What? No Goldfish on the Rotterdam?

HALFans

We did the September 4th Alaskan Explorer R/T Seattle on the Rotterdam. Just thought I'd note a few things while I work on a review...

1) There were NO GOLDFISH at the bars. Only the assorted dry-roasted (good) nuts. :D

2) Unlike our last 2 Ryndam cruises, there was no garbage stench in the hallway by the Explorers Lounge. Missed that for about 1/2 a second. ;)

3) Screechy has left the HalCats. In fact, even the rest of the HalCats were gone. The Ocean Bar has a new group with a male vocalist. What a change!

4) Darn it, there was no one to feel like I wanted to 'Boo' at the new Showroom at Sea. The new entertainers can all sing their parts, the orchestra plays in tune, and the quality of shipboard entertainers has gone up all across the board. Kind of miss the glitzy Bob Mackie costumes, but glad they're spending the money on talent instead!

5) I know it's silly but I was delighted to see the HAL Logo napkins, chocolates and swizzle sticks that I missed on our last cruise. That lets me know that Holland America is as proud of that ship as I was happy to be on her.

Great cruise, wonderful ship, fantastic Cruise Director (Anthony Choice?) and ever-friendly crew and staff.

That's it for now. Review to follow.

:) Our recent Maasdam we had Logo bar napkins, swizzle sticks with Logo, good nuts as well as dry roasted and goldfish. Ship seems to have been well supplied. ;)

....and they offered jalepeno poppers as well. :)

We did the September 4th Alaskan Explorer R/T Seattle on the Rotterdam. Just thought I'd note a few things while I work on a review...

1) There were NO GOLDFISH at the bars.

...clip.../quote]

If you are really into seafood, there is salmon on the "always available" menu.:D

Interesting - would love to see your full (detailed) review. Am doing the Rotterdam for the first time in November (Pacific Islands cruise) and 30 nights with more than half of those at sea frightens me a bit...would hate to have to tollerate all that time without goldfish!

Tailskid

1) There were NO GOLDFISH at the bars. Only the assorted dry-roasted (good) nuts. :D

2) Unlike our last 2 Ryndam cruises, there was no garbage stench in the hallway by the Explorers Lounge. Missed that for about 1/2 a second. ;)

3) Screechy has left the HalCats. In fact, even the rest of the HalCats were gone. The Ocean Bar has a new group with a male vocalist. What a change!

4) Darn it, there was no one to feel like I wanted to 'Boo' at the new Showroom at Sea. The new entertainers can all sing their parts, the orchestra plays in tune, and the quality of shipboard entertainers has gone up all across the board. Kind of miss the glitzy Bob Mackie costumes, but glad they're spending the money on talent instead!

5) I know it's silly but I was delighted to see the HAL Logo napkins, chocolates and swizzle sticks that I missed on our last cruise. That lets me know that Holland America is as proud of that ship as I was happy to be on her.

Great cruise, wonderful ship, fantastic Cruise Director (Anthony Choice?) and ever-friendly crew and staff.

That's it for now. Review to follow.

Hi Guys: Thanks for posting mini review. Had Goldfish and logo bar items earlier this year on the Oosterdam. Will miss them next year if they are not avail. since I like them in the afternoon with my Napcap. Usually go for a snooze around 4:00. Thank heaven no Halcats. I too still miss the Rosario Strings. They were classy and seemed to enjoy performing for us.:)

Thanks for the great review. I think we were in the Crow's Nest with you and traded our answers for trivia? Anyway, we felt the same about the cruise, it was terrific. This was our friends and ours first time cruising with HAL and we loved it! The boat was beautiful and a nice size. Food was great, enterainment was first rate and in spite of one rough sea night and sea sickness we will definitely cruise with HAL again!

Kathy aka Vogie

Seattle, WA :)

Word has it, no more 'Good Nuts' in the dam bars! HAL has switched to 'Good Prunes!':cool:

Nope......

"Word" is wrong. Plenty of Good Nuts on formal nights on Maasdam, Eurodam and Westerdam in the last year. :D

I'm sure if you want prunes, Copper, they'll be happy to get you some. ;)

Archived