Included beverage details, anyone?

happy cruzer

Hi, It's nice to see the included beverages on O.

Any recent cruisers care to share details?

What beverages are included? Still and sparkling water? Size of water bottles? Ginger ale? club soda? Juices?

How and from whom do you order? for cabin, at buffet, in restaurants?

Is one place easier than another to get a beverage? i.e. less trouble for you and the server.

Do you tend to tip for the now included beverages?

Sorry for so many questions, but am very curious on O how is doing this.

What beverages are included? Still and sparkling water? Size of water bottles? Ginger ale? club soda? Juices? All of those, Juice may be available during breakfast but you can always ask for it at other times

We have never asked for it during the day

How and from whom do you order? for cabin, at buffet, in restaurants?

There is Water, 2 small Bottles & 1 large & assorted sodas in your cabin ...your stewardess will replace them as needed or you can request just the ones you prefer.

You can ask in the dining venues & bars

Is one place easier than another to get a beverage? i.e. less trouble for you and the server. NO not to my knowledge, just ask

Do you tend to tip for the now included beverages? I think it is included in the current gratuities .... which has just gone up I believe

Sorry for so many questions, but am very curious on O how is doing this.

I am sure you could tip extra if you want;)

There is also bottled water available as you leave the ship on port days usually small bottles

Lyn

They did have tonic water but never noticed if they had diet TW

They did have diet coke & other diet drinks I very seldom drink sodas so did not pay much attention

I am sure someone will have the answer for you

Lyn

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Nautica and had loads of Diet Coke available. I advised our steward that we probably would not drink anything else from the minibar and so he stocked it up with Diet Coke for us at all times. Afraid I don't know about the juices, sorry.

So I'm still wondering about the juices such as bloody mary mix? grapefruit juice?

thanks

I would think they would have them at the bar if they were used in mixed drinks.

Maybe not the grapefruit juice, it would be available at breakfast or room service but I am sure if you asked a waiter they would find you some ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from Insignia, the only diet drink I saw was diet Coke. Juice was available at lunch and breakfast, orange, apple, tomato, grapefruit, cranberry, lemonade, iced tea and maybe at dinner as well, just never asked for it. You can get sodas in the restaurants or at any of the bars free of charge. Bottled water available in your room or at the gangway each day also free of charge. Small bottles and large bottles.

Thanks for the update. I am still really curious about the juices all during the day and evening since the info I have seen says water and soda are included. Especially the bloody mary mix....

Also carbonated water or " Agua con gas"??? Or just still bottled water.

I will know first hand soon about one month to go....

I don't recall any Dr. Pepper, but hot cocoa was always available at the Lido Deck coffee station. The coffee machine that they have offers some sort of coffee/chocolate drink automatically, and pouches of cocoa mix were always there next to the tea bags.

. Especially the bloody mary mix....

I am going to say the Bloody Mary Mix may be available but for a fee ...I am not sure..... other virgin cocktails have a fee

I am sure you will find out soon enough

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Does anyone know if they offer cocoa/hot chocolate? If so, in what venues and times? Is it just those awful packets next to a hot water urn or the real thing made with hot milk? Thanks.

I know if you ask for hot chocolate in the dining rooms you will get it whether it is real cocoa or packages I do not know

If you ask they will tell you

We just got off Nautica on September 22 and the Terraces has a new Franke coffee machine that is just wonderful. You can get lattes, cappuccinos, coffee both regular and decafe 24 hours a day. I really didn't pay attention to see if it offered hot chocolate or not. The coffee from the machine is much much better than what they pour at breakfast. (Just my opinion).

Archived