100% Agave and beach

cruisinaz

truthfully you dont need a map...when you get off the ship, they have the little pool and shopping area. go outside of that and get the cab...it willl drive you a mile or 2 thru nothing to the little town/beach area and youre there. The main road runs parallel to the beach tourist area and 100% Agave is on the main road, cut down a side street and you are on the beach. Our taxi took us right there. Anyone can find it, youll see what I mean when you get there! :D

thanks, I think we will be fine... we didnt have any problems in Progresso getting around and I think this port will be about the same... Good locals helping out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
After hearing all these reviews Im thinking about canceling on maya chan and spending some time here, we only have from 10-6 in port, is this place that good or is maya chan a must do?

As great as 100% Agave is, and I'm a big cheerleader for Fernando, you'll regret missing out on what mark and his crew can provide at Maya Chan. So don't cancel Maya Chan!

10-6 is a long time, Some ships leave at 3P. So if you do decide to head back to the ship a little early (say 4P) you might have the taxi driver swing by 100% Agave and have a drink. But it's not on the beach and it's really just an open air restaurant/bar.

• 3 weeks later...

Where does the name 100% agave come from or what does it stand for, being the restaurant name?

I do not like any thing spicy or hot what so ever. I do not like any seafood at all. So I hope I can find something to enjoy on the menu. I am so wanting to check this place out after all your raving reviews.

Thanks for all your info & experiences.

Where does the name 100% agave come from or what does it stand for, being the restaurant name?

I do not like any thing spicy or hot what so ever. I do not like any seafood at all. So I hope I can find something to enjoy on the menu. I am so wanting to check this place out after all your raving reviews.

Thanks for all your info & experiences.

Tequila. Tequila is made from the agave plant and some less qualities use other plants or methods as well. Fernando makes or had made his own tequila 100% from Agave. He makes excellent margaritas.

His salsa does have a kick, but if you ask he'll get you a milder salsa for your chips and not overdo the spices. He has pork and chicken dishes in addition to seafood options.

Hi. You go the the website costamayabeachresort.com. You will get all the info you need- cost, what you get , etc. You make your reservation through that website. If you decide to go, make the reservation as soon as possible- they fill up fast. If you have been there before, or if you are in a bigger group you will get a better rate. Sometimes strangers who meet on the cruise rollcall band together. You will love it there- great food and drinks, water activities, biking and games if you are interested. The Ostrows and their staff are born hosts who will seem like your best friends. We have been twice and can hardly wait to return. I hate beaches that have vendors pestering you- even having to give repeated "firm nos" can be annoying- here there is none of that. They have a nice lady who can give you a massage at a reasonable rate, but she is available, not going from chaise to chaise pestering. You will love floating in a chair and having drinks delivered to you. They also have computers at the bar ready for you to check in back home or do your e-mailing. Say Hi! to them from Laurie.(:

• 2 weeks later...

Well this thread just sealed my plans for Costa Maya....we weren't sure what to do in port, but we have the opportunity to leave the baby so we're going to visit 100% Agave!!!

Is it still the same little hole in the wall everyone is describing? All these cruisers haven't changed it one bit?

I've done Maya Chan, which was great, but it adds up when you do a massage. Plus, it was impossible to swim there because the water was so shallow. It bascially turned out to be a good place to chill, eat and drink. The weather was beautiful that day so I had no issues about reserving in advance. That said, I think I would prefer to not have to put down money in advance this time in case of the weather. I also want to try something(s) else, so I think the combo of Tropicante for beach and beer and then stroll over to 100% Agave would be ideal. I found a good map which shows the block on the Malecon where Tropicante is located (#4). 100% Agave is just around the corner, I believe, on Cherna, as you walk to the back street where the taxis are. Someone correct me, please, if I'm mistaken:

http://www.mayanbeachgarden.com/Mahajual_Maps.html

I've done Maya Chan, which was great, but it adds up when you do a massage. Plus, it was impossible to swim there because the water was so shallow. It bascially turned out to be a good place to chill, eat and drink. The weather was beautiful that day so I had no issues about reserving in advance. That said, I think I would prefer to not have to put down money in advance this time in case of the weather. I also want to try something(s) else, so I think the combo of Tropicante for beach and beer and then stroll over to 100% Agave would be ideal. I found a good map which shows the block on the Malecon where Tropicante is located (#4). 100% Agave is just around the corner, I believe, on Cherna, as you walk to the back street where the taxis are. Someone correct me, please, if I'm mistaken:

http://www.mayanbeachgarden.com/Mahajual_Maps.html

After reviewing earlier postings I see it was mentioned that 100% Agave is on Sierra (not Cherna) and Huachinango which puts it behind Tropicante.

100% Agave is almost directly behind Tropicante. Fernando has a barrel of tequila in the place and sells it in your bottle. Not sure if you can take it on the ship without a problem, though.

As we were leaving, a man drove up in a car with Calif plates to get a milk jug of tequila. He said he drives about 25 kilometers just to get Fernando's tequila. Has lived in the area for about five years.

There is also a small grocery store next to Fernando's that makes fresh corn tortillas... YUMMY

we were just there.. let me tell you one of the best days we have had..the food, atmostphere and fernando were all awesome......also the taquila.....and the micheladas......we ate so much food and had many drinks and samples of drinks for get this $15.00......we also left a nice tip.....go. go. go, if you can do not miss fernandos.......

Archived