Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

You look great in that outfit! Love the tunic and the colours on you.

I am older than you and I love sporting black leggings with my black ( and beige ) patterned tunic, belted to give waist definition.

Would post photos but don't know how ( probably have forgotten how, hee,hee)😊

Hello, Ladies!

Lymph Drainage.

NOT a subject you probably expected me to introduce at our wonderful cocktail party! Nevertheless, I've been reading a bit about how to counteract water retention and I stumbled on this excellent video from an aesthetician about facial massage around the eye area to counteract under eye bags and general, overall eye discoloration. I know that I can look in the mirror and see a reflection that "looks as tired as I feel." More or Less.

I have been doing this little 7-minute exercise. More than anything, it's an excellent, excellent relaxation time! Wow. Sets a tone, for sure, for the entire day.

Thought I'd share just in case you've never stumbled upon this information.

Oh! I found a pair of cream cropped jeans before my last cruise. I love wearing those! For me personally, I would love for them to be a bit darker, maybe more tea stained in color? But I love them to death, and I think you would look great in them.

Did you just say you were almost 58? Liar. :D

Legs for days...

Kim...Skinnies look fab on you!! Go get more!!

Love the tunic. Super fun colors. I was looking at things earlier on DH's computer...OMG...his monitor is so different from mine...those colors were INTENSE on his monitor! Loved it! I could really see all the different colors in that pattern. So lovely.

And Debbie...wow...I'll say that you lightened your hair!! SO not what I have in my mental picture of Debbie! So much longer too! Still love that scarf. The difference in your appearance in those two photos is mind boggling I tell you.

I was telling DH how we used to make jokes about how knowing our colors lets us know what to wear to plan that day when we need to leave work a little early because we aren't "feeling well." Our coworkers could be like, "Yeah, you don't look so good!" (No offense, but OMG...whatever that other photos was could be used for such a devious purpose! LOL!!)

Still love that porch photo. When are you going back to the tree farm again?

I think the day in the sun at the water park on Saturday lightened my hair even more. It didn't look that light on Friday. Oohhh, I just remembered--I've read that Spring/FIRE is the one group that can go from dark to blonde believe-ably. I went totally blonde right out of high school for a while and it never looked weird. That may be useful info in Lauri's quest or for someone else one day.

We are scheduled to be back at the tree farm in early October. Home for a few days and then a bus/train ride through West Virginia mountains. By Halloween, we will have been through the Great Smoky Mountains National Forest, Pisgah National Forest, Chatahoochee National Forest, Nantahala National Forest, Cherokee National Forest, and Monongahela National Forest. With that many trees, I am expecting to see gorgeous fall colors. A waterfall or two would just be icing on the cake.

We are scheduled to be back at the tree farm in early October. Home for a few days and then a bus/train ride through West Virginia mountains. By Halloween, we will have been through the Great Smoky Mountains National Forest, Pisgah National Forest, Chatahoochee National Forest, Nantahala National Forest, Cherokee National Forest, and Monongahela National Forest. With that many trees, I am expecting to see gorgeous fall colors. A waterfall or two would just be icing on the cake.

Debbie, your trip sounds fun BUT I'm way more impressed that you can spell all those places :D Have fun and pictodiary for sure!

Did you just say you were almost 58? Liar. :D

Yep, 58 in December. When I look at that number or hear it, I think, where in the world did the time go. Sometimes I also think, holy cow, we ARE old geezers!

Thanks again to all for the skinny jeans comments. Now that I think I will go look for some nice FIRE ones, they'll probably be out of style when I find them and I'll look like a goof wearing them :eek: My goal in dressing is not to be on the cutting edge of fashion and not to look like I'm granny from the Beverly Hillbillies but, somewhere in between. And also dress age appropriately, not too young and not too old for my age. Also, has to be within my budget. I really self limit, don't I??????

Debbie,

I know how you love purple, right?--check out Penny's color Madrid Purple. I got a couple of things in that color and they arrived yesterday. I only tried them on to see if they fit and didn't spend any time looking at myself in the mirror for color. I "think" it might be a good darker FIRE purple.

No idea what 'color' I am, or what tones, if any, best suit me......but here's a shot taken aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam (my first cruise - a transatlantic), October 2013, for my 61st birthday.......one of the few times I ever get 'dressed up' shipboard, (or anywhere else for that matter):

2q9hwyd.jpg

Edited by CrossBluePerchance

No idea what 'color' I am, or what tones, if any, best suit me......but here's a shot taken aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam (my first cruise - a transatlantic), October 2013, for my 61st birthday.......one of the few times I ever get 'dressed up' shipboard, (or anywhere else for that matter):

2q9hwyd.jpg

Hopefully we can get some comments from everyone and help you get it figured out:) Right now over on the EARTH thread, there's Lauri is trying to get her color/season figured out. She's proving to be a little harder to figure out.

Usually, everyone asks that you post 4 photos in different color seasons. Usually it's black, gray, peach, rust and the photos are taken without makeup and also usually asked is if your current hair color is your natural color. The photos should be on a dark'ish background. If your hair is colored it sometimes helps to post a photo of you sometime in the past with your natural color.

Anita Latte over on the EARTH thread is our resident expert on color theory. But, we all have something to add :)

It's an interesting process. Sometimes really easy to decipher and sometimes not but, always lots of fun!

Glad you want to join in. We will all do our best to help you :)

Hi Belleville

Vancouver over here

I am an Ice ( Asian) so have black hair, dark brown eyes, light complexion

Congratulations on the twins! Became a grandmom to twins just last Nov. our first 2 grand babies.

It will be a wonderful handful.

Welcome to the fashion threads.

Thanks. I'll try to take a few pics with those colors - busy day here though - going with my daughter for her ultrasound - twins - due any time now! 2 more granddaughters for us - that will make 5!

Congratulations on the double addition. In my opinion, there isn't much better in life than grands.

Welcome to our color party. I won't be of much help color-wise, but I enjoy the fellowship.

Carol, I'm glad you've decided to join us. China??? Oh, wow. If you don't mind to share, please let us know about your trip. It should be a wonderful trip.

Kim, I'm off to check out Madrid Purple. THANKS!!!

Hi all

We are visiting Shanghai, a water village, river cruise on the Yangtze ( Three gorges dam), Xian ( Terracotta Warriors) then Beijing. The usual sights plus factory visit( silk, pearl, etc)

Total 16 days there and back, a whirlwind tour

Will be hot and humid I think

Well, Ladies, it looks like I will be taking a cruise after all. DH told me yesterday to get busy and find us a cruise for January or February. Yee-haw! Will I plan him up!?! You betcha.

Since everyone is in a revealing mood, I'll turn 60 this February. I can't imagine where the past 20 years have gone, but I know they have. DD is 35, so I know I'm older than my mind thinks I am. My body? Yeah, it's almost 60. LOL

:cool:Oh, my! Has it been forever since I've checked in with ya'll? I know I've missed a ton and don't have time to really catch up. Just letting you know I'm still kickin'...Stessfull times, but I'm managing!!!

I got my glasses and am finally driving again!!! Haven't got time for pics yet, but will try if and when things slow down...DS is finally in his house! AND I am going to be a mother-in-law! He proposed July 4th. :D

Major decision has finally been made - I'm retiring this year! Don't know how long I'll be able to work, but end of year is it for me! (If I make it that long!) Mom is doing ok...I still have to do the housework, laundry and help her bath. It is a special time for us and I really don't mind it at all!

Dad is having cataract surgery next week at age 93...other eye following week... So I'm driving him to his doctors appointments and surgery. I know my time with both of them is limited and I am going to be there for them.

I still have to post the few pics from my cruise and catch up with you all and I promise I will, just not right now...I'm trying to find time to catch my breath!

Enjoy your summer, what's left and I'll try to check back in soon..Don't forget me!

Hi all

We are visiting Shanghai, a water village, river cruise on the Yangtze ( Three gorges dam), Xian ( Terracotta Warriors) then Beijing. The usual sights plus factory visit( silk, pearl, etc)

Total 16 days there and back, a whirlwind tour

Will be hot and humid I think

Very similar to our trip, so if you have any questions just ask away. What time of year are you going?

Congrats on all the twins! I don't have kids but I always wished I could skip over that and just be a grandma. :) I make do with being the fun auntie.

Ahhh, Linda! So glad you checked in. So glad to hear you are trying to manage. It's hard to keep the FIRE lady down. Get down, maybe, but ya can't keep a good woman down. I can't imagine the stress of keeping two households going, running errands for both and trying to work full time. AND, your health isn't stellar. Please, please, please, take care of yourself.

I wish I was closer so I could offer help.

We are going next month! Have you been?

Any hints re the clothing choices? Hubby is all ready now. Easy to dress a guy!

Am getting guide books out so I have a feel for what I will be seeing.

Being an Ice, I will be doing black as my basic bottom. Easy to pick tops, but hope the humidity isn't too harsh.

:cool:Oh, my! Has it been forever since I've checked in with ya'll? I know I've missed a ton and don't have time to really catch up. Just letting you know I'm still kickin'...Stessfull times, but I'm managing!!!

I got my glasses and am finally driving again!!! Haven't got time for pics yet, but will try if and when things slow down...DS is finally in his house! AND I am going to be a mother-in-law! He proposed July 4th. :D

Major decision has finally been made - I'm retiring this year! Don't know how long I'll be able to work, but end of year is it for me! (If I make it that long!) Mom is doing ok...I still have to do the housework, laundry and help her bath. It is a special time for us and I really don't mind it at all!

Dad is having cataract surgery next week at age 93...other eye following week... So I'm driving him to his doctors appointments and surgery. I know my time with both of them is limited and I am going to be there for them.

I still have to post the few pics from my cruise and catch up with you all and I promise I will, just not right now...I'm trying to find time to catch my breath!

Enjoy your summer, what's left and I'll try to check back in soon..Don't forget me!

Hi Linda, I've been thinking about you and wondering how things were going with you and your family. Sounds like you have had some positives going on :) Miss you in our conversations. Please do post the rest of your pictodiary, would love to see it.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you come on and chat more often! Like Debbie, if we were closer......

We are going next month! Have you been?

Any hints re the clothing choices? Hubby is all ready now. Easy to dress a guy!

Am getting guide books out so I have a feel for what I will be seeing.

Being an Ice, I will be doing black as my basic bottom. Easy to pick tops, but hope the humidity isn't too harsh.

China sounds so exotic. hope you will post some photos on your return! ICE is an easy season to dress with, lucky you. Have a great time on your trip and report back :)

Well, Ladies, it looks like I will be taking a cruise after all. DH told me yesterday to get busy and find us a cruise for January or February. Yee-haw! Will I plan him up!?! You betcha.

Since everyone is in a revealing mood, I'll turn 60 this February. I can't imagine where the past 20 years have gone, but I know they have. DD is 35, so I know I'm older than my mind thinks I am. My body? Yeah, it's almost 60. LOL

Exciting news, Debbie. Come join us on our February cruise! Our TA still has some great prices on cabins. It appears on some sites that the cruise is sold out already but, our agents says she still has availability. Would be a blast if you guys came along!