NZ Superliner = NZ Currency

kiwi sailor

P&O are pushing the fact that "Pacific Pearl" will be NZ first Superliner, so one would hope that all charges on board will be in NZ dollars. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

from P&O web site, re Pacific Pearl..............

Please note that the currency used on board is Australian dollars (AUD)

http://www.pocruises.com.au/ourships/pages/pacificpearl.aspx

I wonder if the ship will be registered a New Zealand ship or Australian ship - as the naming ceremony is being held Auckland?:confused:

Regards

Roland

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (August from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2007 Pacific Star (September from Brisbane)

2011 Pacific Pearl (January from Auckland) P102N:)

I wonder if the ship will be registered a New Zealand ship or Australian ship - as the naming ceremony is being held Auckland?:confused:

Existing ships are registered in the UK (as they're still part of P&O UK despite operating as a separate brand), so I'd expect this would be as well. The naming ceremony is really just 'ceremonial.'

Existing ships are registered in the UK (as they're still part of P&O UK despite operating as a separate brand), so I'd expect this would be as well. The naming ceremony is really just 'ceremonial.'

Not all are regististered in the Uk.

I think it depends on which Bank , Finance Company or Super Fund owns them..

Pacific Sun : Liberian Registered

Pacific Jewel :British Registered

Pacific Dawn :Liberian Registered

When did these change, David. Last I heard, the Pacific Sun was registered in Malta a month or so ago, thus spawning all the rumours about her being sold by the end of the year, (P&O say not true) and the Pacific Dawn still had London on it in June.

When did these change, David. Last I heard, the Pacific Sun was registered in Malta a month or so ago, thus spawning all the rumours about her being sold by the end of the year, (P&O say not true) and the Pacific Dawn still had London on it in June.

Pacific Sun is still showing Valetta as her registry port painted on her stern and flying the Maltese Flag in the photos a friend took of her two weeks ago, so I don't think this has changed again.

All I am going on is what I read on the Krooz cams page that gives facts for each ship. That info may be out of date , as I know the registration of each ship can change each year.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/POindex.html

Please update , if that is wrong.

Would be nice for the Aussies on board if prices were in NZ, but then they would be charging NZ$9 for a beer, so nothing would change.

Well it looks like the NZ Peso won't be any good on board then. Surely they won't torture us with only having Aussie Beer on board. But hang on, don't we own most of the Aussie breweries?:D

Trivia time courtesy of wikipedia so if it's wrong it's not my fault:D:D.... we were on her early 2009 she was badged London then:

JUBILEE/PACIFIC SUN

Port of registry: 1986–1996: Monrovia, Liberia

1996–2000: Panama City, Panama[1]

2000-2004: Nassau, Bahamas[2]

2004-2010: London, United Kingdom[2]

2010 onwards: Valletta, Malta[3]

just noticed that the Pacific Star changed her registered office to Malta the year she went to Pullmantur......:cool::cool::cool: change to Pacific Sun might be in preparation to send her to the Med.....cheers Shiona

Trivia time courtesy of wikipedia so if it's wrong it's not my fault:D:D.... we were on her early 2009 she was badged London then:

JUBILEE/PACIFIC SUN

Port of registry: 1986–1996: Monrovia, Liberia

1996–2000: Panama City, Panama[1]

2000-2004: Nassau, Bahamas[2]

2004-2010: London, United Kingdom[2]

2010 onwards: Valletta, Malta[3]

just noticed that the Pacific Star changed her registered office to Malta the year she went to Pullmantur......:cool::cool::cool: change to Pacific Sun might be in preparation to send her to the Med.....cheers Shiona

yes you right on the sun

pacific jewel

1990—1992: Palermo, Italy

1992—2000: Monrovia, Liberia

2000—2002: Hamilton, Bermuda

2002 onwards: London, United Kingdom[1]

pacific dawn

United Kingdom (2007)

Bermuda, Hamilton

Liberia, Monrovia, 1992-2007

Italy, Palermo (1991-1992

Regards

Roland

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (August from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2007 Pacific Star (September from Brisbane)

2011 Pacific Pearl (January from Auckland) P102N:)

Don't think any of the cruise ships will be registered in Australia or NZ, from what I've heard it's too expensive for them to operate if they're registered here because they'd have to pay Australian wages, superannuation, etc to the crews.

Pacific Sun is still showing Valetta as her registry port painted on her stern and flying the Maltese Flag in the photos a friend took of her two weeks ago, so I don't think this has changed again.

Pacific Sun flying the Maltese ensign in Brisbane on 24/08/2010

2014844650078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

Registered in Valetta

2748131040078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

Sorry, I forgot about the Pacific Sun change! The others are still UK as far as I know though.

Still wouldn't expect the Pearl to be Australian or NZ but leaves it an open question as to whether it goes to the UK or Malta.

Archived