Seattle's Best Coffee onboard - your thoughts?

theorbo

I know that a lot of people on here are fans of the fact that RCCL serves Seattle's Best Coffee onboard. Do other cruise lines brew a particular 'brand' of coffee?

Ever since I received a free sample of Seattle's Best on Explorer in 2007 I have loved the stuff. My only complaint is that all the specialty coffees are an extra expense for me. Even so, i still buy them! I am really glad that they now have the additional coupon in the C&A coupon books for specialty coffee in the specialty dining - i think it's a good compromise.

Anyone else a big fan of Seattle's Best on Royal Caribbean? Or not?

Interested in your opinion,

David

p.s. as a disclaimer, I am truly a fan of Royal Caribbean and Seattle's Best Coffee. I entered a 'best fan' contest that Seattle's Best is currently having on their FB page ... fb/seattlesbestcoffee.

I'm a Starbucks fan through and through, but really enjoyed and was pleasantly surprised by Seattle's Best on my first Royal Caribbean cruise.

Part of this was my basis of comparison...I'd only cruised Carnival before and their specialty coffee shop is their own, branded specialty shop...and their lattes were terribly sub-par.

While in my experience, I have generally found the food better on Carnival, the specialty coffees were far and away better on RCCL.

As far as Seattle's Best on land...I don't think they have any locations near me (or anywhere in Canada?)...only places I've seen it is as the coffee they serve at Subway.

I enjoy speciality coffee drinks. I also took advantage of the brewed coffee bar in the cafe last week on the Freedom. Starbuck's own Seattles Best. Syrups are the same brand.

True, but Starbuck's had the good sense to keep the ops of its subsidiary separate from it's flagship brand, so Seattle's Best still uses a slightly different roasting process, and IMO delivers a smoother taste.

I know that a lot of people on here are fans of the fact that RCCL serves Seattle's Best Coffee onboard. Do other cruise lines brew a particular 'brand' of coffee?

Ever since I received a free sample of Seattle's Best on Explorer in 2007 I have loved the stuff. My only complaint is that all the specialty coffees are an extra expense for me. Even so, i still buy them! I am really glad that they now have the additional coupon in the C&A coupon books for specialty coffee in the specialty dining - i think it's a good compromise.

Anyone else a big fan of Seattle's Best on Royal Caribbean? Or not?

Interested in your opinion,

David

p.s. as a disclaimer, I am truly a fan of Royal Caribbean and Seattle's Best Coffee. I entered a 'best fan' contest that Seattle's Best is currently having on their FB page ... fb/seattlesbestcoffee.

I was curious about the coffee as well. My husband is a coffee drinker and wanted to know about the coffee (he must have 2 first thing in the morning). Here in Toronto, he loves Tim Horton's. I know they serve Seattle's Best at some of the fast food places here, but we've never tried it.

Can you tell us what it tastes like, is it bitter, strong, smooth?

TIA! (Thanks in advance)

I love coffe and I drink it black and strong. I have no problem with the coffee. Seattle's Best is a good brew, served free at the Promenade Cafe and I can't resist a late night coffee with a pastry. I have no problem with falling asleep on a cruise so it's a perfect combo.

"The One Who Must Be Obeyed" is what some might call a "coffee snob". When we stay in a hotel or motel, she won't drink the compimentary coffee, but sends me to a Dunkin Donuts (a big player on the east coast). She does like the fresh brewed Seattle's Best and I trot down to the Promenade each morning for her. Now that syrup stuff served on Princess ships is another story...

Count me as another fan of Seattle's Best. I'm not quite a coffee snob (though I do luurve my Keurig) but I've had good coffee and bad coffee, and this is good coffee.

The most obvious (and closest to me) chain that serves Seattle's Best is Borders -- so if you need to try it out, that's where to go!

Interesting to see the wide-variety of tastes about coffee ... it seems like everyone really likes Seattle's Best, like I do!

Tonight (October 1) is the last night of the online Seattle's Best Coffee Best Fan contest. My video online features pics of me enjoying Seattle's Best on Royal Caribbean and I am about 60 votes short of first place!

If anyone can vote for me I'd really appreciate it!

http://apps.facebook.com/bright-spotters-fans/entries/345

Oasis in 8 days - can't wait!!

Oh my, I dont even wan to post. Im the only one who doesnt like Seattles Best. For some reason the only coffee I like is room service coffee. I know it sounds strange, its all the same. What can I tell you, it isnt bitter like the coffee in WJ and I dont enjoy it in the MDR for breakfast. Never have room for coffee after dinner, so cant say. I find it bitter. And, thats odd, because I am a Starbucks fan. I just find them diffeent.....

A post after my own heart!

I'm admittedly a coffee addict. Everywhere I go, there is a large sippy type cup filled with ice and black coffee. On boats, on land, at the office, by the nightstand, you name it.

In the past, I haven't been fond of coffee from other ships much less land based vacation spots, but I gotta have it and have learned to grin and bear it. The first time my SO and I tried Seattle's Best we were pleasantly surprised with the quality. We had never actually heard of the brand before so to find a quality cup or 20 on a vacation is the closet to heaven for this traveller!

Only my opinion - Seattle is in trouble if this is the best they can do.

No worries. All you've got to do is stay away from the chains (Starbucks, Seattle's Best, Tulley's) and find some of the good independent coffee spots. That's what we do everywhere, not just in Seattle. (If you like cupcakes, stop in at Verite/Cupcake Royale in Ballard. Delicious coffee and you can get "mini cupcakes" so you don't have to choose between the chocolate-chocolate and the raspberry-lemon and the salted-caramel. You can order them all. Cupcake Royale has a few cupcake and coffee spots in the Seattle area.)

The best I can say about Seattle's Best is that they used to make a great white chocolate mocha, they're better than Starbucks (even though Starbucks owns SB), and the Seattle's Best coffee on RCI is better than most other cruise ship coffee. Pretty presumptuous of them to claim the title of best, but I guess that's JMO.

beachchick

Archived