Princess changed layout of online shore excursions

SF

I don't have any questions (at least not yet) on the layout, but I do have a few questions about booking online excursions. I hope someone can answer it for me.:)

1. If I paid the deposit, but have not made final payment yet, can I still book the excursions online?

2. After I booked the excursions, will I be charged immediately? If not, then at final payment time? Or I have a choice to pay after I check-in to the boat?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I don't have any questions (at least not yet) on the layout, but I do have a few questions about booking online excursions. I hope someone can answer it for me.:)

1. If I paid the deposit, but have not made final payment yet, can I still book the excursions online? Yes

2. After I booked the excursions, will I be charged immediately? No If not, then at final payment time? They didn't charge us last year (maybe that's why when we got on board our reservation wasn't there:confused:) Or I have a choice to pay after I check-in to the boat?

Thank you in advance for your help.

As you can see, I am a wealth of information...NOT!

2. After I booked the excursions, will I be charged immediately? No

If not, then at final payment time? No

Or I have a choice to pay after I check-in to the boat? Unless you call them to specially pay in advance, the cost of the excursions will be on your cabin account once you board. It will then be paid for at the end of the cruise, usually to your credit card although some people pay their onboard account in cash.

Hope this helps

As you can see, I am a wealth of information...NOT!

LOL, your answer is funny:D.

Can someone else out there tell me "if I want my reservation to be there when I get on board", then I need to pay for the online excursion as soon as I book it?

Actually the main reason for my question is because sometimes I get a lot of OBC (from FCC, Stockholder, TA OBC...), and just gratuity alone will not use it all up. In those cases, I have used the OBC for excursions (which I have always booked the excursions after I am on the boat). So it would be nice if I book the excursions online, and will not be charged until I get on the boat.

LOL, your answer is funny:D.

Can someone else out there tell me "if I want my reservation to be there when I get on board", then I need to pay for the online excursion as soon as I book it?

Actually the main reason for my question is because sometimes I get a lot of OBC (from FCC, Stockholder, TA OBC...), and just gratuity alone will not use it all up. In those cases, I have used the OBC for excursions (which I have always booked the excursions after I am on the boat). So it would be nice if I book the excursions online, and will not be charged until I get on the boat.

In my passed 4 cruises I have never prepaid for the excursions and have always had the tickets in my cabin when I arrived.We usually book at least 3 to 4 excursions

Can someone else out there tell me "if I want my reservation to be there when I get on board", then I need to pay for the online excursion as soon as I book it? No need to pay before being on the ship.

So it would be nice if I book the excursions online, and will not be charged until I get on the boat. That is exactly the way it works.

Enjoy your cruise....and the excursions

I've called about not being able to access tours for our sailing; the CSR was surprised, but surmised that with so many sailings to update, they just weren't finished with the process. Seems to me they would have updated the earlier cruises first, but who knows

We go three weeks tomorrow and can't access any of the excursions. I think it's simply poor data transfer.

I was so glad to read that others can't access their excursions either on the new site. Our excursions opened a few months ago for our December Christmas cruise on the Sapphire. Now I can't see anything. I get a message that it can't process the excursions at this time. So frustrating. Interesting that some of you have called and the CSR had no idea that some sailings can't be accessed. I thought it was just me.

Thanks for the information.

Well after posting that, I decided to try accessing Princess through Safari. I have a Mac, but usually use Firefox for my browser. Well what a difference that made. Going through Safari I can now see the excursions perfectly. :D So a different browser can make all the difference. I was getting ready to call Princess about this and now glad I didn't.

Anyway, now I can see what everyone is talking about. Definitely a different format and I need to go back and look closer to see if I like it better or not. But regardless of my likes, at least I can now see it.

Thanks to those who posted about this, which made me go and try another route.

well I called Princess this morning and was told that it was working just fine and that she could see the 2 excursions I had pre booked.

But guess what it's still not working, I couldn't check it while I had her on the phone as the site is blocked on my work machine. It's most frustrating as I wanted to get a few more ideas for the rest of the islands we have no plans for. :mad:

Made even more irratating by the fact that on our rolls i'm the only one so far that is having problems with it. Grrrrrr.

So guess what I'll be checking again in the morning and if no change I'll be on the phone to them again.

Well after posting that, I decided to try accessing Princess through Safari. I have a Mac, but usually use Firefox for my browser. Well what a difference that made. Going through Safari I can now see the excursions perfectly. :D So a different browser can make all the difference. I was getting ready to call Princess about this and now glad I didn't.

Anyway, now I can see what everyone is talking about. Definitely a different format and I need to go back and look closer to see if I like it better or not. But regardless of my likes, at least I can now see it.

Thanks to those who posted about this, which made me go and try another route.

I tried a different browser...still didn't work. And that doesn't explain why the CSR couldn't access it, either.:(

Got the prices I needed for St. Lucia...thanks to those who looked.

That is frustrating! I really didn't expect to see a difference in the other browser, but luckily that did fix my problem.:( It was getting irritating when I would look and nothing would come up also.

Good luck to you both with accessing your excursions. I was worried that I wouldn't ever be able to see anything for when my next cruise opens. At least I was set for this one, but wanted to make sure I did have access.

Our cruise is Feb 2011 and the shore excursions only became available this week

Does anyone know how far in advance the shore excursions become available for booking in cruise personalizer? I have an Alaskan cruise scheduled for July 6, 2011 and am anxious to look at excursions and start pricing them.

Does anyone know how far in advance the shore excursions become available for booking in cruise personalizer? I have an Alaskan cruise scheduled for July 6, 2011 and am anxious to look at excursions and start pricing them.

We are sailing in February, 149 days left, but our excursions have been available for a week.

Dar

We are sailing in February, 149 days left, but our excursions have been available for a week.

Dar

We will cruise on Jan 15, 2011, and I still can't book shore excursions. Today is 120 days from 1st day of cruising. Try my luck tomorrow.

Ricky

Looks like Princess has changed the layout for viewing and booking their shore excursions online.

Personally I prefer the old style as it also showed you how many spots for that tour were still available. To me this layout is too busy looking.

Change is always inevitable, but I do agree the new shore excursion section does look to busy. What I believe (imho) is Princess should redesign their main website. It is (again imho) bland and uninspiring.....

Bob

For those this is effecting, I rang Princess this morning as the problem still hadn't been fixed. And finally they realise they have a fault, seems they are working on along with the US side and hope it will be working properly by the middle of next week.

so we just have to be a patient and wait a little longer.

hope this info helps some others.

Julia 50 days and counting yippeee

Thanks for the update Julia......

I booked most of my excursions last week, then the change in format came and I was blocked out of adding my final one this week (actually, I HAD booked it and then somehow while messing around, I deleted it:eek:...and then this week when I figured out that I had done that, well I couldn't re-book it....I "guess" I can be patient and wait another week:p.

Liz

I sign in to Princess and checked the excurisons for my April 30, 2011 Mexican Riviera cruise. The excursions are available, but none of them have prices. I also checked for the Nov. Asia cruise, same thing. Anyone knows how close to embarkation day before they list the price for the excursions? I noticed some of you mentioned you already booked excursions for your cruises that are months ahead, so you booked them without knowing the prices?

Thank you.

There is a link "View Excursion Details" at the end of the summary for each excursion. When you click on that you get more information.

I like the new layout. It provides two features that I find valuable. One to set a dollar range and one to set the maximum duration. So you only get the excursions within your budget and time tolerance.:)

Also, the activity icons, are right there, with explanations, for you to see and choose, what activity you require and can handle.

Cato

Passed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Fifth & (hopefully Platinum member cruise), Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver -LA

Repositioning .

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Seventh cruise - Crown Princess, 26 Mach 2011, 7 day Western Carribean, LA to LA

Eighth cruise - Emerald Princess, 04 June 2011, 11 day Baltic, Copenhagen to Copenhagen

Archived