New "late departure" from Liberty

39august

I inquired at Guest Services what the late departure service was. I was advised that on Liberty, at this time, for $35 pp you would be taken to the Miami Hilton to use their facilities until time for your departure to the airport, with free hotel shuttle to the airport. I thought this was a very good price for those with late departures.

I inquired at Guest Services what the late departure service was. I was advised that on Liberty, at this time, for $35 pp you would be taken to the Miami Hilton to use their facilities until time for your departure to the airport, with free hotel shuttle to the airport. I thought this was a very good price for those with late departures.

thanks for posting this. great information. Not sure why this hasn't been done before but Hilton is obviously on the ball.

Do you sign up for and purchase the late departure service before the cruise or during the cruise?

There has got to be more to this story. Please give us details. How late can you stay on the ship? Do they just have constant shuttles all morning from the ship to the hotel? How does the shuttle from hotel to airport work? Do they just run non-stop shuttles all afternoon? Do you get a room at the hotel to use for the afternoon?

At $35/person including transportation, this is a great bargain. I hope there's not more to this that the OP wasn't aware of.

Jay

You can 't stay late on the ship, but I didn't inquire about actual time these pax depart. As I understood it, there would only be one departure from the pier to the Hilton. Leaving the Hilton, as I understood it, would be hotel's free shuttle when needed for your flight time (within reason of courses) Hotel shuttles tend to be rather constantly going back and forth to airports. I just asked for info out of curiosity when I saw it advertised in the Compass. And you do have to sign up during the cruise. I didn't ask the cutoff for signing up.

I think that it's great that Royal Caribbean is expanding this from their European sailings to the Florida cruises.

:)

It's a way for them to make a few bucks (not many) , but more importantly it's a way to get your ass OFF THE SHIP !!!! :D

I think that it's great that Royal Caribbean is expanding this from their European sailings to the Florida cruises.

:)

On the European sailings, don't you stay onboard the ship? Although I think I'd prefer the hotel, since they wouldn't be chafing to get you off the property the way the crew would want you off the ship...

Archived