11 nights, same outfits twice?

BritYank94

In all reality people don't remember what you had worn - you just think they are all looking at you- I guess it's our vanity. It's like when you have a cold sore you think everyone is looking at it, but they're not. I use to bring lots of clothes, now I bring as little as possible and I don't care if on a 2 week cruise I wear the same outfit 3 times. On one cruise I wore the same outfit on all three formal nights and just changed it up with a scarf on one evening and a set of pearls and a different belt on another night. Lugging more than you need is such as waste of time. It is true when they say pack your luggage and now take out 1/2 - and you will still have more clothes than you need.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

We will be flying into Miami from London for a few days before our 7 nt cruise on the Eclipse 20/11 so due to weight restrictions it would be impossible to have a different outfit every night. We will be mixing and matching / laundering as required. If the onboard fashion police don't like it I may just stay in my cabin and cry wearing an illicit pair of jeans !!!!!

I don't think we are important enough that people bother what we are wearing. Even if they do remember we're wearing something twice .....

so what. I'm sure no one is going to think even for one minute that you're wearing the same few tops twice or even three times because those are the only five tops you possess.

In this day and age of restrictions many of us are having to cut back on what we pack.

We are on Millie for the 11 night so carribean. With our status with Delta we are not lmited on luggage or weight but after packing our dive gear etc we will be limited on space.

Is it OK to wear the same oufit twice for dinners? I've read the cost to have clothes laundered is not too expensive so we thought we would take 5 nights of clothes, have them laundered and then wear them again. Certainly not the same outfit back to back. :D

We are Select Dining so we may not be eating with the same group every night so maybe no one will notice??

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

FIRST rule of packing- if you cannot wear it at least twice plus mix/match with something else leave it home. Of course you can wear something twice or four times.Just check for spots before the next wearing.Its a vacation- add to your budget $40+/- for laundry & stop worrying. The fashion police will not arrest you.

Carole

We are on Millie for the 11 night so carribean. With our status with Delta we are not lmited on luggage or weight but after packing our dive gear etc we will be limited on space.

Is it OK to wear the same oufit twice for dinners? I've read the cost to have clothes laundered is not too expensive so we thought we would take 5 nights of clothes, have them laundered and then wear them again. Certainly not the same outfit back to back. :D

We are Select Dining so we may not be eating with the same group every night so maybe no one will notice??

I find that most people only care about how they look and could not care less about anyone else's attire UNLESS it is bizzare or very unique and memorable in some way. Trust me on this, only you will know that you have worn the same thing before. Others will not care or will not remember anything you had worn on a previous occasion. Do you actally think that, with hundreds or thousands of people on any given cruise, anyone would remember such things from day to day?

Pack light, relax and enjoy your cruise . :)

Here is an easy solution. Stick to basic slacks or skirts bring more tops .I promise no one will notice you are wearing the same stuff ..because your tops will be different

For 11 days 4 or 5 slacks/capris 8 different tops ........

elegant night 1 fancy slacks 2 beaded tops

You have ALL your outfits for 11 nights

Daytime shorts or LONG dress type Tshirt Use bathing suit as top //no need to layer I do bring lots of bathing suits /tonkinis You can get the long Tshirt dresses EVERYWHERE in Carib

I have some from St Thomas Aruba Curacao etc etc .You are completely covered and dressed with one of these ...VERY HANDY

We are on the same cruise. I always overpack and I'm trying to avoid that this time. Right now I have all the apparel "possibilities" in one place and I hope to have them thinned out by the time I'm actually ready to pack. Will definitely be wearing things twice! So if we stand side by side, they can point at us both! LOL!

.......Is it OK to wear the same oufit twice for dinners?...........

You may not want to wear the same outfit twice if you are Michelle Obama or Lady Gaga.

If you are anyone else, people will not notice or care what you wear (unless you wish to attract attention by deliberately wearing a totally outrageous outfit).

I would barely remember what I wore to dinner two days ago, much less what anyone else wore.

Absolutely,

Since I wear more casual clothes during the day, I am only wearing the clothes I wear to dinner in the evening. I hang it back up at night so that I can wear it again. On an 11 night cruise I would definitely want to be able to wear the clothes twice.

Same outfit twice... I say THRICE !!!!!!!!

I quite understand that if you wear a top on a day's excursion, especially, if the weather is hot it will need to be laundered. But wearing a top in the evening for a few hours in a a/c atmosphere is a different story. Plus I wouldn't be happy in sending certain evening or smart tops to the ship's laundry.

A friend had a different solution. She would wear a top to dinner (obviously not the formal night) and then wear it the next morning.

Thanks to all. I really enjoyed reading your responses especially the comedic ones. hee hee

I might be able to pair down even more.

I guess I will have to keep my Lady Gaga outfit and my orange jumpsuit to only one night.

Cheers!!

I guess I will have to keep my Lady Gaga outfit and my orange jumpsuit to only one night.

Cheers!!

Drat and here was me thinking that you decide it was ok to wear all you items more than once......Are you sure we cant change your mind(Espec the Gaga outfit lo)l:)

i am a minimal person. very casual. we went on 2 week cruise & wore lots of clothes over. so did everyone else. who do you need to impress? 1 woman brought only black & white. i use the same clothes on cruise after cruise because we don't see the same people. go to chico's & get co-ordinaTINING clothes. strtch it out. no one cares. have a great time. ad

I honestly think that if someone has enough time and energy to remember what you are wearing every night they really aren't enjoying their cruise.

Seriously though, I have lots of black and white with a few colors thrown in. I mix and match them to make lots of different outfits without bringing lots of clothes, just change out the accessories. You can also change your hair and makeup and make the exact same outfit look different :)

I figure that I am just not that important that what I wear will matter to anyone. And if it does, that's just too darn bad. As long as I am clean and presentable, and follow the oft-spoken-about guidelines for evening wear, I refuse to spend time worrying about what others think of my outfits. I often wear clothes twice on seven or ten day cruises. In fact, I bring a couple of pairs of black pants and have been known to wear them with different tops three times each - after all, I shower before dinner and only wear them a few hours at a time. I would bet the cost of a cruise that no one noticed that fact (including my husband!). :)

OK, got it. I'm not that important. ;)

I suppose I was thinking along the lines of sitting with the same people at dinner. I would notice what they wear each night, not the bottoms but certainly the tops, jackets and ties.

And I suppose I am concerned because of some of the comments I have read about the dress code. It sounds to me that if it was a tux but from the 70's, some of those people wouldn't be happy. Even though it mets the dress code. :D

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I will wear my five outifts proudly.

I have always found the laundry on Celebrity to be excellent! This works well for DH who works up a bit of a sweat every day.

By all means wear the same thing more than once! Many of your fellow cruisers, including myself, are in the golden years and cannot remember what we had for breakfast, let alone what other folks are wearing.

Travel light, enjoy, be a good listener at the dinner table, and don't worry what other folks may think about your clothes. ;)

Last year I did a 54 night cruise and had to fly from England back to Australia, so was limited to 20 kg of luggage. Did I double up at any time, you bet. Did any one notice, care? D'on't know, don't care. It is not the most important thing, so long as you are dressed appropriately for the occasion, a repeat does not matter.

It's so easy to change the look of basic outfits with different accessories. A little black dress can go from casual to formal with jewelry. Add pretty scarfs or belts and it can be worn multiple times with totally different looks. A mens black suit (wear the jacket on the plane and it's out of the suitcase) can be changed the same way with different ties and a few shirts. A skirt, one or two pants and a few mix and match tops and you are DONE packing. You really won't be wearing the same outfits twice. ;) Less shoes are also needed packing like this so that's a big plus when luggage weight is an issue.

Archived