Taxi FCO to Civitavecchia

wcyellin

It appears that the "private car" services charge between €90 and €120 for two people between FCO and the Civitavecchia Port.

Is there a fixed taxi fare for this trip, or should I just pre-arrange a pickup.

Thanks....

No fixed rate that I've evr heard of. Would guess a taxi would be towards the higher end of the rates you mentioned. Get a fixed price agreed upon before you even begin to get in the taxi.

Any recommendations from people who have used a private car service from Rome Airport Hilton to the pier at Civitavecchia?

dog:)

There are two large threads here on Rome in Limo. Casn't say enough positive about our experience with them. You might want to read them.

There are two large threads here on Rome in Limo. Casn't say enough positive about our experience with them. You might want to read them.

Thanks, :)

I did read the rome in limo threads. They have very positive feedback.

I'm looking for transfer from Hilton Rome airport to pier at Civitavecchia. Do not need a tour.

Can anyone who has used a car service for transfer such as this please recommend?

Thanks,

Thanks, :)

I did read the rome in limo threads. They have very positive feedback.

I'm looking for transfer from Hilton Rome airport to pier at Civitavecchia. Do not need a tour.

Can anyone who has used a car service for transfer such as this please recommend?

Thanks,

Rome in Limo does transfers as well. Very competitive to other services. We used them for airport to Rome hotel, Rome hotel to port, and when 2 members of our party completed their portion of the cruise, from Port to Airport Hilton.

We have used www.romecabs.com a couple of times and they are great.They will meet you outside arrivals with your name on a sign. They will even keep track of your flight in case it is late. You can book easily on their web site. Be sure you get the right company,you want Stefano Constantina's Rome Cabs.

I checked the link and it will take you right there.Check him out on Tripadvisor.Great reviews.

Thanks,

I'm bookmarking these two companies as I've read positive feedback about both of them. rome in limo and rome cabs

How much in advance would you say you booked them online?

Can't remember exactly but probably about 4 to 6 months in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a Med cruise. I used RomeCabs from a FCO hotel for our transfer to Civitavecchia and received excellent service. It was 130 Euros for two people and well worth the service. I asked the driver if we could stop somewhere for pick up some mineral water and wine. He stopped at a large co-op supermarket in Civitavecchia where the prices were really good. When we got to the dock, he quickly got a porter to take our bags. I also used RomeCabs for a transfer from a Rome hotel to FCO. Again, received excellent service, with the driver going out of his way to find us a luggage cart at the airport.

Another vote for Rome Cabs. We shared our transfer with two other couples from our roll call. We were at 3 separate hotels close to the Vatican. We were each given a time for pick-up varying by about 10-15 minutes. The morning of pick-up, it was pouring rain. We were sitting havng breakfast when the hotel clerk came into the breakfast room and said I had a phone call. I was so nervous thinking something was wrong at home. Got to the phone and it was our driver confirming he would be there at 11:00. He loaded us into the van first (out of the rain), then went back to the hotel to gather our bags, loading them quickly in the rain. Then a nightmare of traffic and pouring rain to Civitavecchia. Thankfully it had stopped raining by the time we reached Civitavecchia.

The van looked new and was very clean, the driver courteous and a very safe competent driver.

If you could possibly share with someone on your roll call, it does lower the Price pp. We paid 30 EUR pp x 6 = 180 EUR. The price quoted is usually for the vehicle (even on tours), so if you share it does lower the pp cost.

Have a great trip!

Archived