Name one item you just have to have on your cruise....

Post it Notes - - Use them for everything

Honey - I am at the ______ if you need me.

Room Attendant - Could I please have some more pillows and some more ice.

Next Door Neighbor - Your wifes screaming kept me up all, could you tell her to do it quietly tonight.

Yourself at home - Don't forget your wife, camera, beer koozie, sunscreen, balcony, ipod, friends, spray bottle, etc.

My travel alarm clock -- not for the time but because it has a great light that can be used as a flashlight in the middle of the night for those trips to the bathroom. And my anti-nausea wrist bands (which work great even on very rough seas) and chewy ginger pills, because they taste so good. And, last but not least, an extendible cord for the sea pass to prevent me from leaving it in the slot machines. :p

Downey was practically invented for cruises. No ironing; no worries. Zip-lock baggie uses goes on and on. Fill with everything from undies (several pairs in a quart size) to swimsuits, to jewelry (snack size) to shoes (2-1/2 gal). Luggage is ready to wipe out the drawers, sling in the ziplocks and you are unpacked. For little ones, a zip-lock for each days complete outfit and there's no rummaging to find matches. On the way home, the smelly, dirty clothes and any damp swimsuits are ready to pack without worry. Slip the photos you bought into one to make sure they don't get wet/damp sitting on the dock in a pouring rain on your return. Credit card because anything I forgot, I can replace.

W-O-W. Someday if & when I become a mother, you are the first person I am coming to for advice. Fantastic ideas!!!! :D Can you expand on the Downy thing?? (Seriously, I am not being sarcastic!)

Post it Notes - - Use them for everything

Next Door Neighbor - Your wifes screaming kept me up all, could you tell her to do it quietly tonight.

Sorry, I'll tell her to tone it down a tad next time.:D

I always like to take a small photo frame of the kids. I always take it when I travel for business and it just makes things seem better. I also have a small foam ice chest that folds down flat and will hold about a six pack with ice. It leaks like a sieve so you only want to use it outside, but works good enough to keep a few cans cold for a couple of hours, not that they last that long.

my waterproof camera and a regular camera so when i drop the regular one and break it i have a spare!!! ( yes this really happened)

Happened to me this past June too! The regular digital flew off the bar at Weekend Warrior on Explorer, as soon as we boarded, first drink and down one camera! We actually had two others, water and DDs...

Archived