Things I wonder about the Marina

JimandStan

In looking over Marinas' deck plans, I've had difficulty in deciphering some of the details, and thought it might be fun to ask the opinions of the group:

For example, do you suppose that passengers will have access to the deck area at the back of the ship on Deck 7?

151539.jpg

How do you see it, or, what has you scratching your head about the new ship.......?

In looking over Marinas' deck plans, I've had difficulty in deciphering some of the details, and thought it might be fun to ask the opinions of the group:

For example, do you suppose that passengers will have access to the deck area at the back of the ship on Deck 7?

151539.jpg

How do you see it, or, what has you scratching your head about the new ship.......?

I was told that passengers will have access to the deck area in the aft on deck 7. There will be a doorway at the end of the hall for access.

Shari

Sharicruz6

I was told that passengers will have access to the deck area in the aft on deck 7. There will be a doorway at the end of the hall for access.

Shari

Sharicruz6

So be it for keeping this a secret huh Shari:D

Jim & Stan...Shari and I had just talked about this yesterday and I joking asked her to keep it a secret so we could selfishly have it to ourselves n the canal crossing.

Well, I had wondered how one was to get up to the Activities Court, absent any stairways, but that was corrected in the later version of the deck plans. Still no stairs to the Fitness Track on the deck plans I have seen.

I still wonder if they will reclassify those B4 cabins with the larger balconies to a higher category.

I think it too bad that the aft elevators don't go down to Deck 5, allowing easier acess to Red Ginger & Jacques. Always think it odd to have to go forward, then down, then back.

I think it too bad that the aft elevators don't go down to Deck 5, allowing easier acess to Red Ginger & Jacques. Always think it odd to have to go forward, then down, then back.

To do so would cause the aft elevator doors to open directly into the Galley area. That may not be too much of a problem, provided you wore your Chef's whites and carried a large spoon!! :D

Since I am prone to just buying t-shirts, I guess missing the boutiques is okay!

I do have a complaint about Oceania's t-shirts, though ... they used to have such nice ones and now they just ... er ... s**k.

I've been meaning to write to Frank about that ...

Since I am prone to just buying t-shirts, I guess missing the boutiques is okay!

I do have a complaint about Oceania's t-shirts, though ... they used to have such nice ones and now they just ... er ... s**k.

I've been meaning to write to Frank about that ...

Agreed...

I always like to pick up a "cool" or interesting T-Shirt from each cruise as a souvenir...I only really wear t-shirts while touring in port on cruises or when lounging around on weekends at home...so I want super-casual...nothing particularly fancy...and I find plain small logo t-shirts somewhat boring...

In 2006, I couldn't really find anything too interesting and ended up buying a plain dark blue T with a small Oceania logo and words "Oceania Cruises" over the left breast...Not exciting, but nice enough...But, just before my most recent O cruise, it got destroyed in a laundry day bleach accident...

I figured I could at least replace it on that cruise, but to my disappointment, I couldn't even do that...Nothing worth buying...

Just to show I am not just pointing Oceania out here, on my most recent Celebrity and Royal Caribbean cruises, I couldn't find any decent T-shirts on those cruises either...

And I have never wanted a T-shirt from Princess...Like that's all I want...to be a 56 year old heterosexual man walking around in a T-shirt that says "PRINCESS" across the front!!!

Yes, I guess that Princess shirt wouldn't have been so wonderful ...

We haven't done much cruising lately other than Oceania but your comments struck home ... on our NCL cruise in April there weren't any shirts worth buying either. We did order some before the cruise through the CC list (we had about 100+ people on that cruise) which are worth having.

I had such nice t-shirts in the past from Oceania. It's really a pity they aren't producing them for us any more!

151539.jpg

Unless the design has changed (and it certainly could have), it doesn't look like there is any "public" access there since the hallways dead end on either side and do not connect...compare it with the decks above and you will see what I mean.

The aft pictures from the new Marina blog posting do seem to show an accessible rear facing balcony for those two lucky PH3's on deck 7...

Kathleen

Agreed...

I always like to pick up a "cool" or interesting T-Shirt from each cruise as a souvenir...I only really wear t-shirts while touring in port on cruises or when lounging around on weekends at home...so I want super-casual...nothing particularly fancy...and I find plain small logo t-shirts somewhat boring...

In 2006, I couldn't really find anything too interesting and ended up buying a plain dark blue T with a small Oceania logo and words "Oceania Cruises" over the left breast...Not exciting, but nice enough...But, just before my most recent O cruise, it got destroyed in a laundry day bleach accident...

And I have never wanted a T-shirt from Princess...Like that's all I want...to be a 56 year old heterosexual man walking around in a T-shirt that says "PRINCESS" across the front!!!

Agree Oceania needs to spice up their Tee shirts.

My sick sense of humor get the better of me sometimes -- parading by the pool with a "Dam Ships" shirt on the Regatta or Shaking Hands with the Captain on the HAL Oosterdam in a shirt with a BOLD "RCL" logo... :D

The aft pictures from the new Marina blog posting do seem to show an accessible rear facing balcony for those two lucky PH3's on deck 7

205927.jpgDeck 7 is just above the blue line.

I admit that it appears as if the stern is divided into three large verandahs on that level.

210504.jpgThat would give 7130 and 7135 outdoor spaces that are comparable to an Owners Suite, which is unlikely.

As Shari says, it is much more likely to be an aft facing passenger deck (one of the most sought after features on a ship today).

212136.jpg

205927.jpgDeck 7 is just above the blue line.

I admit that it appears as if the stern is divided into three large verandahs on that level.

210504.jpgThat would give 7130 and 7135 outdoor spaces that are comparable to an Owners Suite, which is unlikely.

As Shari says, it is much more likely to be an aft facing passenger deck (one of the most sought after features on a ship today).

Okay, going with your logic, where is the "public" entry in front of 7130 and 7135? IF there is a "public" entry to the center section (which is hard to imagine on a passenger cabin oriented deck), I certainly do see a solid divider wall between there and 7130 and 7135. Also note that there is an open pass through at the area wrapping at the end of both 7130 and 7135 verandas (a LARGE monitor reveals this). Do you think that Oceania would allow "public" access in front of a "private" stateroom?...I think not. Also note that 7130 and 7135 are "slightly" smaller than their PH3 neighbors 7128 and 7133...which I do believe is made up by that larger wrapping veranda...

As your post states, this is a "wondering" on my part, however, I'll stick with my version of it...;)

Kathleen

So if there is a walk around deck accessible for the aft does that mean people will be able to walk in front of the balcony cabins (B4) on the sides??

Seems to me by the pictures there is a bulkhead at the edge of the aft cabins separating it from the side decks or is it just speculation?

Lyn

This is the information I just received directly from Oceania....

As you can see from the blueprint attached, there is an accessible deck that is reached via the doors at the end of the port and stbd passenger companionways. The deck is a slender section in the very aft center of the ship. There are solid steel bulkheads to either side of that, so the verandas for PHs 7130 and 7135 are private.

The fore/aft bulkheads on the verandas of 7130 and 7135 are windbreaks to keep the wind from whipping around the corner and disturbing the guests.

Shari

Sharicruz6

Could the centre rear deck space be a smoking area.:eek:

I think they would probably just keep to the two that are already designated for smokers

Otherwise it may get confusing for those looking on the smaller ships for the aft outside smokers sections;)

Lyn

This is the information I just received directly from Oceania....

As you can see from the blueprint attached, there is an accessible deck that is reached via the doors at the end of the port and stbd passenger companionways. The deck is a slender section in the very aft center of the ship. There are solid steel bulkheads to either side of that, so the verandas for PHs 7130 and 7135 are private.

The fore/aft bulkheads on the verandas of 7130 and 7135 are windbreaks to keep the wind from whipping around the corner and disturbing the guests.

Shari

Sharicruz6

Thanks Shari for clarifying.

Surprised they did not add two cabins in the aft like on the R ships as these seem to be very popular

Lyn

Archived