Will wear same dress on two formal nights....

Jane110

....however, they'll be one week apart and on two different ships! :D:D

I'm going on a Celebrity launch cruise and then a RCCL launch cruise in November, one week apart from one another. I'll be home for 4 days between cruises to get clothes cleaned, and repacked.

I'll take my Mom on Celebrity, and MrJane110 on RCCL.

I'm so excited!

Hahahaha on the thread title! Hi Jane! I popped over to see if anyone was posting for Halloween wear on Halloween sailings...when I saw your thread title. I thought, OMG, what the heck happened to Jane after all this time? Opened the post and was relieved to see your clarification. Have two great fun filled cruises!

coka

Hahahaha on the thread title! Hi Jane! I popped over to see if anyone was posting for Halloween wear on Halloween sailings...when I saw your thread title. I thought, OMG, what the heck happened to Jane after all this time? Opened the post and was relieved to see your clarification. Have two great fun filled cruises!

coka

I thought the same thing!!!

Nothing horrible about it at all. I planned to do exactly that, then I went to Ross and found 2 formal night dresses for $33 total. The week before I found 1 formal night dress for $2.99 so now I have a different dress for each formal night....but since they fold up small I'm taking all 3 on my 10-night cruise. It'll be a tough decision on which 2 to take on future 7-night cruises ;-)

Sue/WDW1972

Zuiderdam 11/23/10

Eurodam 3/5/11

... so just what is so horrible about wearing the same dress on two formal nights, even if they are on the same cruise??

Absolutely nothing. If I wasn't a chronic overpacker with clothes that I'd like to bring but leaving behind and if I hadn't purchased both my formal dresses cheap, I'd consider it. It's nice when people can, but I'm not really a mix and match while on a cruise kind of woman!

You could easily take one dress and accessorize it differently. Unless it's a very distinctive dress, most people would have no idea that it was the same dress.

Nothing horrible about it at all. I planned to do exactly that, then I went to Ross and found 2 formal night dresses for $33 total. The week before I found 1 formal night dress for $2.99 so now I have a different dress for each formal night....but since they fold up small I'm taking all 3 on my 10-night cruise. It'll be a tough decision on which 2 to take on future 7-night cruises ;-)

Sue/WDW1972

Zuiderdam 11/23/10

Eurodam 3/5/11

Take all 3 again? ;) The three of us are having another night where we're dressing up a little bit more and wearing cocktail dresses. We did it last time for Mom's birthday and it was fun!

I don't think Jane said there was anything so horrible about wearing

the same thing twice. I didn't read that....she was saying what she

chooses to do.

I am not an overpacker but I still like to wear a different outfit

for each evening.

Different strokes for different folks:)

I don't think Jane said there was anything so horrible about wearing

the same thing twice. I didn't read that....she was saying what she

chooses to do.

I am not an overpacker but I still like to wear a different outfit

for each evening.

Different strokes for different folks:)

I didn't think Jane was saying it was horrible either. I also believe the post was rather tongue in cheek and meant to be lighthearted.:D

There's nothing wrong with it, and I am jealous you get to go on back to back cruises!

I would still pack a different outfit for each formal night. One of my favorite things is to take photos with my family on each formal night - we may not buy them all, but at the end of the cruise we have wonderful memories to choose from and take with us. Our mantel at home is family portraits of our wonderful vacations. Looking at them makes me so ready for my next cruise!

Ahh who am I kidding, I am always ready to put on my sea legs!

And to wdw1972 I love Ross!!!!

The unfortunate side-effect though is a section of my closet dedicated to cruise formal night wear that I can't bear to get rid of, and don't wear again... Still not so horrible that I stop.

I plan to do the LBD twice on a week long cruise next year. Neutral/nude hose one night and sheer black the second. Black heels both evenings. Pearls one evening and diamonds the other!

And I just got one of those reversible dresses. So cleaver how you turn it inside out for a totally different look.

... so just what is so horrible about wearing the same dress on two formal nights, even if they are on the same cruise??

Nothing horrible about it at all. I have worn the same dress to dinner, to bed, to breakfast, and to the pool on the same cruise...just changed the shoes and jewelry...! My comment was more towards knowing Jane through her threads for the last nine years here.

coka

Archived