intercontinental hotel in miami - what is there to do at night?

baby

staying at intercontinental in miami next month

I know about bayside marketplace

but need suggestions on where to eat and where is the music at night???

just want we to stay put and relax precruise

thanks carol

We stayed there last year one night pre cruise. Not a lot of time to do anything as it's 8 miles plus from the beach but if you are eating or drinking forget the Hotel !!! Mega prices. Just head straight across the road and there are a variety of excellent places for food and much cheaper drink.

When cruising out of Miami, we also stay at the Intercontinental and have done Bayside too. Favorite place there is Lombardi's. We've also cabbed to SB to walk Lincoln Road. Tons of good dining places there and excellent for people watching. Another favorite place is Monty's in Coconut Grove. Excellent raw bar and their stone crabs are great. Just as good as at Joe's but usually without any wait to get a table.

AUbie

Bayside, in my opinion, is a cheesy tourist trap and there is really nothing exciting about it. Where the locals go is about a 5-10 minute cab ride from the hotel called Mary Brickell Village. There, you will find a number of restaurants and bars (it is an area that is one or two blocks behind Brickell Avenue). Perricone has very good Italian food in a nice atmosphere. Just across the street is Blue Martini, of which usually has live music in the evenings. Also be sure to check out Tobacco Road, just down the street from there ... oldest bar and restaurant in Miami, and the bands are usually good.

http://www.tobacco-road.com/

Either Monty's on South Beach or in Coconut Grove is a good option as well for music and a waterfront location.

The Intercontinental usually has a live performer in their bar....but, right next door (a very short walk) is Bayside Marketplace....restaurants, bars, shops...plenty to keep you busy. I agree---it is sort of "cheesy", but it does give you something to occupy your time until bedtime!

Or, take a cab to Coconut Grove....TONS of things to do their...restaurants, clubs, bars, shops.....

We are staying at Intercontinental vs. the airport, just because Bayside is close enough to walk to. We have reservations there for two nights (2 cruises almost B2B).

We will deal with cheesy or whatever and walk around and see what there is to see. Im staying with someone who posts on CC that we have never meet face to face.

I hope the rooms are semi large at Intercontinental ... dont really care about the whole 5 star business.

Can you walk to the port. I will just have a carry on. I figure since I cant carry liquids on AA, I wouldnt have that much bathroom junk, like I usually have.

Bayside Marketplace is not bad for the night before your cruise.

4922848144_b50e01f447.jpg

They have live music and sometimes they have an outdoor concert. I could hear the music in my room at Holiday Inn across the street and they played until midnight.

4922844610_c0a42f2a08.jpg

And I ate at Bubba Gump too.

4922263191_12fb065d91.jpg

Bayside, in my opinion, is a cheesy tourist trap and there is really nothing exciting about it. Where the locals go is about a 5-10 minute cab ride from the hotel called Mary Brickell Village. There, you will find a number of restaurants and bars (it is an area that is one or two blocks behind Brickell Avenue). Perricone has very good Italian food in a nice atmosphere. Just across the street is Blue Martini, of which usually has live music in the evenings. Also be sure to check out Tobacco Road, just down the street from there ... oldest bar and restaurant in Miami, and the bands are usually good.

http://www.tobacco-road.com/

Either Monty's on South Beach or in Coconut Grove is a good option as well for music and a waterfront location.

I really enjoyed Perricone a couple of years ago. We went back the night our cruise returned to get more gelato.

Can you walk to the port. I will just have a carry on. I figure since I cant carry liquids on AA, I wouldnt have that much bathroom junk, like I usually have.

The Port of Miami is on an island, which means from the Intercontinental you'd have to walk up Biscayne Blvd and onto the causeway. It's almost 2 miles. I'm not 100% sure there is a sidewalk on the causeway. The map was inconclusive.

....{cut is mine}....We will deal with cheesy or whatever and walk around and see what there is to see.

Me too as I will deal with "cheesy" in Miami OVER being home.....Pretty touristy...but IF THAT WERE A PROBLEM.....WHY would I cruise???? That seems pretty touristy too....:D

NOW, I CAN'T WAIT!!!! hehehehe

Staying at the Intercontentinental in October....but I will take a cab.....I don't wish to deal with the security entering a port area....Probably why the webcam on Wachovia is down since you could move and zoom in on focused areas.....not a good thing in this age..."so to speak".

Can you walk to the port. I will just have a carry on.

Please do not walk. Not only is it deceivingly farther than you think, but it is an industrial, working port over a bridge, with heavy truck traffic whizzing by you, and the Miami sun is hot. The wheels on your carry on will be toast by the time you get there. It is not safe. Please budget to spend the 12 bucks for a cab. You'll arrive safely, be more refreshed, and ready to start your cruise vacation.

The Port of Miami is on an island, which means from the Intercontinental you'd have to walk up Biscayne Blvd and onto the causeway. It's almost 2 miles. I'm not 100% sure there is a sidewalk on the causeway. The map was inconclusive.

Me too as I will deal with "cheesy" in Miami OVER being home.....Pretty touristy...but IF THAT WERE A PROBLEM.....WHY would I cruise???? That seems pretty touristy too....:D

NOW, I CAN'T WAIT!!!! hehehehe

Staying at the Intercontentinental in October....but I will take a cab.....I don't wish to deal with the security entering a port area....Probably why the webcam on Wachovia is down since you could move and zoom in on focused areas.....not a good thing in this age..."so to speak".

I think we are at the Intercontinental Oct 27th and Nov 1, before the Liberty of the Seas 3 day and then the night before Majesty. We are trying to get extra cruise credits to get to diamond, talk about cheesy, so we are in a aft facing JS on Liberty.

I lived in Boca Raton for over 13 years before I moved away, but I only drove past Bayside, never went in ... now is the time to play tourist. I like playing tourist as it happens luckily. Im meeting someone who posts on this board that we have never meet face to face yet. (thats why I wondered how big the rooms were at the hotel).

We are both excited. We got the IA from that site that everyone else is using.

We are also staying at the Intercontinental end of Oct. Thank you for the info on the Bayside Area.

Just wondering does anyone know if there is a drugstore near the hotel. It would be easier to pick up a few bits there than lug it from Ireland for our Cruise.

Please do not walk. Not only is it deceivingly farther than you think, but it is an industrial, working port over a bridge, with heavy truck traffic whizzing by you, and the Miami sun is hot. The wheels on your carry on will be toast by the time you get there. It is not safe. Please budget to spend the 12 bucks for a cab. You'll arrive safely, be more refreshed, and ready to start your cruise vacation.

Not true, done it before when we were younger but there is a port bus that goes across the causeway to the ships and this is what crews and port workers use.

We are also staying at the Intercontinental end of Oct. Thank you for the info on the Bayside Area.

Just wondering does anyone know if there is a drugstore near the hotel. It would be easier to pick up a few bits there than lug it from Ireland for our Cruise.

There is a CVS just up the street from hotel

Archived