Flight arrives to Orlando at 1:30pm, boat leaves at 4:30. Can he make it?

bhpeters

Kat may have hit on the best option with the current setup. Ask RCI for permission to potentially show up late (after final check in, before sail time). The 90 minute rule is there for the Homeland Security manifest. I'm pretty sure he can be listed on it if they know he's on the way.

He can get around it if the family calls RCI..I read the same lines from RCI that people were posting here, but I called, got super-supervisor and got an exemption. We only had to promise to call a certain # ( I do not have it) if we knew we would not be there within 30 minutes of departure. THey let us, and we were just dealing with cancelled flights and snow..not the military!

Go get 'em!!!

Wow, thanks for all the responses. He'd be coming from Denver, I didn't think to look at other airports, just assumed flying into Orlando was best. I'll look into that. His wife (my sister) would be coming from Omaha, we're leaving out of Kansas City. It's a crazy mess, and I just don't think he'll be able to go. Especially if trip insurance doesn't cover if he misses the boat in this situation, I thought it did. That was very helpful info.

I'm more at peace with it now, I agree it stinks that he can't get an earlier flight... Denver doesn't have anything to Orlando that leaves around 6am, which would be best, only option is 8 am, which doesn't get there in time.

The sad part is we booked this exact cruise because it didn't conflict with him military duty or my sister's work schedule and then this thing comes up. Ah well, such is the life of military families. I appreciate everyone's offer to help, maybe I'll find a different cruise date and will get lucky on prices. :rolleyes:

The good news is they didn't ever book anything (I suppose they're used to this kind of thing) and were waiting, we went ahead and booked ours because we can go without them, just don't want to. We're before final payment so we can change the cruise, but we have booked airfare through southwest so we can change those tickets without too much trouble I think. Thanks everyone.

The times for flights out of KCI suck. We live in a burb of Kansas City, and had hoped to fly out of here, but it wasn't happening. Thus the drive to Indianapolis. What also is working against him is the time zome change. The further East he could drive, then get the earliest flight out would work great.

I really suggest you ask HIM what he wants to do.

My son is in the Army, in his fourth year. He would give ANYTHING to have a chance at a vacation like this with family - those guys deserve to be able to spend time relaxing, and after all they've gone thru with basic training and the field training they have, you might be surprised what lengths he would be willing to go to for a week of relaxation and pampering. Something that might seem like a hassle or a "don't try it because there's a chance it might not work" to you - well, for him he may be willing to take that chance.

No one knows what the future holds for any of us - and our servicemen and women may be called to duty at any time. That week spent with family/friends may be looked back at during times of adversity and held dear to his heart - those memories are precious to all of us but more so to some who can't be with their families for long stretches of time.

Again, perhaps ask him if HE is willing to give it a try.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I didn't realize everyone was still posting. You'll be happy to know my brother-in-law IS able to join us on the trip and got around the flight scheduling issue which started this whole thread.

We will be booking their tickets next week on the wow sale, and I'm SO EXCITED that he is able to join us. Plus, he also gets to fly out with my sister (wife) instead of coming from a different airport. So everything is really working out well right now. Hope that streak continues! :)

Thanks to everyone for posting all that flight information and various ideas. I used a lot of it to research this. Love cruise critic and the responses we get here! :D

Wow, I didn't realize everyone was still posting. You'll be happy to know my brother-in-law IS able to join us on the trip and got around the flight scheduling issue which started this whole thread.

We will be booking their tickets next week on the wow sale, and I'm SO EXCITED that he is able to join us. Plus, he also gets to fly out with my sister (wife) instead of coming from a different airport. So everything is really working out well right now. Hope that streak continues! :)

Thanks to everyone for posting all that flight information and various ideas. I used a lot of it to research this. Love cruise critic and the responses we get here! :D

Great news!!!! Everything has a way of working out...and a few prayers may have helped just a little!!

Please give my thanks to your B-I-L for his service!

Enjoy your cruise. :)

So nice to hear it all worked out! Enjoy your vacation.

Archived