Dress Code

Corvette

I see lots of photos with men wearing suits and ties and women in formals. This is a worry because we are really looking forward to smart casual.

Some people just like to dress up. Short of wearing shorts, you shoud be just fine.

Things could be looking up at Oceania now they have a new ritzy glity ship.

This ship is going to attract new guests which will be good for Oceania and it's regular passengers.Some new guests may be used to a different dress code.It will be interesting to see what happens.

I am sure all will be pleased with the Marina.

Not sure if you are referring to the O brochures or pix posted on blogs...but remember, the pictures in the brochures are MODELS and are intended to put Oceania's "best foot forward". I've seen everything from tuxes and sequined dresses (can count on one hand out of two cruises) and (nice) jeans in the dining room, once. Neither the jeans nor the sequins bothered me...to each his own. Now, if there was any sort of foul smell attached to either, that's a different story altogether:eek:

This ship is going to attract new guests which will be good for Oceania and it's regular passengers.Some new guests may be used to a different dress code.It will be interesting to see what happens.

There are two new sources for several new photos, which seem to be the cause for so much concern.

First, there are new pictures in some of the brochures and other advertising material. As many have already said, what you are looking at are "Professional Models" posed as passengers at the direction of some ad director. These "Plastic People" bear NO resemblance to what life on board Oceania is really and truly like!

Secondly, there were some pictures taken on the Regatta on the recent Oceania Club Reunion cruise. Some were awarded their pins as recognition of their past cruises. For such events, some people seem to be happy to dress up a little for the ceremony. Nothing more!!

There has been NO change in the dress code and hopefully there never will be. Let's put this subject to rest - as some tend to become alarmed that "new things are happening" when that is not so......

As posted above, most of those photos are of professional models, and are dressed more fancily than the norm on Oceania.

We've sailed three times with Oceania, and although I have taken one sports coat/tie with me each time, I have not felt the need to be that "dressed up".

There will be a very few men in jackets, and a couple.three women dressed up, but that is not the norm.

In fact, on our first Renaissance cruise (October 1999) I noticed a group of 3-4 couples dressed to the nines. They looked great but clearly were NOT in the majority.

Those who want to dress up, do (whether they are models or not) ... and those that don't , DON'T!

I wouldn't recommend wearing holy-ey jeans to dinner ... but other than that ...

Looking up:confused: are they/we currently lacking in something?

Depends on your perspective I guess.

The lack of formal nights, absence of photographers, lack of art auctions all add to a pleasurable experience on board O and are points of differentiation IMO but of course YMMV. :cool:

Looking up:confused: are they/we currently lacking in something?

Depends on your perspective I guess.

The lack of formal nights, absence of photographers, lack of art auctions all add to a pleasurable experience on board O and are points of differentiation IMO but of course YMMV. :cool:

I don't know anyone that likes onboard photographers or art auctions,i do not tend to go on those sort of large vessels.

Dressing for dinner is fine by me,if the particular line has that type of dress code.

As I said,the Marina will attract new guests which is what Oceania hope for.It will be interesting to see what happens.All good for everyone is the way I see it.

If Marina attracts new guests my guess is many will come from luxury lines, passengers who are specifically interested in a more casual dress code. They can get much of the luxury experience without all the fuss.

I agree with that. I'd rather cruise Crystal, but it's just too rigid at dinnertime.

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Oceania in April on the new Marina. We do not really care for bringing dressy attire on a trip to Europe. We like to try to pack light and bringing formal wear takes lots of space. I am hoping for a more casual dining experience. I was thinking of bringing a few casual dresses and a nice pair of black slacks to wear with different tops. I hope this is okay. Please advise.

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Oceania in April on the new Marina. We do not really care for bringing dressy attire on a trip to Europe. We like to try to pack light and bringing formal wear takes lots of space. I am hoping for a more casual dining experience. I was thinking of bringing a few casual dresses and a nice pair of black slacks to wear with different tops. I hope this is okay. Please advise.

You do not need fancy dress

I took black & navy silky dress slacks & some nice tops to mix & match

DH took dress pants & collared shirts ....as well as his blazer (not required but his personal choice) for dinner

Daytime you can wear anything you want (within reason)

enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Sounds perfect! Have a wonderful cruise.

I wore very casual dresses when the weather was warm and the same slacks that I wear to my very casual office on all three cruises. My husband never wore a jacket or tie. He wore collared polo shirts or regular collared shirts with dockers or dress slacks.

For breakfast and lunch in the MDR you can wear shorts. You will be fine with a pair of black slacks. have fun.

Archived