Rita's Fiesta

Anyone else going to try the Rita's Fiesta?

I was booking our specialty dining tonight and came across this event. It will be held one night only during the cruise(Weds night at 8:30 on both weeks of my cruises). I booked it just to try it out. It's twenty bucks a person and includes three Margarita's or beers. The price of those alone makes up for the charge. They also have a choice for those not wanting the alcohol but I did not look up the price.

Here is the description.

Guests who are looking to partake in a lively Mexican-inspired celebration are invited to attend Rita's Fiesta. This special event, held once a week, features brightly colored decorations, endless buffets of Mexican fare, and lively entertainment. Join the sombrero and poncho-clad staff members as they perform the Mexican Hat Dance or sip one of Rita's specialized margaritas while enjoying the festive atmosphere. Fiesta Package includes three margaritas or beers.

Menu

The menu features fresh made pica de gallo salsa, party nachos, fiesta guacamole, sizzling hot fajitas and a variety of beef, chicken and seafood dishes complemented by both contemporary and classic Margaritas. An alcoholic and non-alcoholic package is also available at Rita's Fiesta.

Where You'll Find it

Rita's Fiesta is featured on our newest ship, Allure of the SeasSM on the Boardwalk near the Aqua Theatre.

Dress Suggestion

Rita's Fiesta is always casual.

Costs (alcoholic)A fee of $20 USD with 3 drinks included applies per dining guest. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soda are offered at current bar menu prices.

We're booking Allure for December 2011.

This sounds like fun! You're right, the $20 per person for 3 drinks is well worth it... especially since I've never received a margarita that is served in anything smaller than a punch bowl sized glass! I'm hoping that they make them strong. I bet they will given the Mexican theme. :)

Plus all of that food on top of it... you could easily make that your dinner and drinks for the night. It will also give us the chance to try out the specialty restaurant to see if we'd want to go back for an extra meal.

Just booked!

BTW, for the others that have booked or looked into booking, how many dining times were you offered? There was only one time listed on ours - I'm assuming that's all they'll offer it (one time on one day/cruise).

It was only offered one time during the cruise and that is what is stated in the information. Also, we could not book Rita's for dinner. Only lunch was offered each day.

It was only offered one time during the cruise and that is what is stated in the information. Also, we could not book Rita's for dinner. Only lunch was offered each day.

I read the description, but couldn't tell if the once per cruise meant a few seatings for one evening or only one day with one time. I will be interesting to see if this is a hit with passengers... With so many onboard and only a handful of ressies available, how popular will it become? I can't wait to start reading the first reviews! :)

This sounded interesting, but it wasn't available until 8:30 and we like to eat earlier so we'll probably just eat there for lunch one day. Booked a speciality restaurant for every night of our cruise including Chef's table. Can't wait.

Will definitely check this out! BTW, how are the margaritas on RCCL ships? I love them at home, but have never tried one onboard.

I love margarita's at my favorite mexican restaraunts so I assumed they would be good here to. I was a little disappointed. To me they tasted like they had a pre-mix. Almost like it had Sprite in it.....more sweet than sour I guess. I think I read somewhere that margarita's from Rita's were going to be specialty drinks so maybe they'll make them differently. I not much for the fruity one's but I love the originals...blended with salt :-) . I'm just happy they are doing this. Us Californians love our Mexican food and margarita's :-D .

Archived