004

Could you be on a ship with a MORE annoying person than Regis!! Can I buy insurance in case happens to me??

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

Oh Danno, be kind. There are many of us out here who adore Regis and would be thrilled to spend a week with him and Joy!!! Regis is a real cruise addict, so he can't be all that annoying. icon_wink.gif

Norway - March 1983

Facination - Jan. 1995

Tropicale - Mar. 1997

Jubilee - Jan. 1999

Norway - March 2001

Conquest - January 2004

Zenith - March 2005

Danno is right! I think this would be one instance where the line WOULD HAVE TO TELL YOU if he was going to be on the cruise and you would certainly have the option with no penalty of a different cruise or a full refund.

WORSE YET...I'm on my ony vacation of the year and there is Regis Philbin singing Spanish Eyes while on a trans-Atlantic crossing on an X ship with pods icon_eek.gif!!!

My head hurts...the voices, the voices!!!

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

icon_eek.gifDanno.....thats a TERRIBLE thoughticon_eek.gif

I'd have to agree with you on the being able to "opt out" deal....no way would you catch me sailing on a boat with him for a week!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;8;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Our 1 yr anniversary cruise to Bermuda

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

"Do what you want and say what you feel because the people that matter dont mind and people that mind dont matter"

Dr. Seuss

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Danno is right! I think this would be one instance where the line WOULD HAVE TO TELL YOU if he was going to be on the cruise and you would certainly have the option with no penalty of a different cruise or a full refund. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And double refund if Roseanne was on board!

I think it's a compliment that he sailed Celebrity. Someone like him can vacation anywhere and anytime. I don't get into celebrity's much. To me he would be just another passenger. Now, if I were sailing at the same time an athlete was sailing, I would sure notice.

Toni

I think I'd rather be sailing with the WWE All Stars, and that's my final answer!

Stretch

Barcrawlers, is there anywhere they won't go?

Carnival Celebration 08/97

Carnival Fantasy 02/99

RCI Explorer 05/02

RCI Brilliance 04/03 The Barcrawler Legend Begins

RCI Brilliance 03/04 The Return of the Barcrawlers

Celebrity Summit 06/10/2005

Barcrawlers in Alaska

email address: Stretchcrawler@yahoo.com

I guess my question would be was he the entertainment or just a pax??? icon_confused.gif

If he was the entertainment, it would be MY choice to miss that show. icon_wink.gif If he was a PAX, then he probably didn't want to be bothered any more than any of you who don't like him want to bother him! icon_rolleyes.gif

Celebrities have a right to be in public places just as much as anybody else. Just ignore them & enjoy your trip! icon_rolleyes.gif

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Regis has been on numerous Celebrity cruises over the years. Every time he goes on one it is reported on these boards. I only remember a number of people saying he was very nice and not a snob.

Don

Hi Mango, That's nice to hear. icon_smile.gif

I do remember the post Seagulls is referring to. There were comments that he was rude and obnoxious.

I also remember a comment being made that when Celebritys are on vacation, they are there for relaxation and shouldn't be expected to be polite. Excuse me please, I'm there for relaxation also and I on the otherhand paid for my cruise. I think most passengers on board would expect me to be polite. Outside of passengers bothering for an autograph, it doesn't take anymore effort for a celebrity to be polite than it does for the rest of us. icon_smile.gif

One of my biggest disappointments was Robert Young. I was a big fan. When another fan ask one of the photographers to have a picture taken with Mr. Young he told the potograhpher to F**K off. To this day I ignore any celebrity. Not the ships of course. icon_smile.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

BT, I would love to have a photo taken with you and I'll gladly autograph it for you.

BTW: who the heck is Regis? icon_wink.gif

NBP [7<sup>2</sup>=49]

Boten, you're always good for a laugh - newtocc

Boten, I want to speak with Mrs. Boten. NOW - brigittetom

I've never, ever refused to give an autograph, but due to the witness protection program, photos aren't allowed. icon_eek.gif

Stretch

Barcrawlers on ice, where will we turn up next?

Carnival Celebration 08/97

Carnival Fantasy 02/99

RCI Explorer 05/02

RCI Brilliance 04/03 The Barcrawler Legend Begins

RCI Brilliance 03/04 The Return of the Barcrawlers

Celebrity Summit 06/10/2005

Barcrawlers in Alaska

email address: Stretchcrawler@yahoo.com

I was on the Infinity last week. Regis was not at all annoying. In fact, he was very nice! He was just like any other passenger: He went to the buffet, the pool, played golf in the DR, tennis in Nassau, etc . . . He was very kind to those who asked for a picture or autograph.

Happy Sails!

Aimee, CTA, ACC, DS

Bonne Amie Travel

"Without a travel agent, you're on your own."

Majesty of the Seas ~ March 2002

Celebrity Horizon ~ November 2002

Navigator of the Seas ~ April 2003

Crystal Harmony ~ November 2003

Radiance of the Seas ~ January 2004

Infinity ~ April 2004

Coming Soon . . .

Constellation ~ November 6, 2004

We were on the Infinity last week and were pleasantly surprised to find out Regis was on board. He was extremely gracious. My teenage son met him in the elevator and shook his hand. Most of the Pax let him enjoy his time on board and did not bother him. You would see him at the evening entertainment, at the buffet, etc. He did do a Q & A one afternoon, and the cruise director asked questions, then it was opened up for the audience. It was very enjoyable. Joy was on board with him as well as another couple that are his friends. Just so you know, he dressed just like the rest of us, one day I saw him in a lime green sort of faded polo shirt and shorts. He looked just like the rest of us!

Archived