Taking two 1/2 day excursions in Pisa & Tuscany

RumRunner01

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this? The Ocean Princess sailing on October 13 stops in Livorno (Florence/Pisa). Many great tours are offered, including some half day tours. One morning tour of Pisa is 8 to 12 and a Tuscany wine tasting goes 1-5. They are both Princess excursions. I can't find one tour that encompasses all that these two excursions do.

What are your thoughts/experiences of being able to actually take two tours in one day? I know it would be a long day but would it be feasible to think we could make both tours in one day... timing wise?

Thank you!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this? The Ocean Princess sailing on October 13 stops in Livorno (Florence/Pisa). Many great tours are offered, including some half day tours. One morning tour of Pisa is 8 to 12 and a Tuscany wine tasting goes 1-5.

What are your thoughts/experiences of being able to actually take two tours in one day? I know it would be a long day but would it be feasible to think we could make both tours in one day... timing wise?

We have done two tours in one day many times.

Tours meet about 15 minutes before the announced starting time, so the second tour should meet about 12:45 and will probably meet on shore. The first tour could return 45 minutes late and you would still easily make the second tour, just forget about lunch and a bathroom break.

Go for it.

I doubt Princess would let you book the two tours if they had conflicting times. You can always book them and then check the feasibility once you are on board.:)

Actually, they do let you book them but will warn you if the times conflict.

I believe their normal rule of thumb is to allow one hour between excursions and that condition exists in this case.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this? The Ocean Princess sailing on October 13 stops in Livorno (Florence/Pisa). Many great tours are offered, including some half day tours. One morning tour of Pisa is 8 to 12 and a Tuscany wine tasting goes 1-5. They are both Princess excursions. I can't find one tour that encompasses all that these two excursions do.

Thank you!

You should join your role call. Its pretty active. You might get some ideas of what to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1081652

We did that exact same thing several years ago and LOVED both tours. We were exhausted at the end of the 2nd one and were a few minutes late to dinner (early seating), but it was well worth the effort. We saw so many great things, and fell in love with Tuscany. By doing that we were able to spend a whole day in Florence the next time we docked there. I say go for it. I doubt you would regret it ---- and you can always sleep on the bus on the way back.

Archived