100% Agave and beach

cruisinaz

We coulnd't find it. Walked all the way up and down the malecon and couldn't find it. We were disappointed. I was so looking forward to it. I asked a couple of people and no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

We will be there in January and I will update the new location.

I know that does not help you, but maybe it will help others. :o

If someone goes there sooner, could you please give some landmarks for finding the new location of

"Fernando's 100% Agave"?

We have not been there since he moved to his new location.

Judy

It is very easy to find. If you are starting at the row of business's that is closest to the ship, walk away from the ship. At the first break in that row, there is a gap both in the building and the beach tables and chairs, that is 100% Agave. It is narrow like many of the bars and restaurants there, but it is two stories. I can't imagine that anyone could miss it???? There are several bars/restaurants all in a group right there and Fernando's is the last.

• 1 month later...
Judy depending on which Star cruise you're on I'll see if I can help too. We're headed out on Jan 6th on the Star. Better be able to find it...Looking forward to it

Aaron,

We go out on the 13th.

I'll wave to you as you depart the ship and we get on.....

I hope you have a great time!

Judy

Leaving in a week, really hope to hear an update by then :)

We just had our second trip back to 100% earlier this month, and it is better than ever. Of course, Fernando and the rest of the staff were really welcoming and nice. Unfortunately we had a short day there, so we didn't get much time there this time. We didn't get any welcome cocktails (although we did last time), but it was earlier in the day and we had young kids with us. There beach area is nice, as is the new restaurant/bar area. We had a michelada, a coke, a couple bottles of water, a small ceviche (which was far from small), and a plate of nachos (also very large). We couldn't finish it all (which I felt bad about), and all of it was very, very good. Total bill, including use of the palapa, beach chairs, etc.) : $20 USD. Best bargain in the Caribbean as far as I'm concerned.

For us, getting there was easy. Here's what we did. Walk all the way out of the gates of the cruise center and get a taxi at the taxi stand (walk past the bus thing they have...the taxi is the same cost). We told the taxi driver where we wanted to go and he dropped us off at Fernando's front door. And when we left, Fernando got a taxi for us to get back. Because we didn't walk the malecon this time, it's hard to give landmarks, but I believe it is about a block south of where his previous location was, and the restaurant stretches from the malecon to the street.

You should go there...I can't wait to go back.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much Miss Judy. We are headed to Fernando's next month and would love to hear your thoughts, from someone who has been to the old fernando's and now checking out the new set up.

This will be our first time there and we are really excited about it. Can you check and see if Frenando's has jet ski rentals and how much they are? It seems like some of the beach bars have this. Can't wait to hear what you think. Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much Miss Judy. We are headed to Fernando's next month and would love to hear your thoughts, from someone who has been to the old fernando's and now checking out the new set up.

This will be our first time there and we are really excited about it. Can you check and see if Frenando's has jet ski rentals and how much they are? It seems like some of the beach bars have this. Can't wait to hear what you think. Have a great cruise!

I'll see if he offers anything.

If not, there are plenty of places along the beach that have rentals.

If you like massages, this is one of the best and cheapest in the Caribbean & they are right on the beach.

Judy

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanting to check that kids (13&15) can go to Agave? We are considering doing this and the beach with our two girls in March.

Thanks

We just returned from our cruise & Fernando's 100% Agave is a wonderful as ever.

Yes, kids can go there.

He has tables inside or out on the beach.

He also has free Internet, but you need to be inside or nearby.

His food is still awesome and his prices are very reasonable.

I'm so glad we went back.

I love the new beach location.

I will try to post photos, but it will be a week or so before I can get to it.

Judy

Travel Junkie Judy,

Please tell us as much as possible about 100%, food, drink, chairs on beach, massage in the area. Thanks.

The food is fresh - the fish is the best.

I don't remember our total bill, but it was very inexpensive.

There are many massage tables all up and down the beach.

45 minutes for $20 - I think.

There are all kinds of rentals also - snorkeling, small boats, etc.

I don't know the costs.

I will attempt to attach photos.

IMG_8257.jpg.3d9f6b48fa431b6ecd50dfe2785443d5.jpg

IMG_8258.jpg.371d961f45c29dbdb8b9f325d0ac1ea9.jpg

IMG_8259.jpg.e2ca771edb9955dd3328450a946fa9f8.jpg

IMG_8260.jpg.429115e678bd082f416af2c05f16e983.jpg

IMG_8261.jpg.61c51bdb239aba5ae08a386bd190456f.jpg

Judy

We were on the Star in Costa Maya on Jan. 8 and headed straight to Fernando's (Agave). We had been to the old place 2 yrs. ago. Fernando welcomed us as old friends and we sat behind the plastic sheet on 2d floor on the right of the photo. Thanks for posting them! See my account on the NCL board, but it seems like DW and I had a total of 5 shots, 1 margarita, 1 beer, 2 orders of seafood tacos (3 ea. w/soft tortillas), guacamole, chips, 4 or 5 hot sauces, and a 20 oz. "water bottle" to go. All for $25. US, plus a $5.tip. Can't beat it. About a dozen Disney crew members were also there, all eating and texting. Wife got a 1 hr. $25. massage at El Faro, just down the block. We LOVE Costa Maya! steve

• 2 weeks later...
Just out of curiosity, how early do you recommend getting to Agave to make sure you get a seat? Do you know what time they open? Thanks for any advice.

You can arrive at any time. Fernando has enlarged the restaurant and there should be no problem getting a table.

He has tables on the first floor, tables on the beach and tables upstairs with an awesome view.

Judy

Hubby and I aren't drinkers. Would we still enjoy a day at Fernandos or should we search for another option? :rolleyes:

You don't have to be a drinker to love Fernando's. I usually only have one drink. Our friends that went with us twice are both non-drinkers - one is in AA. They love Fernando's & drink coke. Fernando will also make virgin punch for you if you ask.

It does help if you like good food at reasonable prices. Liking fresh fish is also a plus, but not totally necessary.

AND - it helps if you like beautiful ocean views of a wonderful beach.

Judy

You don't have to be a drinker to love Fernando's. I usually only have one drink. Our friends that went with us twice are both non-drinkers - one is in AA. They love Fernando's & drink coke. Fernando will also make virgin punch for you if you ask.

It does help if you like good food at reasonable prices. Liking fresh fish is also a plus, but not totally necessary.

AND - it helps if you like beautiful ocean views of a wonderful beach.

Judy

Thank you Judy! Sounds great!

Archived