My review of Sapphire Beach & Paradise Point

mitsugirly

Just to add to this, the condo resort (which is where the web cam is located) is actually where the taxi's drop you off in the turn around (and pick you up). We felt extremely safe, even when leaving our things up at the beach under the grape trees. There is plenty of shade there. We didn't even rent any chairs. So unless you are someone who HAS to have a chair to sit in vs just laying a towel out, it's really not required. :)

I cant wait! Can you tell me did you see any Iguanas? I have 3 kids that would be more than thrilled & may want to sneak one home with us. ( LOL )

Mitsugirly,

If there were a like button I would pound it for my fellow Buckeye!:D:D:D I am certain I never thanked you enough for writing this review which encouraged me to go to Sapphire. It got me to buy my own snorkle gear and underwater camera. It was better than any snorkling excursions I have ever paid for. My wife had no desire to snorkle but loved laying on the beautiful beach where she felt very safe and secure.

Now that we are heading to Cozumel in a couple of weeks I plan on heading to Chankanaab based upon your review there.

Thanks for taking your time to provide these reviews:D

We have snorkel gear but no life vest. And did you wear water shoes or tennis shoes snorkling, worried abt stepping on something? I also will have 2 teens and a 9 yr. old.

How much do you think will be for my 3 kids husband and I to get to Sapphire from the dock? I was reading 20pp. That is a little much I think?

$72 total for the taxi roundtrip, beach is free, you will pay more fore chairs as usual.

We're staying here now, just back from a daysail and very nice at Sapphire. There has been a swell but we had a great day on the water today. A little murky on STJ for snorkeling due to the swell but a beautiful day once we got through the early rain.

We're staying here now, just back from a daysail and very nice at Sapphire. There has been a swell but we had a great day on the water today. A little murky on STJ for snorkeling due to the swell but a beautiful day once we got through the early rain.

Thanks for the update. Did you happen to see if they were renting jet skiis? We're looking forward to being there in April and that's on our agenda. Thanks

We have snorkel gear but no life vest. And did you wear water shoes or tennis shoes snorkling, worried abt stepping on something? I also will have 2 teens and a 9 yr. old.

I did buy a snorkle vest and wear it as this was my first time snorkling on my own off of the beach. Never really needed it but it gave me some comfort and confidence as I was out there alone. At one point I got too focused on the beauty and drift quite a ways out (rookie error) and was glad I had it. No foot wear other than the fins, nice sandy beach to enter.

Momscruising there are jet ski rentals at the marina, I didn't get the price. I see 6 docked there and there have been people riding them here everyday.

Many ppl snorkeling here and the reports are good,the water is also much, much warmer off Sapphire Beach than in deeper water off Honeymoon and Caneel Bays on STJ.

Water shoes are always a good idea as you can find a rocky shoal or even a sea urchin anywhere. An inflatable vest works well for beginners and mediocre swimmers like me as long as you don't over inflate.

We went on a day sail yesterday because of the number of cruise ships in port. Tues was even busier and Sapphire was lined with chairs but still not 2 or 3 deep like we've seen elsewhere. We're touring the other beaches tomorrow and will report back with an updated comparison.

Oh My, Get Out! This is Awesome! The kids are going to be so thrilled and Me

Are they just all chilin around? LOL

Yea, chillin around in the grape trees and walking along the beach. Although we didn't do this, others have...fed them. I have read a lot of people that have been there post that they like for you to feed them (of course I'm not sure what there is to feed them that is safe for them) but they will beg for food. I also remember someone posting not to wear red toenail polish around them because they will mistake your toe for food. :eek: :D I have been to a lot of places with iguanas walking around and any time you get anywhere near them, they run. These don't seem to and seem like they were more tame than any other place I have been.

Where are the iguana's at

I just answered this question on the post above yours. :)

Yea, chillin around in the grape trees and walking along the beach. Although we didn't do this, others have...fed them. I have read a lot of people that have been there post that they like for you to feed them (of course I'm not sure what there is to feed them that is safe for them) but they will beg for food. I also remember someone posting not to wear red toenail polish around them because they will mistake your toe for food. :eek: :D I have been to a lot of places with iguanas walking around and any time you get anywhere near them, they run. These don't seem to and seem like they were more tame than any other place I have been.

I wlll have to make sure us gals don't have red polish on! Don't want to get a bit taken from our toes. hehe

I should bring some grapes from the salad bar? Is that allowable to leave the ship? Or maybe they have fruit there. I'm sure they

I wlll have to make sure us gals don't have red polish on! Don't want to get a bit taken from our toes. hehe

I should bring some grapes from the salad bar? Is that allowable to leave the ship? Or maybe they have fruit there. I'm sure they

I know they say to never bring food off or on the ship, but we have always brought the small cartons of cereal for my little one to snack on while we are at the islands. I know they don't check your bags coming off the ship so I'm not sure how they would know.

My kids had an iguana YEARS ago when they were little, so it has been a long time since then. I can't remember what all they eat. I just remember giving them some type of greens I thought...maybe lettuce? But I think they like fruit too. Geesh I'm getting old and can't remember those "back in the day" details as my kids say. :D

Do not bring food off the ship, especially produce. That is to protect the eco-system of the islands. If you want to stop at a market and pick up some fruist or lettuce I would think that would be ok. My brother picked up some snacks somewhere along the way and was feeding the little darlings oranges. He was very popular with the "locals" on the beach that day!:D

• 2 weeks later...
I know they say to never bring food off or on the ship, but we have always brought the small cartons of cereal for my little one to snack on while we are at the islands. I know they don't check your bags coming off the ship so I'm not sure how they would know.

My kids had an iguana YEARS ago when they were little, so it has been a long time since then. I can't remember what all they eat. I just remember giving them some type of greens I thought...maybe lettuce? But I think they like fruit too. Geesh I'm getting old and can't remember those "back in the day" details as my kids say. :D

GO BUCKS! Been reading all the opinions of Sapphire Beach and when we get to STT in March we will head that way.You gave a great review!!! Saw that you are from Ohio. Are you a Buckeye Fan? You have a great sense of humor and take very good pics! Love that

We live in Columbus :)

GO BUCKS! Been reading all the opinions of Sapphire Beach and when we get to STT in March we will head that way.You gave a great review!!! Saw that you are from Ohio. Are you a Buckeye Fan? You have a great sense of humor and take very good pics! Love that

We live in Columbus :)

Have a great time at Sapphire. I hope to make it back there some day but I keep picking cruises that go to the Western side. LOL

Yep from Ohio...Columbus here too. (Well actually Grove City).

Thanks for the comment on the pics (and sense of humor...you must have read my Star review from last month LOL). :D

Have a great time at Sapphire. I hope to make it back there some day but I keep picking cruises that go to the Western side. LOL

Yep from Ohio...Columbus here too. (Well actually Grove City).

Thanks for the comment on the pics (and sense of humor...you must have read my Star review from last month LOL). :D

Hi, no I didn't but will now! You said something pretty funny in this thread.

We live in Canal Winchester. I love Buckeye Football and have not missed a game in over 10 years now. Infact I tailgate with a bunch of the players from the 2002 Championship team. Andy Groom, Branden Joe, Mike Doss to name a few. They are great guys. This years UM game ( and our Bowl Game!:mad:) was incredible as so many 02 team members were at the tailgate. AND WE BEAT "THAT TEAM FROM UP NORTH!

Can't wait to get to Sapphire, can't wait to get were it is warm and blue water! Of course it is suppose to be 60 here tomorrow...but of course ugly looking!:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

You review of Sapphire Beach was awesome! We have been to St. Thomas once before, in 2011, and it rained the whole day. We had plans to visit Magen's Bay, because a friend said they enjoyed it. We didn't end up going, but planned on going back again. We are planning a cruise on the Carnival Liberty for this September, the same cruise we were on before and we are really looking forward to enjoying St. Thomas this time! We were planning to go to Magen's Bay, but after reading your review and looking at your amazing photos, we are most definitely going to Sapphire Beach now!

We are SO excited to snorkel there! We can't wait! Thanks so much for your excellent review!