" scanning luggage"

I always find it funny how some people assume the rules apply to everyone else and then when they get caught, it's awful and unfair. People haven't been allowed to travel with irons for years now. I think the only exception is checked luggage on an airplane but even then I'm not sure.

*shrug* I have to force myself to iron at home, let alone when I'm supposed to be on vacation. Forget that nonsense.

JUST TO LET ANYONE WHO MAY BE INTERESTED KNOW, HALF OF OUR

19 CRUISES HAVE BEEN WITH "PRINCESS"..AND WE HAVE TAKEN A

TRAVEL IRON ON EVERY TIME, WITH NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER...

B.J.

( FIGURED SOME NEWBIES MIGHT APPRECIATE THIS INFO ) *****:rolleyes:

B.J.

why bother on Princess. They have their own rooms to iron in.

ever see the fire on one of their ships The Star Princess 4 years ago. Caused be a discarded cigarette.

Liffridge-43(2).jpg

B.J.

Not to get self righteous or naggy about this, but just because you have done it in the past that doesn't mean you won't get busted for it in the future. Found this on the Princess website under FAQ/Onboard Experience/Laundry Service:

Please note that irons/ironing boards are available in the self-service laundry rooms. Ironing and using personal clothes steamers is NOT permitted in any stateroom.

I got off of the Mariner on September 26 from our Mexican cruise.

This was my 4 th time on that ship.

We got our luggage and were waiting on line to go through customs.

I looked over to a large table in front of the doors where all the luggage was laid out.

There were many, many irons on it waiting for their owners to reclaim them, that I actually started to laugh. Also on that table were fans and other items that I could not make out.

I have always posted that the Mariner was a strict ship when it came to rules. I was real happy to see that they value the safety of their ship and passengers. ;)

And the customer is not always right. :rolleyes:

The OP was just passing along some information to people that are new to this. Why is everyone making a big deal about it. I think it's very simple. If you have never packed alchohol or an iron in your luggage then you have nothing to worry about. If you have in the past, then you might appreciate this little bit of info. This of course is just my opinion.

And by the way, I don't "smuggle" so this is not an issue for me.

Not being able to bring our travel iron was news to me, also. Our last cruise (eons ago, I know) we brought it with no problem, so I just assumed that it would be okay - not knowing that the rules had changed. If I wasn't on here, I wouldn't have known..... Just saying. Mine would have been in the stack on the "naughty table", or whatever you call it. :rolleyes:

The OP was just passing along some information to people that are new to this. Why is everyone making a big deal about it. I think it's very simple. If you have never packed alchohol or an iron in your luggage then you have nothing to worry about. If you have in the past, then you might appreciate this little bit of info. This of course is just my opinion.

And by the way, I don't "smuggle" so this is not an issue for me.

Because this person has ALWAYS known that it is prohibited on BOTH of the cruiselines which s/he purports to have cruised on. :rolleyes:

And because of the FROWNY FACE s/he used to designate this thread.

SeaUs, thank you for this important reminder-photo.

Just returned from Majesty. First time I have noticed the scanners. We had cans of Diet Pepsi inside a locked (non TSA) bag and was not disturbed. There is no way they can differentiate soda cans from beer cans. By the way Up til now I have always brought alcohol on (heineken 12 pack) and never had it taken away. We also now bring a steamer for clothes.

Glad to see some people didn't know about irons and such, and appreciated the information...

Always some new to cruising people who...need to know everything.

Finding some folks on this site not very tolerant, of what

they consider old information..

Lets chill out....and if you have read it before and old hat to

you, just skip the read..and go on to something else....~~~~

whats old info to some......is brand new to others right !!!!

B.j.:)

Glad to see some people didn't know about irons and such, and appreciated the information...

Always some new to cruising people who...need to know everything.

Finding some folks on this site not very tolerant, of what

they consider old information..

Lets chill out....and if you have read it before and old hat to

you, just skip the read..and go on to something else....~~~~

whats old info to some......is brand new to others right !!!!

B.j.:)

Well said

For wrinkled clothing, they do provide a pressing only of your clothes at half the price of dry cleaning onboard.

It is amazing that people still after all this time, think they can take alcohol onboard!

I did take a electrical strip (surge proctector) on thinking I might need it for charging devices, but never used it and it never was questioned.

Eh, I just wet my hands, try my best to smooth the wrinkles a bit, then hang up the clothes near a steamy shower. {shrug}

But that cruise ship fire is terrifying! :eek: Were they out at sea when it happened? If so, how were they rescued? Was everyone okay?

But that cruise ship fire is terrifying! :eek: Were they out at sea when it happened? If so, how were they rescued? Was everyone okay?

That was the Star Princess. The fire occurred while they were sailing from Grand Cayman to Jamaica. The crew was able to stop the fire and the ship made it back to Montego Bay under its own power. 1 passenger died, and 13 others suffered severe smoke inhalation. Very sad and scary situation.

Archived