"...soon to be seven classes..."

I called RCI CS today and while I was on hold, listening to the pre-recorded information playing, I heard them say something about their "...soon to be seven classes..." of ships.

I know there has been speculation on the boards here about a new class of ship but I was wondering, since they have said to expect a new class, if anyone has heard anything new regarding what this new class would be like?

I have already done a search and read the previous posts but has anyone heard anything new?

ETA....

I did ask the CS reps I spoke to today and none of them knew anything about it. One of them insisted that it must be the Celebrity classes I was hearing about but I'm sure that wasn't it. Everything in the recording was RCI related so I'm sure that this was too.

I called RCI CS today and while I was on hold listening to the pre-recorded information playing, I heard them say something about their "...soon to be seven classes..." of ships.

I know there has been speculation on the boards here about a new class of ship but I was wondering, since they have said to expect a new class, if anyone has heard anything new regarding what this new class would be like?

I have already done a search and read the previous posts but has anyone heard anything new?

I heard from an officer on the Jewel in August that the class will be between Freedom and Oasis. Wouldn't say more.

Just off the Oasis yesterday.

There was talk of a new class of ship with "condos" so people could live on the ship.

However with the incompetence we endured on this cruise from Guest Services, the Concierge, the Diamond Concierge, the Loyalty Ambassador, and others, I put little value in the information.

Just off Liberty today. This week our head waiter told us that RCI will be building more Radiance Class ships. I simply do not believe it. Perhaps the ship will have some of Radiance Class traits or size, but I doubt RCI will go backwards in ship design. Also I seldom look to head waiters for information on such matters, but you never know. He may have picked up some scuttlebutt that is partially accurate.

There was talk of a new class of ship with "condos" so people could live on the ship.

However with the incompetence we endured on this cruise from Guest Services, the Concierge, the Diamond Concierge, the Loyalty Ambassador, and others, I put little value in the information.

That doesn't sound good. Will you be telling us what went wrong?

Please? Inquiring minds would like to know more.

Please? Inquiring minds would like to know more.

I will in time. Right now I am typing the letter to RCI. Good thing it is on a word processor, and not an old Underwood Typewriter. I think if I was using an old typewriter, there would only be holes in the paper from smashing the keys too hard.:mad:

I will in time. Right now I am typing the letter to RCI. Good thing it is on a word processor, and not an old Underwood Typewriter. I think if I was using an old typewriter, there would only be holes in the paper from smashing the keys too hard.:mad:

The holes in the paper is from the incomptence part or the "condos" part?

Project "sunshine" will be in between the Radiance and Voyager class with all the features of Freedom class. At this point a ship yard hasn't even been picked so these ships are still far off.

Sunshine of the Seas....I like it! lol

The holes in the paper is from the incomptence part or the "condos" part?

The incompetence of Guest Services.

The part about the condo style ship was from a crew member.

Lisa Bauer and Bill Wright were on this cruise on the first couple of days.

Can anyone tell me where the Moose and Squirrel lounge is on the Oasis?

There have been so many conflicting rumors about what Royal Caribbean will build after Allure that it's hard for me to believe anything! Earlier this year, there were lots of rumors about what Royal Caribbean was going to do in Galveston after April 2011... NONE of them turned out to be true! If I were y'all, I wouldn't believe any rumor until I see RCCL's official press release.

If I had a dollar for every rumor about RCI newbuilds started or spread by waiters, bartenders, crew members, and ships' officers, including some Captains, I could afford one of those condos on ships like The World or the newest one now under construction (not by RCI by the way).;) One has to wonder how they get their real jobs done if they have time to roam the hallways of the Executive Offices, picking up all these tidbits of juicy information. When Richard Fain, Adam Goldstein, Bill Wright, or the RCI PR department has an announcement to make then maybe I'll pay attention. Until then I'll just nod and smile at those folks who are privy to all the latest plans.:D

The incompetence of Guest Services.

The part about the condo style ship was from a crew member.

Lisa Bauer and Bill Wright were on this cruise on the first couple of days.

Can anyone tell me where the Moose and Squirrel lounge is on the Oasis?

What, Rocky and Bullwinkle were on your cruise, too?

I hope that Mrs. Evaluator is all right....................:( :eek:

What, Rocky and Bullwinkle were on your cruise, too?

I hope that Mrs. Evaluator is all right....................:( :eek:

Mrs E. is doing so-so.:(

I didn't see Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Do you know where the Moose and Squirrel lounge is?

How do you use the internet, from the interactive television, in your room on the Oasis?

I'm willing to wait. You have been one of the most "up" people I have read on here. Your outlook with your wife's illness has been outstanding.

That alone tells me if you are this upset something was badly amiss on your cruise.

I for one, enjoy the rumors, and recognize them as such. I'll enjoy discussing each and every one of them and how they affect me. I won't be on my first Radiance class till next May, so I'll hold off speculation there.

I would be surprised if RCI builds ANY new ships within the next several years. I think all that we are hearing rumors about now is regarding ships that would be 5+ years down the road.

Absolutely ....Goldman Sachs just recently upgraded Carnival to a buy from neutral.....and this was one of the reasons given in the article....

One factor in the upgrade is that a spate of news cruise ship additions is slowing down, which could help pricing in the industry. Carnival also has a reputation for solid cost controls.

I called RCI CS today and while I was on hold, listening to the pre-recorded information playing, I heard them say something about their "...soon to be seven classes..." of ships.

That particular recorded taped advertisement was made before Oasis and while Empress was still listed as a class "of her own." They were advertising Oasis as the next class. Too bad someone at RCCL hasn't noticed this by now.

Rick and Deirdra

OHMY!:eek::eek: Sorry to hear there were concerns........

Archived